|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food does Inman find in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) Cheese and chicken.
(b) Honey and catfish.
(c) Fresh deer meat.
(d) A fresh vegetable garden.
2. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
3. As Inman continues his journey, who does he come across who helps him?
(c) A war widow.
(d) A yellow slave.
4. What contest do Ada and Ruby have one night in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
(a) A story writing competition.
(b) A milking competition.
(c) A hair braiding competition.
(d) A horse riding competition.
5. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
(a) In a big city in the East.
(b) At Black Cove with Ada.
(c) In the flatlands he is traveling through.
(d) In a cabin high in the moutains.
6. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
(a) Wild dogs.
(b) Wild humans.
(c) Wild leopards.
(d) Wild boars.
7. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he married another young woman.
(b) That he became a preacher.
(c) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
(d) That he became a politician.
8. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
(a) A picture of an unknown woman.
(b) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
(c) A leather medicine bag.
(d) A LeMat's pistol.
9. Who does Inman meet who is in search of a slave he fell in love with on his father's prosperous farm?
10. What does Inman do to the farmer who sold him and Veasey?
(a) Sends the law to his house.
(b) Steals away his wife.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Clubs him to death with his gun.
11. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
(a) Reminton rifle.
(b) Colt .45 revolver.
(c) Whitworth .45 rifle.
(d) LeMats revolver.
12. Why did Ada believe she was the product of a marriage of convenience?
(a) Because her parents were older when they married.
(b) Because her mother told her she was.
(c) Because her parents divorced soon after her birth.
(d) Because her father told her she was.
13. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) In a boat on the river.
(b) On a stroll in the woods.
(c) To an abandoned cabin.
(d) To the barn to see a new horse.
14. Who comes to Ruby's rescue?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) Her father.
(d) A hunter.
15. Who arrives while Ada and Ruby listen to the prisoner yelling from his second story prison cell?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) A Confederate military company.
(c) The Home Guard.
(d) The Federals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
2. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
3. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
4. Who saves Inman's companion from being shot in a standoff with a drunk?
5. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)