|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandpa eat with Will when he gets back from his wedding?
2. What did Granny say to Grandpa when she woke up for a time while she was sick?
(a) Say your prayers.
(b) Water the plants.
(c) You need a haircut.
(d) Clean your dishes.
3. Who warns Will that the train is coming while he is on the trestle?
(a) Granny's voice.
(b) His dog.
4. Where does Grandpa keep all of the important family records?
(a) The yearly annual.
(b) Granny's journal.
(c) His autobiography.
(d) The family Bible.
5. Who tells Grandpa what happened to Will on the train?
6. Where does the fancy visitor go after Grandpa comes back home?
(a) To the depot.
(b) To the mill town.
(c) To the store.
(d) To Mary's house.
7. How did Will feel about being in mourning?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He didn't mind it.
(c) He found it interesting.
(d) He hated it.
8. What does Love forget to do before Grandpa comes home while Will is there?
(a) Collect the mail.
(b) Weed the garden.
(c) Shine his shoes.
(d) Cook dinner.
9. What did Loma want to become?
(a) A singer.
(b) An actress.
(c) A writer.
(d) A nurse.
10. Who is the narrator of the book?
(c) An omniscient narrator.
11. Which of the following is NOT one of the boys who goes camping with Will?
12. What is Effie Belle known for?
(a) Judging others.
(c) Cleaning houses.
(d) Being very kind.
13. What is Will's dog's name?
14. What does Grandpa do at the end of his public announcement about his wedding to Miss Love?
(a) He prays.
(b) He reads his vows.
(c) He talks about his late wife.
(d) He tells Will's train story.
15. What was Love's engagement present when she was previously engaged?
(a) A piano.
(b) A music box.
(c) A saddle.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Grandpa Blakeslee supposed to be in mourning?
2. What musical instrument does Love play well?
3. Why can't the boys go hunting on their camping trip?
4. What does Grandpa tell Love to do with the saddle?
5. Where does the girl Will has a crush on live?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)