|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Inman does when he finally finds Ada?
2. What do most Christians consider the fiddle, refer to it as?
(a) The Devil's Box.
(b) The Devil's Guitar.
(c) The Devil's Playground.
(d) The Devil's Instrument.
3. Where do Ada and Ruby go for the night as snow begins to threaten?
(a) To a village abandoned by the Trail of Tears.
(b) To an abandoned Indian cave.
(c) To the same shelter they used the night before.
(d) To an abandoned barn.
4. What does Ada tell Inman about her relationship with Ruby?
(a) That Ruby is not a servant and will not take orders.
(b) That Ruby is her illegitimate sister.
(c) That Ruby has become her lover.
(d) That Ruby is her child.
5. What does Inman read to Ada while she makes dinner after his arrival?
(a) A passage from Balis's Greek translation.
(b) A letter he intended to send her.
(c) A passage from the Bible.
(d) A passage from Bertram that is highly sexual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ada and Inman discuss after sharing their feelings for one another?
2. What do Ruby and Ada find when they arrive at Stobrod's camp?
3. What do these men want to know about?
4. How did this person come to compose his own music?
5. What reason does Stobrod give for wanting to live at Black Cove?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who helps Inman with his injuries?
2. How does Ada react when she first sees Inman? Does Ada react as Inman imagined she would?
3. What decision does Inman make the following morning about his future?
4. How does Inman end up at the home of a war widow?
5. What does Inman do in exchange for a hot meal from a grief stricken mother?
6. What animal does Inman dream about and later feel responsible for killing?
7. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Pangle and Stobrod? How did this witness survive?
8. Who comes across Stobrod and Pangle, asking them questions before lining them up in front of a tree and shooting them?
9. Who once lived in the village that Ruby and Ada have brought Stobrod to?
10. What does Stobrod finally confess he wants from Ruby?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)