|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandpa say made everything good about him?
(a) His children.
(b) His God.
(c) His late wife.
(d) His experiences.
2. How did Granny feel about Love?
(a) She loved her.
(b) She hated her.
(c) She pitied her.
(d) She disapproved of her.
3. What did Will see his grandfather do when his grandmother was sick that he had never seen him do before?
4. What does Grandpa offer to do for Love after talking with the fancy visitor?
(a) Let her go with the man.
(b) Fight the man.
(c) Ignore what just happened.
(d) Get an annulment.
5. What kind of weather do the boys encounter on their camping trip?
6. How many live children does Grandpa Blakeslee have?
7. What musical instrument does Love play well?
8. Who does Grandpa ask to go through his late wife's things?
(a) Love and Mary.
(b) Mary and Loma.
(c) Will and Love.
(d) Will and Hoyt.
9. How old is Will at the beginning of the book?
10. Why does Grandpa agree to shave his beard?
(a) Will says no one will recognize him.
(b) Love asks him to.
(c) He knows it will bother Mary.
(d) Granny always wanted him to.
11. What does Love say she missed out on in life?
12. What did Loma want to become?
(a) An actress.
(b) A writer.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A singer.
13. What was Granny's name?
(a) Mary Ann.
(b) Mattie Lou.
(c) Marty Sue.
(d) Marcia Lynn.
14. What is Mr. Blakeslee's main disability?
(a) He has one eye.
(b) He has one leg.
(c) He has one arm.
(d) He has one working ear.
15. Where does Love come from?
(d) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the fancy visitor go after Grandpa comes back home?
2. What is Will's last name?
3. What does Will do the day he decides his mourning period is over?
4. What does Will decide to do the day after he escapes the train on the trestle?
5. What does Love tell Will to do if he hears people gossiping about her?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)