|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Inman after he drinks some fluid Lila gave him?
(a) He is unable to fight off her attempts at seduction.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He becomes violently ill.
(d) He becomes instantly drunk.
2. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
(a) About the Home Guard and the Cherokees fighting the Federals.
(b) About the most recent battles in the war.
(c) About the attacks by Federals against women and children in Tennessee.
(d) About the death of a dear friend in the war.
3. Which of Teague's men argues that they need to bring in a living prisoner?
4. What contest do Ada and Ruby have one night in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
(a) A milking competition.
(b) A story writing competition.
(c) A horse riding competition.
(d) A hair braiding competition.
5. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
2. Who comes to Ruby's rescue?
3. Who does Inman meet who is in search of a slave he fell in love with on his father's prosperous farm?
4. Where was Stobrod the last time Ruby heard of him?
5. As Inman continues his journey, who does he come across who helps him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ada's father doing when he dies?
2. Inman comes across a preacher in the middle of the night. What does Inman stop the preacher from doing?
3. Who does Ada think of as she watches the piano moved out of the house?
4. Who is Balis? What manuscript is he working on?
5. What scene do Ada and Ruby stumble on on their way back to Black Cove?
6. What group of people stop at Black Cove on their way to Camden, South Carolina?
7. Why is Inman in a military hospital?
8. Who helps Ada after the death of her father?
9. When Inman stops to make corn mush, what does he smell that leads him further down the river?
10. Why does Ada decide to sell her piano?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)