|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandpa offer to do for Love after talking with the fancy visitor?
(a) Ignore what just happened.
(b) Let her go with the man.
(c) Fight the man.
(d) Get an annulment.
2. Why can't the boys go hunting on their camping trip?
(a) Roundy forgot the gunpowder.
(b) The weather is too cold.
(c) Will forgot his rifle.
(d) The shells were left in the rain.
3. What does Will hear when he gets to his grandpa's house after his marriage?
(b) Wood saws.
(d) Piano music.
4. What musical instrument does Love play well?
5. What is Will's last name?
6. How many live children does Grandpa Blakeslee have?
7. Why is Will so special to Grandpa Blakeslee?
(a) He is the first grandson.
(b) He is the first grandchild who lived.
(c) He is the first redhead in the family.
(d) He is the most like himself.
8. To whom does Mary compare her father when she hears he has left to get married?
(d) Her mother.
9. What was Granny's name?
(a) Marcia Lynn.
(b) Marty Sue.
(c) Mary Ann.
(d) Mattie Lou.
10. What did Grandpa have Will help him do after the wake for Granny?
(a) Get some satin rolls from his store.
(b) Dig a hole under her roses.
(c) Weave roses into a blanket.
(d) Rip the buttons off of her wedding gown.
11. What is Will's grandpa's wagon used to do?
(a) Transfer slaves to the auctions.
(b) Haul loads of wood.
(c) Carry dead bodies.
(d) Deliver loads of cloth.
12. Where does Love come from?
(c) Washington, D.C.
13. What do some people give Will after he escapes the train?
14. What does Love tell Will to do if he hears people gossiping about her?
(a) Spread a new rumor.
(b) Stay out of it.
(c) Tell the truth.
(d) Stand up for her.
15. Why does Will not enjoy being in the spotlight after escaping the train?
(a) He is hurt.
(b) He thinks he will get in trouble.
(c) He feels embarrassed.
(d) He is too shaken up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandpa say made everything good about him?
2. What occupation does Will hope to hold when he gets older?
3. In what state does this book take place?
4. What did Loma do when her father refused to let her reach her desired profession?
5. Who offers Grandpa a horse?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)