|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ruby and Ada spend the night as they set out to find Stobrod and Pangle?
2. What do most Christians consider the fiddle, refer to it as?
3. What does Inman hope Ada's reaction will be when she sees him?
4. What decision does Inman make about his outlier status?
5. Where do Ada and Ruby go for the night as snow begins to threaten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stobrod tell Ruby and Ada to attempt to prove that he has changed?
2. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Pangle and Stobrod? How did this witness survive?
3. Who or what does Ruby catch in her trap in the cornfield?
4. Who once lived in the village that Ruby and Ada have brought Stobrod to?
5. What does Inman do in exchange for a hot meal from a grief stricken mother?
6. What does Stobrod finally confess he wants from Ruby?
7. Who helps Inman with his injuries?
8. Why are things awkward between Inman and Ada at first? How does this begin to change?
9. Who attacks Sara's home while Inman is there?
10. Who do Ruby, Ada, Stobrod, and Inman run into on their way to Black Cove?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Ada's relationship with her father like? How is it different from Ruby's relationship with her own father? How is it similar? Did Ada's relationship with her father affect her personality? If so, how? Was Ada's relationship with her father harmful? In what way? How could Ada's life have been different if her father had been different?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Ruby? What kind of education does Ruby have? Where does Ruby come from? How are Ruby and Ada similar? How are they different? Why does Ruby come to live at Black Cove? What does Ruby want to do there? What does Ruby do there? How does Ruby impact Ada's life? Is this for the better? How?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss morality. Why does Inman leave the military hospital without permission? Is this against the law? How does this reflect Inman's belief in the war? Should a soldier be forced to fight a war he does not believe in? Why or why not? Should Inman be forced to go back to the war? Should Inman be killed for deserting? Why or why not?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)