|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inman find when he eventually reaches Black Cove?
(a) Veasey has reached it first.
(b) An abandoned farm.
(c) The Georgia boy there alone.
2. What does Inman do to his companion's horse upon meeting up with another group of men?
(a) Inman forces Ada's horse to stop.
(b) Inman forces Ruby's horse to gallop in the opposite direction.
(c) Inman forces Ruby's horse to gallop toward the approaching men.
(d) Inman forces Stobrod's horse to gallop away.
3. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) The boy from Tennessee.
(b) One of the men who shot them.
(c) The Georgia boy.
(d) One of the outliers.
4. How do Ruby and Ada dress as they set out to find and bury the bodies of Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) In the clothes of Ada's father.
(b) In military uniforms.
(c) In Stobrod's clothing.
(d) In party gowns to possibly confuse the killers.
5. How does Ruby react to Inman's eventual arrival?
(a) Ruby falls deeply in love and begins to flirt with Inman.
(b) Ruby is indifferent, except for a concern over the amount of food they must share with him.
(c) Ruby insists Ada does not need a man.
(d) Ruby is darkly jealous and refuses to allow him into their camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman read to Ada while she makes dinner after his arrival?
2. What does Inman dream about in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
3. What does Ruby instruct Ada to do while she is in town trading for beef?
4. What does Ada hear that causes her to return to Inman?
5. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who or what does Ruby catch in her trap in the cornfield?
2. How does Inman end up at the home of a war widow?
3. What do Ada and Ruby find when they come to Stobrod's camp?
4. Who comes across Stobrod and Pangle, asking them questions before lining them up in front of a tree and shooting them?
5. How does Ada react when she first sees Inman? Does Ada react as Inman imagined she would?
6. What does Inman do in exchange for a hot meal from a grief stricken mother?
7. What does Inman find when he finally reaches Black Cove?
8. What does Stobrod finally confess he wants from Ruby?
9. What decision does Inman make the following morning about his future?
10. Who once lived in the village that Ruby and Ada have brought Stobrod to?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)