|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
2. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
(a) A figure running toward a river.
(b) A figure running in an open meadow.
(c) A figure walking in a corridor of trees.
(d) A figure walking in snow.
3. What does Ada find in the basement of her house?
(a) A one-hundred pound bag of coffee.
(b) A stack of rare books.
(c) A nest of rats.
(d) A case of champagne.
4. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
(b) That he married another young woman.
(c) That he became a politician.
(d) That he became a preacher.
5. What does Ruby talk extensively about as she and Ada walk into town in the chapter, Source and Root?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
2. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
3. What is Ada looking for when she goes searching in the basement?
4. What story does Ada recall Inman telling her?
5. Who does Ruby suggest came up with the idea of celebrating Thanksgiving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scene do Ada and Ruby stumble on on their way back to Black Cove?
2. What did Inman find on the battlefield that he kept hidden throughout his medical ordeal?
3. Who comes to the scene Ada and Ruby are watching?
4. What is Ada's father doing when he dies?
5. What happens when Inman attempts to cross a river using the canoe of a young Indian woman?
6. What does Ada find in the basement? What does Ruby insist they do with it?
7. What group of people stop at Black Cove on their way to Camden, South Carolina?
8. To whom does Junior sell Inman and Veasey for $5 a head?
9. What does Ruby instruct Ada to create?
10. When Inman stops to make corn mush, what does he smell that leads him further down the river?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)