|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Spirits of Crows, Dancing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sara ask Inman to share her bed?
(a) Sara has no other place for Inman to sleep.
(b) Sara misses her husband and needs to feel some human connection.
(c) Sara finds Inman attractive.
(d) Sara is a prostitute in need of money.
2. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
(a) To send an enemy to jail for their crimes.
(b) To cause an enemy to catch a terrible, disfiguring illness.
(c) To cause one's enemies to go to Nightland alone, covered in dog excrement, and blue with despair.
(d) To cause an enemy to die in his sleep.
3. How many people were originally in the grief stricken mother's family that Inman meets in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
4. Who joins Ada and Ruby for supper as they enjoy what will most likely be their final dinner outside that fall?
5. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Inman takes his readied haversack and a picture he admired that belonged to his now dead neighbor.
(b) Inman takes nothing but a change of clothes.
(c) Inman takes a book and money he took from his neighbor who has died.
(d) Inman takes his readied haversack and the manuscript Balis was working on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman do to the farmer who sold him and Veasey?
2. What does Inman find when he eventually reaches Black Cove?
3. What does Ruby do with the trapped animal from the cornfield?
4. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
5. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)