|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter, A Satisfied Mind, what does Ruby take into town to trade for beef?
(a) Freshly made apple cider.
(c) Waldo, the cow.
(d) Ralph, the horse.
2. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) The boy from Tennessee.
(b) One of the outliers.
(c) The Georgia boy.
(d) One of the men who shot them.
3. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
(a) Some spoiled vegetables Ruby gave them.
(b) Cherries they stole from a local orchard.
(c) The large amount of fruit they have been eating.
(d) A dead doe they ate.
4. With whom does Inman leave the camp?
(a) Ada and Ruby.
(c) Ruby and Stobrod.
5. What does Ruby do with the trapped animal from the cornfield?
(a) Gives him supplies and directions.
(b) Lets him go.
(c) Feeds him to the cows.
(d) Feeds him breakfast and threatens to shoot him if he steals from her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Inman and his riding companion run into as they attempt to navigate the forest after leaving the abandoned village?
2. What is taken from Sara's home during the visit by the men who come to Sara's while Inman is still asleep in her bed?
3. What is the first thing Inman does when he finally finds Ada?
4. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
5. How do Ruby and Ada dress as they set out to find and bury the bodies of Stobrod and Pangle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Inman make the following morning about his future?
2. How does Ada react when she first sees Inman? Does Ada react as Inman imagined she would?
3. What does Inman learn about his new companion that leads him to a conclusion about his own future?
4. Who do Ruby, Ada, Stobrod, and Inman run into on their way to Black Cove?
5. What does Inman do in exchange for a hot meal from a grief stricken mother?
6. Who comes across Stobrod and Pangle, asking them questions before lining them up in front of a tree and shooting them?
7. Why are things awkward between Inman and Ada at first? How does this begin to change?
8. What has caused an illness in Stobrod and his companions?
9. How does Inman end up at the home of a war widow?
10. Who attacks Sara's home while Inman is there?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)