|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the mother bear that is attempting to protect her cub from Inman?
(a) Inman is forced to kill her.
(b) She charges him and falls from a cliff.
(c) She simply walks away, leaving her cub behind.
(d) She is killed by a passing Indian.
2. What does Inman discover as he stops to fill a canteen in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
(a) An abandoned wagon train.
(b) An Indian cairn.
(c) Two skeletons being ravaged by a bear.
(d) Three skeletons hanging from a tree.
3. What wish does Inman make when he lies down to sleep in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
(a) To be alive when the sun rises.
(b) To see Ada before he dies.
(c) For a larger moon.
(d) A quick end to his journey.
4. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) A map given to him by the yellow slave.
(b) A map given to him by Lila.
(c) A map given to him by Veasey.
(d) A map given to him by the Federals.
5. What is the first thing Inman does when he finally finds Ada?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ada and Inman discuss after sharing their feelings for one another?
2. Who do Inman and his riding companion run into as they attempt to navigate the forest after leaving the abandoned village?
3. How did this person come to compose his own music?
4. What reason does Stobrod give for wanting to live at Black Cove?
5. What causes one of these men to believe Stobrod and Pangle are holy men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Ruby, Ada, Stobrod, and Inman run into on their way to Black Cove?
2. Who visits Black Cove while Ruby is in town trading apple cider for beef?
3. What decision does Inman make the following morning about his future?
4. What does Stobrod finally confess he wants from Ruby?
5. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Pangle and Stobrod? How did this witness survive?
6. Who comes across Stobrod and Pangle, asking them questions before lining them up in front of a tree and shooting them?
7. What do Ada and Ruby find when they come to Stobrod's camp?
8. Why are things awkward between Inman and Ada at first? How does this begin to change?
9. What does Inman do in exchange for a hot meal from a grief stricken mother?
10. Who or what does Ruby catch in her trap in the cornfield?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)