|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandpa have the cars moved to the back of the store?
(a) He is mad at Mary.
(b) People are not gentle with them.
(c) He doesn't have time to watch them all day.
(d) They get in the way of customers and deliveries.
2. Why does Grandpa say he is taking Love on a trip with him?
(a) They want a vacation together.
(b) She would be helpful picking out housewares for the store.
(c) He wants to introduce her to some friends.
(d) She needs to get away from the gossip in the town.
3. What does Loma say she feels guilty about after Camp's death?
(a) Not feeling sorrow at his death.
(b) Treating him poorly.
(c) Not thanking him properly.
(d) Leaving on her trip.
4. Who gives the first sermon at Grandpa and Love's house?
5. Where does Mr. McAllister live now?
(d) New Hampshire.
6. Who yells at Grandpa in his store for wanting to go on a trip alone with Love?
7. What message does Grandpa want to send with his own funeral?
(a) God is good.
(b) Life is short.
(c) Dying isn't always bad.
(d) Bad things happen.
8. What does Grandpa win in a contest?
(a) Free dinner for a month.
(b) A weekend getaway.
(c) Two new horses.
(d) The chance to name a hotel.
9. What is Loma so angry about when she sees Love at the house for the first time?
(a) That she took down all the pictures.
(b) That she and her father sleep on separate beds.
(c) That she changed so much.
(d) That she is living in her mother's room.
10. Why does Will think Love might have confided things in him?
(a) She wanted him to spread rumors.
(b) She wanted a friend.
(c) She wanted someone to stand up for her.
(d) She wanted someone to understand her.
11. Who does Lightfoot say she is going to marry?
12. How does Love help Grandpa with the business?
(a) She knows who to sell what to.
(b) She makes displays look nice.
(c) She is good at haggling prices.
(d) She picks out good merchandise.
13. Who replaces Love's piano playing when she is asked not to come to services anymore?
(a) Effie Bell.
(b) Aunt Loma.
(c) Mary Willis.
(d) Mrs. Predmore.
14. Who tells Will that Grandpa has died?
15. How many robbers does Grandpa take on in his store one night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Love do when Grandpa dies?
2. How does Will think he let Love down?
3. What is the first sign to Will that Grandpa is unhappy?
4. How does Grandpa describe the cars to customers?
5. What does Grandpa buy for Love to put in the house?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)