|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby find in the trap she set in the cornfield?
2. Where do Ruby and Ada spend the night as they set out to find Stobrod and Pangle?
3. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
4. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
5. What does Inman read to Ada while she makes dinner after his arrival?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ruby dislike Stobrod? Does Ruby have good reason to dislike her father? What does Ruby blame her father for? Was Stobrod ever abusive toward Ruby? Did Stobrod neglect his daughter? If so, why? Why does Ruby refuse to allow Stobrod around? Is this a punishment of sort? How does Ruby feel when Stobrod is shot? Does this change Ruby's relationship with her father? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss morality. Veasey is a preacher, but he appears to have no morals when it comes to sex and women. Why does Veasey begin a relationship with Laura when he is engaged to another woman? Why does Veasey want to kill Laura? Why does Inman not allow this murder? Why does Veasey later get into a fight with a prostitute over money? What do these actions say about Veasey's morals?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Home Guard. What is the purpose of the Home Guard? Is Inman afraid of the Home Guard? Should Inman be afraid of the Home Guard? Why does Junior sell Inman to the Home Guard? What has Inman done to attract the attention of the Home Guard? What did Veasey do to deserve to be arrested by the Home Guard? Did the Home Guard have the right to shot their prisoners, including Veasey? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,522 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)