|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sara ask Inman to share her bed?
(a) Sara misses her husband and needs to feel some human connection.
(b) Sara is a prostitute in need of money.
(c) Sara finds Inman attractive.
(d) Sara has no other place for Inman to sleep.
2. What do these men want to know about?
(a) Where Inman might be.
(b) Where the nearest town is.
(c) What unit Stobrod and Pangle are with.
(d) The band of outliers robbing rich slavers.
3. How did this person get his nickname?
(a) He was nearly beaten to death with a short, straight piece of wood.
(b) He once broke an expensive vase.
(c) He was married to a woman named Inna.
(d) He was expected to have been a girl.
4. What decision does Inman make about his outlier status?
(a) Inman decides to go to the Federals and pledge allegiance to the Union.
(b) Inman decides to continue to hide until the war is over.
(c) Inman decides to return to active duty.
(d) Inman decides to return to the hospital from which he escaped.
5. What does Inman hope Ada's reaction will be when she sees him?
(a) Inman hopes Ada will have a great many stories to tell him.
(b) Inman hopes Ada will have a fresh meal waiting.
(c) Inman hopes Ada will joke with him.
(d) Inman hopes Ada will welcome him with open arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
2. How do Ruby and Ada dress as they set out to find and bury the bodies of Stobrod and Pangle?
3. What do Ruby and Ada allow the messenger to do as they leave?
4. Who is Pangle?
5. Where do Ada and Ruby go for the night as snow begins to threaten?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who helps Inman with his injuries?
2. Who attacks Sara's home while Inman is there?
3. Who once lived in the village that Ruby and Ada have brought Stobrod to?
4. What does Stobrod finally confess he wants from Ruby?
5. Who visits Black Cove while Ruby is in town trading apple cider for beef?
6. How does Inman end up at the home of a war widow?
7. What does Inman find when he finally reaches Black Cove?
8. What animal does Inman dream about and later feel responsible for killing?
9. Who or what does Ruby catch in her trap in the cornfield?
10. Why are things awkward between Inman and Ada at first? How does this begin to change?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)