|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Spirits of Crows, Dancing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Veasey believe they should do with the saw?
(a) Give it to a farmer in need.
(b) Sell it for money.
(c) Use it to murder a prostitute who crossed them.
(d) Trade it for food.
2. Who arrives while Ada and Ruby listen to the prisoner yelling from his second story prison cell?
(a) The Federals.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) A Confederate military company.
(d) The Home Guard.
3. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
(a) They are both well educated.
(b) They are both orphans.
(c) They were both raised without mothers.
(d) They are both rich, spoiled young women.
4. What story does Ada recall Inman telling her?
(a) An Indian story about the origins of Cold Mountain.
(b) An Indian story about a tribe's inability to enter the hidden room behind Shining Rock.
(c) How Swimmer once taught him a spell called To Cause Grave Illness.
(d) The story of his birth and early childhood.
5. In the chapter, A Satisfied Mind, what does Ruby take into town to trade for beef?
(a) Ralph, the horse.
(b) Waldo, the cow.
(c) Freshly made apple cider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What income did Ada and her father live on?
2. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
3. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
4. What does Inman do with the saw?
5. What is Ada looking for when she goes searching in the basement?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)