|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first sign to Will that Grandpa is unhappy?
(a) He goes to work late.
(b) He starts drinking again.
(c) He lets his hair grow out.
(d) He goes to work early.
2. What is Miss Pearl's occupation?
(b) Switchboard operator.
3. What is Hoyt doing when he misses church?
(a) Visiting Granny's grave.
(b) Buying an automobile.
(c) Attending Grandpa's services.
4. What does Will pour into the car to get it to make it to the next house?
(a) Water and grits.
(b) Water and oil.
(c) Oil and grits.
(d) Mud and rocks.
5. What does Loma say she feels guilty about after Camp's death?
(a) Not thanking him properly.
(b) Not feeling sorrow at his death.
(c) Leaving on her trip.
(d) Treating him poorly.
6. What is the name of the black servant at Will's house?
7. Where is Grandpa Blakeslee going on a trip with Love?
(c) Washington DC.
(d) New York.
8. Why does Grandpa have the cars moved to the back of the store?
(a) They get in the way of customers and deliveries.
(b) He is mad at Mary.
(c) He doesn't have time to watch them all day.
(d) People are not gentle with them.
9. Who tells Will that Grandpa has died?
10. Why do people in town refuse to hold a wake for Camp?
(a) They believe he is going to Hell.
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) He was not well liked.
(d) There are a lot of deaths in town that week.
11. Where does Mr. McAllister live now?
(c) New Hampshire.
12. What does Will say is the worst injury to Grandpa after the robbery?
(a) His wrist is sprained.
(b) His ribs are broken.
(c) His pride is wounded.
(d) His left eye loses its vision.
13. Who sleeps on a cot during the motoring trip?
(d) The host.
14. What is strange about Hosie on his first day of work?
(a) He doesn't look anyone in the eye.
(b) He doesn't speak at all.
(c) He doesn't wear shoes.
(d) He doesn't take any breaks.
15. Who does Hoyt NOT give a ride in his new vehicle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grandpa call when he hears he will have to wait for a mechanic?
2. When does Will see Lightfoot for the first time since kissing her?
3. Who tells the family that Grandpa has died?
4. Who decides at the last minute to go on the trip with Love and Grandpa?
5. How many robbers does Grandpa take on in his store one night?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)