Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby do with the trapped animal from the cornfield?
2. Why does Sara ask Inman to share her bed?
3. Why does Inman decide to attack the approaching group of men?
4. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
5. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Stobrod and Pangle?
Essay Topic 1
What was Ada's relationship with her father like? How is it different from Ruby's relationship with her own father? How is it similar? Did Ada's relationship with her father affect her personality? If so, how? Was Ada's relationship with her father harmful? In what way? How could Ada's life have been different if her father had been different?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss slavery. What is slavery? Was the Civil War about slavery? In what way? How is slavery represented in this novel? What do the main characters think of slavery? Did any of them own slaves? How did slavery affect their lives? How did the war affect their lives? How do the two things compare as far as their impact on the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss morality. Veasey is a preacher, but he appears to have no morals when it comes to sex and women. Why does Veasey begin a relationship with Laura when he is engaged to another woman? Why does Veasey want to kill Laura? Why does Inman not allow this murder? Why does Veasey later get into a fight with a prostitute over money? What do these actions say about Veasey's morals?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)