|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wish does Inman make when he lies down to sleep in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
(a) To be alive when the sun rises.
(b) To see Ada before he dies.
(c) A quick end to his journey.
(d) For a larger moon.
2. With whom does Inman leave the camp?
(b) Ada and Ruby.
(c) Ruby and Stobrod.
3. What do Ruby and Ada allow the messenger to do as they leave?
(a) To take a few chickens when he leaves.
(b) To sleep in the house until they return.
(c) To sleep in the hayloft until dark.
(d) To take their horse to escape the area.
4. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
(a) The large amount of fruit they have been eating.
(b) A dead doe they ate.
(c) Some spoiled vegetables Ruby gave them.
(d) Cherries they stole from a local orchard.
5. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) The boy from Tennessee.
(b) One of the men who shot them.
(c) One of the outliers.
(d) The Georgia boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby send Ada out to get when Stobrod wakes them with his coughing in the middle of the night?
2. What does Inman read to Ada while she makes dinner after his arrival?
3. What do Ruby and Ada find when they arrive at Stobrod's camp?
4. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
5. What does Inman hope Ada's reaction will be when she sees him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ada and Ruby find when they come to Stobrod's camp?
2. Who visits Black Cove while Ruby is in town trading apple cider for beef?
3. What does Stobrod finally confess he wants from Ruby?
4. Who once lived in the village that Ruby and Ada have brought Stobrod to?
5. Who helps Inman with his injuries?
6. What does Stobrod tell Ruby and Ada to attempt to prove that he has changed?
7. What has caused an illness in Stobrod and his companions?
8. What animal does Inman dream about and later feel responsible for killing?
9. What decision does Inman make the following morning about his future?
10. Who or what does Ruby catch in her trap in the cornfield?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)