|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
(a) Stobrod burned down his house while helping him burn logs.
(b) Stobrod got him arrested by distilling illegal liquor on his property.
(c) Stobrod left him alone, causing him to become trapped under some logs.
(d) Stobrod leaves him alone, causing him to be mauled by a bear.
2. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) The Tale of the Green Knight.
(b) The Odyssy.
(d) The Legend of King Arthur and the Round Table.
3. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
(a) Nashville, Tennessee.
(b) Dallas, Texas.
(c) Casper, Wyoming.
(d) Camden, South Carolina.
4. What is the topic of conversation when Ruby and Ada visit a friend in the chapter Source and Root?
(a) The war and the wounded from their town.
(b) The war and the nobility of the sacrifice the men have made.
(c) The war and the romance surrounding it.
(d) The war and the horrible consequences.
5. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
(a) Sally Swanger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
2. What happens to Veasey and Inman after they leave the farmer's home?
3. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
4. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
5. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does Inman send a letter shortly before leaving the hospital?
2. Who is Odell and what story does he tell Inman?
3. What does Ruby believe is a waste of time?
4. What happens when Inman attempts to cross a river using the canoe of a young Indian woman?
5. When Inman stops to make corn mush, what does he smell that leads him further down the river?
6. Who joins Inman on his journey in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering?
7. What is the main topic of conversation when Ada and Ruby visit Monroe's friend, Mrs. McKennet?
8. Who helps Ada after the death of her father?
9. Inman comes across a preacher in the middle of the night. What does Inman stop the preacher from doing?
10. Why did Inman decide he would like to meet Ada?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)