|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inman discover as he stops to fill a canteen in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
(a) An abandoned wagon train.
(b) An Indian cairn.
(c) Three skeletons hanging from a tree.
(d) Two skeletons being ravaged by a bear.
2. How did this person come to compose his own music?
(a) He was inspired by the death and destruction he witnessed in the war.
(b) He was inspired by a dying girl he was paid to perform for.
(c) He was inspired by the death of the woman he loved.
(d) He was inspired by his daughter.
3. Who is Sara, a woman Inman meets in the chapter, Bride Bed Full of Blood?
(a) An old girlfriend of Veasey's.
(b) A war widow.
(c) The defiled companion of a preacher.
(d) A hermit woman.
4. What instrument does Ada and Ruby's guest play?
(a) A banjo.
(b) A fiddle.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A set of drums.
5. With whom does Inman leave the camp?
(a) Ruby and Stobrod.
(d) Ada and Ruby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Inman meet as he comes to the end of his map in the chapter, The Doing of It?
2. What does Inman offer to do for a grief stricken mother in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
3. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
4. What does Ruby find in the trap she set in the cornfield?
5. Who comes to Sara's house the next morning after she and Inman share a bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visits Black Cove while Ruby is in town trading apple cider for beef?
2. What has caused an illness in Stobrod and his companions?
3. What decision does Inman make the following morning about his future?
4. What animal does Inman dream about and later feel responsible for killing?
5. What does Inman find when he finally reaches Black Cove?
6. Who do Ruby, Ada, Stobrod, and Inman run into on their way to Black Cove?
7. Who helps Inman with his injuries?
8. Who attacks Sara's home while Inman is there?
9. What does Stobrod tell Ruby and Ada to attempt to prove that he has changed?
10. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Pangle and Stobrod? How did this witness survive?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)