|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Loma so angry about when she sees Love at the house for the first time?
(a) That she is living in her mother's room.
(b) That she and her father sleep on separate beds.
(c) That she changed so much.
(d) That she took down all the pictures.
2. Who does Hoyt NOT give a ride in his new vehicle?
3. Why did Grandpa stop sleeping with Mattie Lou?
(a) She did not want to anymore.
(b) She got too old.
(c) She could not have children any more.
(d) She fell out of love with him.
4. Who replaces Love's piano playing when she is asked not to come to services anymore?
(a) Aunt Loma.
(b) Effie Bell.
(c) Mary Willis.
(d) Mrs. Predmore.
5. What does Love want Grandpa to buy to show off all the driving apparel?
(a) A sample shipment.
(b) A mannequin.
(c) A display window.
(d) A crate box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Hoyt buy?
2. Who watches Grandpa during the nights while he is sick?
3. Who tells Will that Grandpa has died?
4. What does Will see in the middle of the road while they are on their motoring trip?
5. What helps Grandpa and Love get on a good footing together again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Love say in her postcards to the women in town?
2. What prank does Miss Love pull while Grandpa is learning to drive?
3. What gift does Loma give to Will, and why?
4. What happens when the robbers turn over the barrel with the coins in it?
5. What do Will and his friends do during the Christmas play to create scripted chaos, and how is this received?
6. What does Will overhear Grandpa tell Love while they are on the motoring trip?
7. What does Grandpa decide to start selling at his store after his trip to New York, and how does he want Will to help him?
8. What does Love say to Mrs. Predmore when she talks about the quick marriage?
9. What does Love say she prefers to be called after her wedding, and how does Grandpa respond to this?
10. Why does Will feel that he may have let Love down?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)