|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ruby and Ada dress as they set out to find and bury the bodies of Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) In the clothes of Ada's father.
(b) In military uniforms.
(c) In party gowns to possibly confuse the killers.
(d) In Stobrod's clothing.
2. What is taken from Sara's home during the visit by the men who come to Sara's while Inman is still asleep in her bed?
(b) Three chickens and the hog.
(c) Her infant.
(d) All her money and valuable possessions.
3. What does Inman hope Ada's reaction will be when she sees him?
(a) Inman hopes Ada will have a great many stories to tell him.
(b) Inman hopes Ada will welcome him with open arms.
(c) Inman hopes Ada will have a fresh meal waiting.
(d) Inman hopes Ada will joke with him.
4. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
(a) That solitude is boring.
(b) That solitude leads to insanity.
(c) That she risks death every time she does anything that could lead to injury.
(d) That she is lonesome and he would be too.
5. What do these men want to know about?
(a) Where Inman might be.
(b) The band of outliers robbing rich slavers.
(c) Where the nearest town is.
(d) What unit Stobrod and Pangle are with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise attracts Inman to Ada and Ruby's camp?
2. What does Ruby find in the trap she set in the cornfield?
3. What does Ruby instruct Ada to do while she is in town trading for beef?
4. Who comes to visit while Ada is at Black Cove alone in the chapter, A Satisfied Mind?
5. What does Ruby send Ada out to get when Stobrod wakes them with his coughing in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Inman do in exchange for a hot meal from a grief stricken mother?
2. What does Inman find when he finally reaches Black Cove?
3. What does Stobrod finally confess he wants from Ruby?
4. Who or what does Ruby catch in her trap in the cornfield?
5. What does Stobrod tell Ruby and Ada to attempt to prove that he has changed?
6. How does Ada react when she first sees Inman? Does Ada react as Inman imagined she would?
7. What has caused an illness in Stobrod and his companions?
8. Why are things awkward between Inman and Ada at first? How does this begin to change?
9. Who once lived in the village that Ruby and Ada have brought Stobrod to?
10. Who attacks Sara's home while Inman is there?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)