|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sara ask Inman to share her bed?
(a) Sara finds Inman attractive.
(b) Sara is a prostitute in need of money.
(c) Sara misses her husband and needs to feel some human connection.
(d) Sara has no other place for Inman to sleep.
2. How many people were originally in the grief stricken mother's family that Inman meets in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
3. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
(a) The large amount of fruit they have been eating.
(b) Cherries they stole from a local orchard.
(c) Some spoiled vegetables Ruby gave them.
(d) A dead doe they ate.
4. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) A map given to him by the yellow slave.
(b) A map given to him by the Federals.
(c) A map given to him by Veasey.
(d) A map given to him by Lila.
5. Who rides up and begins asking Strobrod and Pangle questions?
(a) A Confederate scout.
(b) Some Federals.
(c) An Indian scout.
(d) The Home Guard led by Teague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Ada and Ruby for supper as they enjoy what will most likely be their final dinner outside that fall?
2. What does Inman do to his companion's horse upon meeting up with another group of men?
3. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Stobrod and Pangle?
4. What is the first thing Inman does when he finally finds Ada?
5. Who does Inman meet as he comes to the end of his map in the chapter, The Doing of It?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who or what does Ruby catch in her trap in the cornfield?
2. Who once lived in the village that Ruby and Ada have brought Stobrod to?
3. Who attacks Sara's home while Inman is there?
4. Why are things awkward between Inman and Ada at first? How does this begin to change?
5. What animal does Inman dream about and later feel responsible for killing?
6. How does Ada react when she first sees Inman? Does Ada react as Inman imagined she would?
7. Who helps Inman with his injuries?
8. What decision does Inman make the following morning about his future?
9. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Pangle and Stobrod? How did this witness survive?
10. Who do Ruby, Ada, Stobrod, and Inman run into on their way to Black Cove?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)