|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Will get off the trestle after the train has passed?
2. What kind of weather do the boys encounter on their camping trip?
3. Why does Grandpa say he is getting a horse for Love?
(a) To dote on her.
(b) To keep her happy.
(c) To change the farm.
(d) To distract her.
4. Where does Love come from?
(a) Washington, D.C.
5. What is the well-dressed visitor to Grandpa's house carrying?
(a) A cane.
(b) A saddle.
(c) A silver box.
(d) A necklace.
6. What is the name of Will's father?
7. What does Will do the first time he visits Grandpa's house after the funeral?
(d) Opens all the windows.
8. What does Will do the day he decides his mourning period is over?
(a) He goes to a party.
(b) He goes hunting.
(c) He buys a comic book.
(d) He goes fishing.
9. Who recently passed away when the book begins?
(b) Uncle Camp.
(d) Aunt Lotta.
10. What does Love tell Will to do if he hears people gossiping about her?
(a) Stand up for her.
(b) Stay out of it.
(c) Spread a new rumor.
(d) Tell the truth.
11. How did Will feel about being in mourning?
(a) He found it interesting.
(b) He loved it.
(c) He didn't mind it.
(d) He hated it.
12. Where does Grandpa keep all of the important family records?
(a) Granny's journal.
(b) His autobiography.
(c) The family Bible.
(d) The yearly annual.
13. What does Love do with the fancy visitor?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She threatens him.
(c) She hugs him.
(d) She kisses him.
14. What does Love say is the one thing she needed in the man she married?
15. What is the rumor about why Love did not marry her ex-fiancé?
(a) He beat her one night, and she left him.
(b) He joined the Union Army.
(c) He ran away with her mother.
(d) He got her best friend pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Love say she missed out on in life?
2. How does Loma feel about her father's engagement?
3. What offends Will when he gets to Grandpa's house for the first time after his marriage to Love?
4. How many live children does Grandpa Blakeslee have?
5. How does Will feel about his mother's response to his grandfather's engagement?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)