|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
2. Who cuts the face of Inman's companion for haggling too much over price?
(a) The shopkeeper.
(b) The barkeeper.
(c) The prostitute named Tildy.
(d) The inn keeper.
3. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
(c) South Carolina.
4. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
(b) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
(c) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
(d) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
5. Why did Monroe not marry Ada's mother when they were both younger?
(a) She was already married to someone else.
(b) Her father would not allow the marriage to take place.
(c) He did not meet her till they were older.
(d) He caught her kissing another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman say happened in Petersburg?
2. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
3. What happens to Inman after he drinks some fluid Lila gave him?
4. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
5. What does Inman steal while at the same time leaving money for its cost?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does Junior sell Inman and Veasey for $5 a head?
2. What did Inman find on the battlefield that he kept hidden throughout his medical ordeal?
3. What is the purpose of the spell, To Destroy Life?
4. Why do three men attack Inman outside a settlement where he stops to get supplies?
5. Who is Odell and what story does he tell Inman?
6. What happens when Inman attempts to cross a river using the canoe of a young Indian woman?
7. What does Ada find in the basement? What does Ruby insist they do with it?
8. What does Ruby believe is a waste of time?
9. What scene do Ada and Ruby stumble on on their way back to Black Cove?
10. Why does Inman seek out the blind man and speak to him about the war and his feelings on being born without eyes?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)