Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby do with the trapped animal from the cornfield?
2. Why does Sara ask Inman to share her bed?
3. Why does Inman decide to attack the approaching group of men?
4. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
5. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Stobrod and Pangle?
Discuss the Civil War. Why did the author chose to set his novel against the backdrop of the Civil War? How did the war affect the people of the United States during the fighting? How did the fighting affect the soldiers? How is this reflected in the character of Inman? How is it reflected in Ada? In Ruby?
Who is Inman? Why is Inman in the hospital? What has Inman done to be there? What war is Inman fighting? What side of the war is Inman fighting for? Why? Does Inman believe in the war? Why or why not? Why did Inman enlist? Why does Inman leave the hospital? Is Inman allowed to leave the hospital? What does Inman hope to find at the end of his travels?
Homecoming is a theme of the novel. Why does Inman want to return home? What is he hoping to come home to? How does Inman see the rest of his life playing out? Why does Inman decide to return home early from the war even though he will be considered a deserter? What does Inman's actions say about his emotional health? What do Inman's actions say about his feelings regarding the war?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)