|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Inman's companion planning on going?
(a) South Carolina.
2. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
(a) Medicine and peanuts.
(b) Peanuts and newspapers.
(c) Bibles and hot dogs.
(d) Chestnuts and drawings.
3. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Kill himself.
4. Which general does Inman claim he prefers?
5. What kind of gun does Inman's companion carry?
(a) A Colt.
(b) A LeMat's pistol.
(c) A Remington.
(d) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ada believe she was the product of a marriage of convenience?
2. What income did Ada and her father live on?
3. Where did Inman learn this spell?
4. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
5. Where was Stobrod the last time Ruby heard of him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Inman leave money for even as he steals it?
2. What surprises Ada about the circumstances of her conception and birth?
3. Why is Inman in a military hospital?
4. To whom does Inman send a letter shortly before leaving the hospital?
5. What story does Ada read to Ruby? Which character reminds Ruby of her father?
6. Why does Inman seek out the blind man and speak to him about the war and his feelings on being born without eyes?
7. What happened to Ruby when she was only four?
8. Who is Odell and what story does he tell Inman?
9. Who attempts to seduce Inman by putting some sort of drug in his drink?
10. Inman comes across a preacher in the middle of the night. What does Inman stop the preacher from doing?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)