|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Inman begun to fast as he reaches Cold Mountain?
(a) So he can cross the portal at Shining Rock if Ada refuses him.
(b) So he will die quickly if Ada refuses him.
(c) So he can enjoy a huge feast when he finds Ada.
(d) So he will be skinny and handsome for Ada.
2. What do Ruby and Ada allow the messenger to do as they leave?
(a) To sleep in the house until they return.
(b) To take a few chickens when he leaves.
(c) To take their horse to escape the area.
(d) To sleep in the hayloft until dark.
3. What instrument does Ada and Ruby's guest play?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A banjo.
(c) A set of drums.
(d) A fiddle.
4. What does Inman hope Ada's reaction will be when she sees him?
(a) Inman hopes Ada will welcome him with open arms.
(b) Inman hopes Ada will joke with him.
(c) Inman hopes Ada will have a fresh meal waiting.
(d) Inman hopes Ada will have a great many stories to tell him.
5. What reason does Stobrod give for wanting to live at Black Cove?
(a) He wants to make amends to his daughter for her poor childhood.
(b) The new leader of the outliers, the deserters, wants them to rob rich slave owners.
(c) The Home Guard will never think he is a deserter if he lives on a farm in the open.
(d) The new leader of the deserters wants him to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rides up and begins asking Strobrod and Pangle questions?
2. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
3. What is taken from Sara's home during the visit by the men who come to Sara's while Inman is still asleep in her bed?
4. What happens to the men who steal from Sara's home?
5. Why does Sara agree to launder and mend Inman's clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Pangle and Stobrod? How did this witness survive?
2. Who helps Inman with his injuries?
3. Who do Ruby, Ada, Stobrod, and Inman run into on their way to Black Cove?
4. Who comes across Stobrod and Pangle, asking them questions before lining them up in front of a tree and shooting them?
5. Who visits Black Cove while Ruby is in town trading apple cider for beef?
6. What does Stobrod tell Ruby and Ada to attempt to prove that he has changed?
7. What animal does Inman dream about and later feel responsible for killing?
8. What do Ada and Ruby find when they come to Stobrod's camp?
9. What decision does Inman make the following morning about his future?
10. Who attacks Sara's home while Inman is there?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)