|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Inman make about his outlier status?
(a) Inman decides to return to the hospital from which he escaped.
(b) Inman decides to go to the Federals and pledge allegiance to the Union.
(c) Inman decides to return to active duty.
(d) Inman decides to continue to hide until the war is over.
2. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
(a) He orders that they be allowed to go free.
(b) He orders them hung.
(c) He orders them arrested.
(d) He orders them shot.
3. Why does Inman decide to attack the approaching group of men?
(a) Inman feels he has no choice, there is no reasoning or hiding from these men.
(b) Inman has seen Ada, so now he is ready to die.
(c) Inman wants to surrender, but not to these men who will surely kill him and his companion.
(d) Inman is tired of running.
4. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
5. Who comes to Sara's house the next morning after she and Inman share a bed?
(a) Several injured Confederates.
(b) The local law.
(c) The local Home Guard.
(d) Three Federals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Ada and Ruby for supper as they enjoy what will most likely be their final dinner outside that fall?
2. What do Ruby and Ada allow the messenger to do as they leave?
3. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
4. What reason does Stobrod give for wanting to live at Black Cove?
5. What does Ruby instruct Ada to do while she is in town trading for beef?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stobrod finally confess he wants from Ruby?
2. What does Inman learn about his new companion that leads him to a conclusion about his own future?
3. Who once lived in the village that Ruby and Ada have brought Stobrod to?
4. Who comes across Stobrod and Pangle, asking them questions before lining them up in front of a tree and shooting them?
5. Who visits Black Cove while Ruby is in town trading apple cider for beef?
6. What do Ada and Ruby find when they come to Stobrod's camp?
7. What animal does Inman dream about and later feel responsible for killing?
8. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Pangle and Stobrod? How did this witness survive?
9. How does Ada react when she first sees Inman? Does Ada react as Inman imagined she would?
10. Who helps Inman with his injuries?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)