|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
(a) No, because it would only leave him angry and bitter.
(b) No, because he does not want to see a country that could turn on its brothers.
(c) Yes, but for much longer than ten minutes.
(d) Yes, especially if he could see a beautiful woman during that time.
2. Why does Inman become upset about Ada's reaction to his story?
(a) Ada belittles Inman for believing in the story.
(b) Ada says the story is false.
(c) Ada calls the story folkloric.
(d) Ada laughs at the story.
3. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From his father.
(b) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
4. What type of saw do Inman and Veasey find?
(a) A sabertooth saw.
(b) A crosscut saw.
(c) A circular saw.
(d) A lumberman's saw.
5. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
(a) Why man was created.
(b) Why man is burdened with free will.
(c) Why man is born to die.
(d) Why man is doomed to failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
2. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
3. What is the topic of conversation when Ruby and Ada visit a friend in the chapter Source and Root?
4. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
5. What is the name of the farmer who invites Inman and Veasey to spend the night at his farm after they help him remove a dead bull from the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Inman decide he would like to meet Ada?
2. What did Inman find on the battlefield that he kept hidden throughout his medical ordeal?
3. Why do three men attack Inman outside a settlement where he stops to get supplies?
4. Why does Ruby put a trap in the corn field? Why does Ada instruct her to pad the teeth on the trap?
5. Who joins Inman on his journey in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering?
6. What happened to Ruby when she was only four?
7. What story does Ada read to Ruby? Which character reminds Ruby of her father?
8. What is Ada's father doing when he dies?
9. In what city was Ada raised and educated?
10. Why is Inman in a military hospital?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)