Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby do with the trapped animal from the cornfield?
2. Why does Sara ask Inman to share her bed?
3. Why does Inman decide to attack the approaching group of men?
4. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
5. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Stobrod and Pangle?
Discuss morality. Why does Inman leave the military hospital without permission? Is this against the law? How does this reflect Inman's belief in the war? Should a soldier be forced to fight a war he does not believe in? Why or why not? Should Inman be forced to go back to the war? Should Inman be killed for deserting? Why or why not?
What was Ada's relationship with her father like? How is it different from Ruby's relationship with her own father? How is it similar? Did Ada's relationship with her father affect her personality? If so, how? Was Ada's relationship with her father harmful? In what way? How could Ada's life have been different if her father had been different?
Discuss the Trail of Tears. What was the Trail of Tears? How does the Trail of Tears compare to the actions of the Home Guard? How did the Trail of Tears affect the Indians? How did it affect Inman and other character's sympathetic to the Indians? Why does the author mention the Trail of Tears repeatedly in this novel?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)