|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
(a) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
(b) A LeMat's pistol.
(c) A leather medicine bag.
(d) A picture of an unknown woman.
2. What happens to Inman after he drinks some fluid Lila gave him?
(a) He becomes instantly drunk.
(b) He is unable to fight off her attempts at seduction.
(c) He becomes violently ill.
(d) He falls asleep.
3. Who arrives while Ada and Ruby listen to the prisoner yelling from his second story prison cell?
(a) A Confederate military company.
(b) The Federals.
(c) The Home Guard.
(d) The sheriff.
4. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Kill her.
5. What type of saw do Inman and Veasey find?
(a) A crosscut saw.
(b) A lumberman's saw.
(c) A circular saw.
(d) A sabertooth saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Ada recall Inman telling her?
2. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
3. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
4. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
5. What income did Ada and her father live on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Inman in a military hospital?
2. Why do three men attack Inman outside a settlement where he stops to get supplies?
3. Why does Ada decide to sell her piano?
4. When Inman stops to make corn mush, what does he smell that leads him further down the river?
5. Who is Odell and what story does he tell Inman?
6. Why have Ada and her father moved to Black Cove?
7. In what city was Ada raised and educated?
8. Who does Ada think of as she watches the piano moved out of the house?
9. What does Ruby believe is a waste of time?
10. Who attempts to seduce Inman by putting some sort of drug in his drink?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)