|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) One of the men who shot them.
(b) The boy from Tennessee.
(c) The Georgia boy.
(d) One of the outliers.
2. Why does Inman decide to attack the approaching group of men?
(a) Inman is tired of running.
(b) Inman feels he has no choice, there is no reasoning or hiding from these men.
(c) Inman has seen Ada, so now he is ready to die.
(d) Inman wants to surrender, but not to these men who will surely kill him and his companion.
3. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
4. What does Inman discover as he stops to fill a canteen in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
(a) Three skeletons hanging from a tree.
(b) An abandoned wagon train.
(c) An Indian cairn.
(d) Two skeletons being ravaged by a bear.
5. Why does Inman's progress begin to slow in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) Inman has begun to starve to death and the malnutrition is making him so sick he cannot walk very well.
(b) Inman is injured, both from a wound to the head and the wound in his neck from the war battle.
(c) Inman has contracted an illness in his chest, is running a fever, and is delirious.
(d) Inman is beginning to doubt his decision to walk away from his committment to the army and is considering returning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sara, a woman Inman meets in the chapter, Bride Bed Full of Blood?
2. Why does Sara agree to launder and mend Inman's clothes?
3. What reason does Stobrod give for wanting to live at Black Cove?
4. What does Ruby instruct Ada to do while she is in town trading for beef?
5. What does Inman do to his companion's horse upon meeting up with another group of men?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)