|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Spirits of Crows, Dancing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime does this farmer believe his wife has committed?
(d) Robbery of a local store.
2. What contest do Ada and Ruby have one night in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
(a) A milking competition.
(b) A horse riding competition.
(c) A story writing competition.
(d) A hair braiding competition.
3. Where was Stobrod the last time Ruby heard of him?
(a) In the army at Sharpsburg.
(b) In the Home Guard roaming Cold Mountain.
(c) In the hospital in Charleston.
(d) In prison.
4. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(b) Sir Gawain.
5. Who does Inman meet as he comes to the end of his map in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) A band of gypsies.
(b) A dedicated preacher.
(c) An old hermit woman.
(d) A war bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
2. What does Ruby suggest Ada sell to generate some money to help them survive the winter?
3. Why is a group of people drawn to the street underneath the window of a prisoner?
4. Why does Inman decide to attack the approaching group of men?
5. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)