|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby do with the trapped animal from the cornfield?
2. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
3. What is taken from Sara's home during the visit by the men who come to Sara's while Inman is still asleep in her bed?
4. What do Ruby and Ada find when they arrive at Stobrod's camp?
5. What does Inman offer to do for a grief stricken mother in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Ada? Where has Ada come from? What kind of education does Ada have? Why? Is Ada's education typical of women who live in Cold Mountain? Why does Ada live in Cold Mountain? Why does Ada refuse to leave Cold Mountain when her father dies? How does Ada care for herself? Why does Ada not know how to cook?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Home Guard. What is the purpose of the Home Guard? Is Inman afraid of the Home Guard? Should Inman be afraid of the Home Guard? Why does Junior sell Inman to the Home Guard? What has Inman done to attract the attention of the Home Guard? What did Veasey do to deserve to be arrested by the Home Guard? Did the Home Guard have the right to shot their prisoners, including Veasey? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What lesson is Inman repeatedly told to learn? Why? Why do people ask this of Inman? What do they hope he will learn from this lesson? Does Inman learn this lesson? What does this lesson teach Inman?
This section contains 1,500 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)