|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
(a) They are both rich, spoiled young women.
(b) They were both raised without mothers.
(c) They are both orphans.
(d) They are both well educated.
2. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
3. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
(a) Stobrod got him arrested by distilling illegal liquor on his property.
(b) Stobrod burned down his house while helping him burn logs.
(c) Stobrod left him alone, causing him to become trapped under some logs.
(d) Stobrod leaves him alone, causing him to be mauled by a bear.
4. Why does Veasey hit his companion over the head in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) Because he refused to pay a prostitute for her services.
(b) Because he attempted to molest a woman on the street.
(c) Because he attempted to steal Inman's haversack.
(d) Because he attempted to rob a shop keeper.
5. Who does the farmer sell Inman and Veasey to for $5 a head?
(a) The Federals.
(b) The Confederate Army.
(c) The local law.
(d) The Home Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Teague dressed?
2. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
3. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
4. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
5. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Inman end up at the home of a war widow?
2. What does Inman learn happened to the preacher and his lover?
3. Who joins Inman on his journey in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering?
4. What did Inman find on the battlefield that he kept hidden throughout his medical ordeal?
5. Who helps Inman with his injuries?
6. What decision does Inman make the following morning about his future?
7. What is the purpose of the spell, To Destroy Life?
8. To whom does Inman send a letter shortly before leaving the hospital?
9. Who once lived in the village that Ruby and Ada have brought Stobrod to?
10. Who attacks Sara's home while Inman is there?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)