|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandpa have the cars moved to the back of the store?
(a) He is mad at Mary.
(b) He doesn't have time to watch them all day.
(c) They get in the way of customers and deliveries.
(d) People are not gentle with them.
2. What does Will think Loma is jealous of when she tours Love's house?
(a) Love's room.
(b) Love's calm demeanor.
(c) Love's talents.
(d) Love's happiness.
3. Why do people in town refuse to hold a wake for Camp?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) There are a lot of deaths in town that week.
(c) They believe he is going to Hell.
(d) He was not well liked.
4. What does Will see in the middle of the road while they are on their motoring trip?
(a) A sign of protest.
(b) A broken down wagon.
(c) An overturned car.
(d) A wounded horse.
5. What is Miss Pearl's occupation?
(d) Switchboard operator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chore does Loomis have to do while Grandpa learns to drive?
2. Who replaces Love's piano playing when she is asked not to come to services anymore?
3. How does Will feel when Love touches him while they go out to see her horse?
4. Who watches Grandpa during the nights while he is sick?
5. What is Will grounded from doing after he is caught kissing a Mill Girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Will think Loma is jealous of Love's home?
2. What is Will's punishment for creating chaos during the Christmas play?
3. What does Love say to Mrs. Predmore when she talks about the quick marriage?
4. What does Loma tell Grandpa when they are embracing after Camp's death?
5. What does Love do to calm Loma down after she sees the dress Grandpa bought for her?
6. What does Grandpa do to prove his skill with a gun when he is being robbed?
7. What prank does Miss Love pull while Grandpa is learning to drive?
8. What secret does Love tell Will while Grandpa is sick?
9. What causes Love to say she will never drive again?
10. What does Love say she prefers to be called after her wedding, and how does Grandpa respond to this?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)