|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offends Will when he gets to Grandpa's house for the first time after his marriage to Love?
(a) That Grandpa took down all of Granny's pictures.
(b) That Grandpa says nothing about Granny.
(c) That Love wants to change so much.
(d) That Love is cleaning everything so much.
2. What is the rumor about why Love did not marry her ex-fiancé?
(a) He joined the Union Army.
(b) He ran away with her mother.
(c) He got her best friend pregnant.
(d) He beat her one night, and she left him.
3. Which of the following was something Will was NOT told to refrain from during mourning?
(b) Reading the comics.
4. Why can't the boys go hunting on their camping trip?
(a) The weather is too cold.
(b) Will forgot his rifle.
(c) Roundy forgot the gunpowder.
(d) The shells were left in the rain.
5. What does Love say she missed out on in life?
6. What is Will's dog's name?
7. Why does Will not enjoy being in the spotlight after escaping the train?
(a) He feels embarrassed.
(b) He is too shaken up.
(c) He thinks he will get in trouble.
(d) He is hurt.
8. Who recently passed away when the book begins?
(a) Aunt Lotta.
(c) Uncle Camp.
9. In what state does this book take place?
(c) North Carolina.
10. Where does the fancy visitor go after Grandpa comes back home?
(a) To the store.
(b) To the mill town.
(c) To the depot.
(d) To Mary's house.
11. What does Grandpa offer to do for Love after talking with the fancy visitor?
(a) Get an annulment.
(b) Ignore what just happened.
(c) Let her go with the man.
(d) Fight the man.
12. What occupation does Will hope to hold when he gets older?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A store owner.
(c) A banker.
(d) A teacher.
13. What does Will forget to do the day after his train experience?
(a) Go berry picking with Lightfoot.
(b) Study for a test.
(c) Write in his journal.
(d) Go to church with his mother.
14. Who offers Grandpa a horse?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His produce man.
(c) His nephew.
(d) Mr. McAllister.
15. What does Will decide to do the day after he escapes the train on the trestle?
(a) Work a shift in the store.
(b) Help his mother with some baking.
(c) Work in his granny's garden.
(d) Go berry picking with Lightfoot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandpa eat with Will when he gets back from his wedding?
2. In what year does this book begin?
3. What kind of weather do the boys encounter on their camping trip?
4. Where does Grandpa Blakeslee get married?
5. How long has a special person to Will been dead when the book begins?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)