|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sara agree to launder and mend Inman's clothes?
(a) In payment for him slaughtering her hog.
(b) In payment for repairs he agrees to do to her cabin.
(c) In payment for food Inman gives her.
(d) In payment for farm work Inman agrees to do.
2. How do Ruby and Ada dress as they set out to find and bury the bodies of Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) In party gowns to possibly confuse the killers.
(b) In Stobrod's clothing.
(c) In military uniforms.
(d) In the clothes of Ada's father.
3. Why does Sara ask Inman to share her bed?
(a) Sara finds Inman attractive.
(b) Sara misses her husband and needs to feel some human connection.
(c) Sara is a prostitute in need of money.
(d) Sara has no other place for Inman to sleep.
4. What memory of Ada does Inman share with Ada while they are alone in Ada's cabin?
(a) The Christmas party where she sat in his lap.
(b) The afternoon they strolled by the river.
(c) The day she apologized for ridiculing his stories.
(d) The first time he saw her in church.
5. What do Ruby and Ada allow the messenger to do as they leave?
(a) To take their horse to escape the area.
(b) To take a few chickens when he leaves.
(c) To sleep in the hayloft until dark.
(d) To sleep in the house until they return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Inman does when he finally finds Ada?
2. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Stobrod and Pangle?
3. What does Ruby do with the trapped animal from the cornfield?
4. What does Inman discover as he stops to fill a canteen in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
5. What is taken from Sara's home during the visit by the men who come to Sara's while Inman is still asleep in her bed?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)