|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were originally in the grief stricken mother's family that Inman meets in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
2. Why does Sara ask Inman to share her bed?
(a) Sara is a prostitute in need of money.
(b) Sara has no other place for Inman to sleep.
(c) Sara finds Inman attractive.
(d) Sara misses her husband and needs to feel some human connection.
3. What causes one of these men to believe Stobrod and Pangle are holy men?
(a) Their Bibles.
(b) Their speeches.
(c) Their clothing.
(d) Their music.
4. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
(a) He orders them shot.
(b) He orders that they be allowed to go free.
(c) He orders them arrested.
(d) He orders them hung.
5. Who is Pangle?
(a) A gentle, child-like man and companion to Stobrod.
(b) A new cow Ruby brings home.
(c) Ruby's brother.
(d) Ada's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ruby and Ada dress as they set out to find and bury the bodies of Stobrod and Pangle?
2. Why has Inman begun to fast as he reaches Cold Mountain?
3. What do most Christians consider the fiddle, refer to it as?
4. What does Ada tell Inman about her relationship with Ruby?
5. What happens to the men who steal from Sara's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Pangle and Stobrod? How did this witness survive?
2. What does Inman find when he finally reaches Black Cove?
3. What has caused an illness in Stobrod and his companions?
4. Who helps Inman with his injuries?
5. How does Ada react when she first sees Inman? Does Ada react as Inman imagined she would?
6. What does Inman do in exchange for a hot meal from a grief stricken mother?
7. How does Inman end up at the home of a war widow?
8. What does Inman learn about his new companion that leads him to a conclusion about his own future?
9. Who comes across Stobrod and Pangle, asking them questions before lining them up in front of a tree and shooting them?
10. Who or what does Ruby catch in her trap in the cornfield?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)