|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Love help Grandpa with the business?
(a) She makes displays look nice.
(b) She picks out good merchandise.
(c) She knows who to sell what to.
(d) She is good at haggling prices.
2. What does Will think Loma is jealous of when she tours Love's house?
(a) Love's calm demeanor.
(b) Love's talents.
(c) Love's happiness.
(d) Love's room.
3. Why does one couple come to the first church services held at Grandpa and Love's house?
(a) They like to sing.
(b) They support Love.
(c) They are curious.
(d) They have been offended by the Methodists.
4. Who is trying to get Will not to defend Love against all the rumors?
5. What does Will see in the middle of the road while they are on their motoring trip?
(a) A wounded horse.
(b) An overturned car.
(c) A broken down wagon.
(d) A sign of protest.
6. Who decides at the last minute to go on the trip with Love and Grandpa?
7. Who tells the family that Grandpa has died?
8. Who does Grandpa tell to shut up?
(a) Mr. Pardon.
(b) Miss Preston.
(c) Mrs. Predmore.
(d) Mr. Prince.
9. What does Love talk to Will about while they check on her new horse?
(a) His mother's feelings.
(b) The girl he has a crush on.
(c) Family vacations.
(d) His schooling.
10. Why does Grandpa say he is taking Love on a trip with him?
(a) She would be helpful picking out housewares for the store.
(b) She needs to get away from the gossip in the town.
(c) He wants to introduce her to some friends.
(d) They want a vacation together.
11. Who sleeps on a cot during the motoring trip?
(b) The host.
12. What is strange about Hosie on his first day of work?
(a) He doesn't take any breaks.
(b) He doesn't look anyone in the eye.
(c) He doesn't speak at all.
(d) He doesn't wear shoes.
13. What does Mary do when she hears that Will was seen kissing a Mill Girl?
(a) She makes him write lines.
(b) She withholds dinner.
(c) She spanks him.
(d) She doubles his chore list.
14. What does Grandpa want used as his casket?
(a) An old canoe.
(b) His bed.
(c) The pine box Mattie's casket came in.
(d) His car.
15. What does Loma begin working on after she moves in with Mary?
(a) Her gardening.
(b) Her sewing.
(c) Her writing.
(d) Her painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who yells at Grandpa in his store for wanting to go on a trip alone with Love?
2. How does Grandpa describe the cars to customers?
3. Where does Mr. McAllister live now?
4. Where does the man who houses Will and Grandpa for the night work?
5. Who demands that Camp be given proper respects?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)