|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
(a) Nashville, Tennessee.
(b) Dallas, Texas.
(c) Camden, South Carolina.
(d) Casper, Wyoming.
2. What does Inman do to help Laura?
(a) Inman returns her to her home, safe and sound.
(b) Inman save Laura from a group of Federals who want to steal her only means of survival.
(c) Inman takes Laura to a settlement where she might find her husband.
(d) Inman seduces Laura and agrees to marry her.
3. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
(a) Her aunt's.
(b) Her cousin's.
(c) Her grandparent's.
(d) Her best friend.
4. How does Inman escape his ordeal after leaving the farmer's home?
(a) Inman and Veasey are rescued by Lila, the farmer's wife.
(b) Inman and Veasey run away in the middle of the night.
(c) Inman survives the shooting and is able to cut his restraints with a rock.
(d) Inman and Veasey decide they are better off where they are and do nothing.
5. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
(a) That she has killed her husband.
(b) That she has run away from her husband with all the family money.
(c) That he has stolen food from a nearby store.
(d) That he has impregnanted a woman not his fiancee.
6. What income did Ada and her father live on?
(a) The farm only.
(b) An investment and a small section of the farm.
(c) An inheritance from the family of Ada's mother.
(d) Investments only.
7. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
8. What does Inman do to the farmer who sold him and Veasey?
(a) Steals away his wife.
(b) Sends the law to his house.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Clubs him to death with his gun.
9. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) In a boat on the river.
(b) To the barn to see a new horse.
(c) On a stroll in the woods.
(d) To an abandoned cabin.
10. Who is Claire Duchutes?
(a) Inman's mother.
(b) Ada's mother.
(c) Monroe's mother.
(d) Ruby's mother.
11. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
(a) A red haired woman in a bathing suit.
(b) A dark haired woman on a horse.
(c) A brunette on a bull.
(d) A blond woman in a fancy dress.
12. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
(a) Neither. Inman is not a soldier.
(d) Both. Inman is a neutral scout.
13. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
(a) About the most recent battles in the war.
(b) About the attacks by Federals against women and children in Tennessee.
(c) About the death of a dear friend in the war.
(d) About the Home Guard and the Cherokees fighting the Federals.
14. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
(a) She becomes attached to a blackthorn tree.
(b) She is cornered by a mother bear protecting her cub.
(c) She is injured in a rock slide.
(d) She is lost in the dark.
15. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
2. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
3. What contest do Ada and Ruby have one night in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
4. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
5. Where is Inman's companion planning on going?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)