|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
(a) The boat's owner chases after him.
(b) The raft falls apart.
(c) The ferry sinks.
(d) Someone begins firing at the canoe.
2. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
(a) That he was forced out of the Home Guard for being too brutal.
(b) That he was robbed of all his possessions and decided to move on.
(c) That he was fighting the Federals but decided to return home.
(d) That the townspeople beat him and cut his hair.
3. Why does Inman believe the person he sees at Deep River is up to no good?
(a) The person has a weapon.
(b) The person appears nervous and incoherent.
(c) There is a person bundled up on the back of his horse.
(d) The person blushes when questioned.
4. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
(a) In a big city in the East.
(b) At Black Cove with Ada.
(c) In a cabin high in the moutains.
(d) In the flatlands he is traveling through.
5. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
(a) Two women and a shopkeeper.
(b) Two men and a prostitute.
(c) Two men and a blacksmith.
(d) Two women and a blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
2. Who does Ruby suggest came up with the idea of celebrating Thanksgiving?
3. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
4. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
5. What is the name of the farmer who invites Inman and Veasey to spend the night at his farm after they help him remove a dead bull from the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. On her last night in Charleston, Ada went out on the lake with what person? What do they discuss?
2. Who does Inman dream about after seeing a dark-haired girl riding a horse?
3. What is the purpose of the spell, To Destroy Life?
4. To whom does Junior sell Inman and Veasey for $5 a head?
5. What happened to Ruby when she was only four?
6. Who helps Ada after the death of her father?
7. What does Ada find in the basement? What does Ruby insist they do with it?
8. What does Inman learn happened to the preacher and his lover?
9. What story does Ada read to Ruby? Which character reminds Ruby of her father?
10. Who is Odell and what story does he tell Inman?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)