|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) A map given to him by the yellow slave.
(b) A map given to him by Veasey.
(c) A map given to him by the Federals.
(d) A map given to him by Lila.
2. How many people were originally in the grief stricken mother's family that Inman meets in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
3. What reason does Stobrod give for wanting to live at Black Cove?
(a) The new leader of the outliers, the deserters, wants them to rob rich slave owners.
(b) He wants to make amends to his daughter for her poor childhood.
(c) The Home Guard will never think he is a deserter if he lives on a farm in the open.
(d) The new leader of the deserters wants him to leave.
4. With whom does Inman leave the camp?
(b) Ada and Ruby.
(d) Ruby and Stobrod.
5. Who rides up and begins asking Strobrod and Pangle questions?
(a) Some Federals.
(b) An Indian scout.
(c) A Confederate scout.
(d) The Home Guard led by Teague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ruby and Ada allow the messenger to do as they leave?
2. What do Ada and Inman discuss after sharing their feelings for one another?
3. What does Ruby send Ada out to get when Stobrod wakes them with his coughing in the middle of the night?
4. In the chapter, A Satisfied Mind, what does Ruby take into town to trade for beef?
5. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who helps Inman with his injuries?
2. What does Inman learn about his new companion that leads him to a conclusion about his own future?
3. How does Ada react when she first sees Inman? Does Ada react as Inman imagined she would?
4. What does Inman do in exchange for a hot meal from a grief stricken mother?
5. Who comes across Stobrod and Pangle, asking them questions before lining them up in front of a tree and shooting them?
6. Who do Ruby, Ada, Stobrod, and Inman run into on their way to Black Cove?
7. What has caused an illness in Stobrod and his companions?
8. Who or what does Ruby catch in her trap in the cornfield?
9. Why are things awkward between Inman and Ada at first? How does this begin to change?
10. What do Ada and Ruby find when they come to Stobrod's camp?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)