Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
(a) Ada's father had tuberculosis.
(b) Ada had tuberculosis.
(c) Ada's mother had tuberculosis.
(d) Ada's grandfather had tuberculosis.
2. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
(a) Two men and a prostitute.
(b) Two women and a blacksmith.
(c) Two men and a blacksmith.
(d) Two women and a shopkeeper.
3. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
(a) To Destroy Life.
(b) To End a Life.
(c) To Catch an Ilness.
(d) To Catch a Theif.
4. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
5. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) A cow.
(b) A horse.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A hog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
2. What story does Ada recall Inman telling her?
3. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
4. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
5. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are things awkward between Inman and Ada at first? How does this begin to change?
2. Why is Inman in a military hospital?
3. What is Ada's father doing when he dies?
4. What decision does Inman make the following morning about his future?
5. Who is Odell and what story does he tell Inman?
6. Who does Ada think of as she watches the piano moved out of the house?
7. Who comes to the scene Ada and Ruby are watching?
8. On her last night in Charleston, Ada went out on the lake with what person? What do they discuss?
9. Why does Ruby put a trap in the corn field? Why does Ada instruct her to pad the teeth on the trap?
10. What does Inman learn about his new companion that leads him to a conclusion about his own future?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)