|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did this person get his nickname?
(a) He was expected to have been a girl.
(b) He was married to a woman named Inna.
(c) He was nearly beaten to death with a short, straight piece of wood.
(d) He once broke an expensive vase.
2. What wish does Inman make when he lies down to sleep in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
(a) To be alive when the sun rises.
(b) For a larger moon.
(c) To see Ada before he dies.
(d) A quick end to his journey.
3. What do Ruby and Ada allow the messenger to do as they leave?
(a) To take a few chickens when he leaves.
(b) To sleep in the hayloft until dark.
(c) To take their horse to escape the area.
(d) To sleep in the house until they return.
4. What does Inman hope Ada's reaction will be when she sees him?
(a) Inman hopes Ada will welcome him with open arms.
(b) Inman hopes Ada will have a great many stories to tell him.
(c) Inman hopes Ada will joke with him.
(d) Inman hopes Ada will have a fresh meal waiting.
5. What does Inman read to Ada while she makes dinner after his arrival?
(a) A letter he intended to send her.
(b) A passage from the Bible.
(c) A passage from Bertram that is highly sexual.
(d) A passage from Balis's Greek translation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman discover as he stops to fill a canteen in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
2. What do most Christians consider the fiddle, refer to it as?
3. Who is Pangle?
4. Who rides up and begins asking Strobrod and Pangle questions?
5. In the chapter, A Satisfied Mind, what does Ruby take into town to trade for beef?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)