|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
(a) Because the preacher attempted to kill an innocent girl to hide his sins.
(b) Becase the preacher threatened to turn Inman in to the Home Guard.
(c) Because the preacher attempted to rob Inman.
(d) Because the preacher attempted to kill Inman.
2. Who does the farmer sell Inman and Veasey to for $5 a head?
(a) The Confederate Army.
(b) The Federals.
(c) The Home Guard.
(d) The local law.
3. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
4. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
(a) Ada does not like her relatives in Charleston.
(b) Ada feels she has nothing to go back to.
(c) Ada feels Cold Mountain is the only place where she belongs.
(d) Ada has bad memories of her childhood in Charleston.
5. Who saves Inman's companion from being shot in a standoff with a drunk?
(a) The local sheriff.
(c) A prostitute named Tildy.
(d) The barkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
2. What does Veasey believe they should do with the saw?
3. What crime does this farmer believe his wife has committed?
4. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
5. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have Ada and her father moved to Black Cove?
2. On her last night in Charleston, Ada went out on the lake with what person? What do they discuss?
3. What scene do Ada and Ruby stumble on on their way back to Black Cove?
4. What does Inman leave money for even as he steals it?
5. Who joins Inman on his journey in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering?
6. Why does Inman seek out the blind man and speak to him about the war and his feelings on being born without eyes?
7. What does Ruby believe is a waste of time?
8. What is Ada's father doing when he dies?
9. To whom does Inman send a letter shortly before leaving the hospital?
10. Who helps Ada after the death of her father?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)