|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
(a) A LeMat's pistol.
(b) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
(c) A leather medicine bag.
(d) A picture of an unknown woman.
2. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
(a) Real food being cooked.
(b) A dead animal.
(c) That the corn is spoiled.
(d) The approach of diry, smelly men.
3. Where does Ruby live while helping Ada at Black Cove?
(a) In town.
(b) In the house with Ada.
(c) In the barn with the animals.
(d) In the old servants' cabin.
4. Who is Ruby's father?
(a) Inman's cousin.
(c) Stobrod Thewes.
5. What animal does Stobrod claim is Ruby's true father?
(a) A heron.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bear.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ada believe she was the product of a marriage of convenience?
2. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
3. Why does Veasey hit his companion over the head in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
4. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
5. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have Ada and her father moved to Black Cove?
2. Why is Inman in a military hospital?
3. What is the purpose of the spell, To Destroy Life?
4. Why does Ruby put a trap in the corn field? Why does Ada instruct her to pad the teeth on the trap?
5. What does Ada find in the basement? What does Ruby insist they do with it?
6. What happens when Inman attempts to cross a river using the canoe of a young Indian woman?
7. What does Inman learn happened to the preacher and his lover?
8. What did Inman find on the battlefield that he kept hidden throughout his medical ordeal?
9. What is Ada's father doing when he dies?
10. In what city was Ada raised and educated?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)