|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the men who steal from Sara's home?
(a) They have an accident on their starved horses.
(b) Inman kills them and retrieves Sara's belongings.
(c) They run into a band of Indians who scalp them.
(d) Sara shoots them with her husband's riffle.
2. Why does Sara ask Inman to share her bed?
(a) Sara finds Inman attractive.
(b) Sara is a prostitute in need of money.
(c) Sara misses her husband and needs to feel some human connection.
(d) Sara has no other place for Inman to sleep.
3. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) A map given to him by the Federals.
(b) A map given to him by Lila.
(c) A map given to him by Veasey.
(d) A map given to him by the yellow slave.
4. What does Inman do to his companion's horse upon meeting up with another group of men?
(a) Inman forces Ruby's horse to gallop toward the approaching men.
(b) Inman forces Stobrod's horse to gallop away.
(c) Inman forces Ruby's horse to gallop in the opposite direction.
(d) Inman forces Ada's horse to stop.
5. What does Ruby find in the trap she set in the cornfield?
(a) Her father.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A Federal.
(d) A squirrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes one of these men to believe Stobrod and Pangle are holy men?
2. What do these men want to know about?
3. What do most Christians consider the fiddle, refer to it as?
4. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
5. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Stobrod and Pangle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ada and Ruby find when they come to Stobrod's camp?
2. What does Inman find when he finally reaches Black Cove?
3. Who helps Inman with his injuries?
4. What animal does Inman dream about and later feel responsible for killing?
5. Who visits Black Cove while Ruby is in town trading apple cider for beef?
6. What decision does Inman make the following morning about his future?
7. Why are things awkward between Inman and Ada at first? How does this begin to change?
8. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Pangle and Stobrod? How did this witness survive?
9. Who do Ruby, Ada, Stobrod, and Inman run into on their way to Black Cove?
10. What does Stobrod finally confess he wants from Ruby?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)