|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did this person come to compose his own music?
(a) He was inspired by the death and destruction he witnessed in the war.
(b) He was inspired by the death of the woman he loved.
(c) He was inspired by a dying girl he was paid to perform for.
(d) He was inspired by his daughter.
2. What reason does Stobrod give for wanting to live at Black Cove?
(a) He wants to make amends to his daughter for her poor childhood.
(b) The new leader of the outliers, the deserters, wants them to rob rich slave owners.
(c) The Home Guard will never think he is a deserter if he lives on a farm in the open.
(d) The new leader of the deserters wants him to leave.
3. What decision does Inman make about his outlier status?
(a) Inman decides to return to the hospital from which he escaped.
(b) Inman decides to go to the Federals and pledge allegiance to the Union.
(c) Inman decides to continue to hide until the war is over.
(d) Inman decides to return to active duty.
4. Who does Inman meet as he comes to the end of his map in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) A dedicated preacher.
(b) A band of gypsies.
(c) An old hermit woman.
(d) A war bride.
5. What does Ada tell Inman about her relationship with Ruby?
(a) That Ruby is her child.
(b) That Ruby is her illegitimate sister.
(c) That Ruby is not a servant and will not take orders.
(d) That Ruby has become her lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
2. How does Inman attempt to find Ada?
3. What do most Christians consider the fiddle, refer to it as?
4. Who comes to visit while Ada is at Black Cove alone in the chapter, A Satisfied Mind?
5. What wish does Inman make when he lies down to sleep in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)