|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise attracts Inman to Ada and Ruby's camp?
(a) Ruby's yelling.
(b) Ada's screams.
(c) Ada's shotgun shots.
(d) Ruby's riffle.
2. What does Ada hear that causes her to return to Inman?
(a) Inman's voice yelling for help.
(b) The distinctive sound of Inman's gun.
(c) Stobrod's voice yelling for help.
(d) A gun shot.
3. How does Ruby react to Inman's eventual arrival?
(a) Ruby falls deeply in love and begins to flirt with Inman.
(b) Ruby is darkly jealous and refuses to allow him into their camp.
(c) Ruby insists Ada does not need a man.
(d) Ruby is indifferent, except for a concern over the amount of food they must share with him.
4. What causes one of these men to believe Stobrod and Pangle are holy men?
(a) Their clothing.
(b) Their music.
(c) Their speeches.
(d) Their Bibles.
5. What does Inman do to his companion's horse upon meeting up with another group of men?
(a) Inman forces Ruby's horse to gallop in the opposite direction.
(b) Inman forces Ada's horse to stop.
(c) Inman forces Stobrod's horse to gallop away.
(d) Inman forces Ruby's horse to gallop toward the approaching men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman hope Ada's reaction will be when she sees him?
2. What does Inman dream about in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
3. What does Ruby do with the trapped animal from the cornfield?
4. What do these men want to know about?
5. What happens to the men who steal from Sara's home?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)