|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) A hog.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cow.
2. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
(c) Sally Swanger.
3. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
(a) Ada's father had tuberculosis.
(b) Ada's grandfather had tuberculosis.
(c) Ada's mother had tuberculosis.
(d) Ada had tuberculosis.
4. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
5. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
(c) Both. Inman is a neutral scout.
(d) Neither. Inman is not a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
2. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
3. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
4. As Inman continues his journey, who does he come across who helps him?
5. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Inman decide he would like to meet Ada?
2. What does Ruby instruct Ada to create?
3. What happened to Ruby when she was only four?
4. When Inman stops to make corn mush, what does he smell that leads him further down the river?
5. What did Inman find on the battlefield that he kept hidden throughout his medical ordeal?
6. Why does Ada decide to sell her piano?
7. Why is Inman in a military hospital?
8. Why have Ada and her father moved to Black Cove?
9. What is Ada's father doing when he dies?
10. Who does Inman dream about after seeing a dark-haired girl riding a horse?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)