|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ada use to construct the item Ruby has told her to create?
(a) An old cart.
(b) A peice of coal.
(c) An old ball gown.
(d) Lard from the hog killed earlier in the year.
2. What does Veasey believe they should do with the saw?
(a) Trade it for food.
(b) Sell it for money.
(c) Give it to a farmer in need.
(d) Use it to murder a prostitute who crossed them.
3. What does Inman steal while at the same time leaving money for its cost?
(a) A dinner bag.
(b) A new shirt.
(c) A new pair of shoes.
(d) A new watch.
4. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
(a) At the local store.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) At the local school.
(d) At church.
5. What does Ada find in the basement of her house?
(a) A case of champagne.
(b) A stack of rare books.
(c) A nest of rats.
(d) A one-hundred pound bag of coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby suggest Ada sell to generate some money to help them survive the winter?
2. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
3. Who arrives while Ada and Ruby listen to the prisoner yelling from his second story prison cell?
4. How does Inman escape his ordeal after leaving the farmer's home?
5. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruby believe is a waste of time?
2. What scene do Ada and Ruby stumble on on their way back to Black Cove?
3. When Inman stops to make corn mush, what does he smell that leads him further down the river?
4. Who does Ada think of as she watches the piano moved out of the house?
5. On her last night in Charleston, Ada went out on the lake with what person? What do they discuss?
6. Why have Ada and her father moved to Black Cove?
7. What is the main topic of conversation when Ada and Ruby visit Monroe's friend, Mrs. McKennet?
8. In what city was Ada raised and educated?
9. To whom does Junior sell Inman and Veasey for $5 a head?
10. Why does Ada decide to sell her piano?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)