|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Love say she married Grandpa?
(a) She was poor.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She promised Mattie she would.
(d) She wanted a family.
2. Who does Grandpa ask to go through his late wife's things?
(a) Mary and Loma.
(b) Love and Mary.
(c) Will and Love.
(d) Will and Hoyt.
3. What does Will spend the day after his train experience doing?
(a) Answering questions.
(d) Talking to Grandpa and Love.
4. How did Will feel about being in mourning?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He found it interesting.
(c) He didn't mind it.
(d) He loved it.
5. What did Granny say to Grandpa when she woke up for a time while she was sick?
(a) Water the plants.
(b) You need a haircut.
(c) Say your prayers.
(d) Clean your dishes.
6. What is Will's last name?
7. Who offers Grandpa a horse?
(a) Mr. McAllister.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His produce man.
8. What is the well-dressed visitor to Grandpa's house carrying?
(a) A saddle.
(b) A cane.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A silver box.
9. What did Will see his grandfather do when his grandmother was sick that he had never seen him do before?
10. How long was Grandpa Blakeslee supposed to be in mourning?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
11. What was Love's engagement present when she was previously engaged?
(a) A music box.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A piano.
(d) A saddle.
12. What kind of dangerous animals do the boys see on their camping trip?
(c) Black bears.
13. How did Granny feel about Love?
(a) She hated her.
(b) She loved her.
(c) She pitied her.
(d) She disapproved of her.
14. What is Will's dog's name?
15. How did Granny Blakeslee die?
(a) She had a heart attack.
(b) She had consumption.
(c) She had pneumonia.
(d) She had a stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Loma feel about her father's engagement?
2. Why does Will think his grandfather's engagement is a good thing?
3. What is Will's grandpa's wagon used to do?
4. What does Will do the day he decides his mourning period is over?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the boys who goes camping with Will?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)