|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandpa say he saw Love doing one night before she suggested taking a trip?
2. What does Love hint to Grandpa that she wants in the house?
(a) An extended bedroom.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) A cook stove.
(d) A new piano.
3. How does Love help Grandpa with the business?
(a) She picks out good merchandise.
(b) She is good at haggling prices.
(c) She knows who to sell what to.
(d) She makes displays look nice.
4. What message does Grandpa want to send with his own funeral?
(a) Life is short.
(b) Bad things happen.
(c) Dying isn't always bad.
(d) God is good.
5. Who does Hoyt NOT give a ride in his new vehicle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Mary that Will was seen kissing a Mill girl?
2. Where does the man who houses Will and Grandpa for the night work?
3. What does Will do when he sees Grandpa kissing Love?
4. What chore does Loomis have to do while Grandpa learns to drive?
5. What does Hoyt retrieve from the store before allowing anyone to move Grandpa's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grandpa say before his trip alone with Love to make the entire town angry?
2. What does Love do to calm Loma down after she sees the dress Grandpa bought for her?
3. What do Will and his friends do during the Christmas play to create scripted chaos, and how is this received?
4. What does Grandpa do to prove his skill with a gun when he is being robbed?
5. What prank does Miss Love pull while Grandpa is learning to drive?
6. Why does Will think Loma is jealous of Love's home?
7. How did Grandpa find out that Love kissed Mr. McAllister, and why?
8. What does Love tell Will she will do if Grandpa dies?
9. What does Grandpa get upset with Will for while they are working together in the store?
10. What gift does Loma give to Will, and why?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)