Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit while Ada is at Black Cove alone in the chapter, A Satisfied Mind?
2. Who is Sara, a woman Inman meets in the chapter, Bride Bed Full of Blood?
(a) An old girlfriend of Veasey's.
(b) A hermit woman.
(c) The defiled companion of a preacher.
(d) A war widow.
3. How did this person come to compose his own music?
(a) He was inspired by the death of the woman he loved.
(b) He was inspired by his daughter.
(c) He was inspired by the death and destruction he witnessed in the war.
(d) He was inspired by a dying girl he was paid to perform for.
4. Why does Inman's progress begin to slow in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) Inman is injured, both from a wound to the head and the wound in his neck from the war battle.
(b) Inman is beginning to doubt his decision to walk away from his committment to the army and is considering returning.
(c) Inman has begun to starve to death and the malnutrition is making him so sick he cannot walk very well.
(d) Inman has contracted an illness in his chest, is running a fever, and is delirious.
5. What wish does Inman make when he lies down to sleep in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
(a) To see Ada before he dies.
(b) For a larger moon.
(c) A quick end to his journey.
(d) To be alive when the sun rises.
6. How do Ruby and Ada dress as they set out to find and bury the bodies of Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) In the clothes of Ada's father.
(b) In military uniforms.
(c) In Stobrod's clothing.
(d) In party gowns to possibly confuse the killers.
7. Why does Sara ask Inman to share her bed?
(a) Sara finds Inman attractive.
(b) Sara has no other place for Inman to sleep.
(c) Sara is a prostitute in need of money.
(d) Sara misses her husband and needs to feel some human connection.
8. What happens to the men who steal from Sara's home?
(a) Inman kills them and retrieves Sara's belongings.
(b) Sara shoots them with her husband's riffle.
(c) They have an accident on their starved horses.
(d) They run into a band of Indians who scalp them.
9. What does Inman find when he eventually reaches Black Cove?
(b) An abandoned farm.
(c) The Georgia boy there alone.
(d) Veasey has reached it first.
10. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
(a) He orders them arrested.
(b) He orders that they be allowed to go free.
(c) He orders them shot.
(d) He orders them hung.
11. What does Inman offer to do for a grief stricken mother in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
(a) Fix her leaky roof.
(b) Harvest her tabacco.
(c) Find her missing child.
(d) Bury her child.
12. What does Inman hope Ada's reaction will be when she sees him?
(a) Inman hopes Ada will have a great many stories to tell him.
(b) Inman hopes Ada will joke with him.
(c) Inman hopes Ada will have a fresh meal waiting.
(d) Inman hopes Ada will welcome him with open arms.
13. What does Ada hear that causes her to return to Inman?
(a) A gun shot.
(b) Stobrod's voice yelling for help.
(c) The distinctive sound of Inman's gun.
(d) Inman's voice yelling for help.
14. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
15. What do Ruby and Ada find when they arrive at Stobrod's camp?
(a) Neither Stobrod or Pangle.
(b) Stobrod dead, but Pangle still alive.
(c) Both Stobrod and Pangle dead where they were shot.
(d) Pangle dead, but Stobrod still alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ruby and Ada allow the messenger to do as they leave?
2. What memory of Ada does Inman share with Ada while they are alone in Ada's cabin?
3. What noise attracts Inman to Ada and Ruby's camp?
4. What do these men want to know about?
5. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)