|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
(a) Cherries they stole from a local orchard.
(b) The large amount of fruit they have been eating.
(c) A dead doe they ate.
(d) Some spoiled vegetables Ruby gave them.
2. Where do Ada and Ruby go for the night as snow begins to threaten?
(a) To a village abandoned by the Trail of Tears.
(b) To an abandoned barn.
(c) To an abandoned Indian cave.
(d) To the same shelter they used the night before.
3. What does Ruby find in the trap she set in the cornfield?
(a) A Federal.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) Her father.
(d) A squirrel.
4. Where do Ruby and Ada spend the night as they set out to find Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) In an old Indian village.
(b) In a shelter Ruby knew as a child.
(c) At the home of a friend of Monroe's.
(d) In an abandoned barn.
5. Why does Sara agree to launder and mend Inman's clothes?
(a) In payment for farm work Inman agrees to do.
(b) In payment for repairs he agrees to do to her cabin.
(c) In payment for food Inman gives her.
(d) In payment for him slaughtering her hog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ada tell Inman about her relationship with Ruby?
2. What causes one of these men to believe Stobrod and Pangle are holy men?
3. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
4. Why has Inman begun to fast as he reaches Cold Mountain?
5. What is the first thing Inman does when he finally finds Ada?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Inman end up at the home of a war widow?
2. Who do Ruby, Ada, Stobrod, and Inman run into on their way to Black Cove?
3. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Pangle and Stobrod? How did this witness survive?
4. Who helps Inman with his injuries?
5. What does Inman learn about his new companion that leads him to a conclusion about his own future?
6. Who attacks Sara's home while Inman is there?
7. What decision does Inman make the following morning about his future?
8. How does Ada react when she first sees Inman? Does Ada react as Inman imagined she would?
9. What does Inman find when he finally reaches Black Cove?
10. Who once lived in the village that Ruby and Ada have brought Stobrod to?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)