|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Spirits of Crows, Dancing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Inman on his journey in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) The blind man from the military hospital.
(b) His childhood friend, Swimmer.
(c) The Home Guardsman, Teague.
(d) The preacher, Solomon Veasey.
2. What noise attracts Inman to Ada and Ruby's camp?
(a) Ada's screams.
(b) Ada's shotgun shots.
(c) Ruby's riffle.
(d) Ruby's yelling.
3. Who does Inman run into in the middle of the night at Deep River?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A farmer with a wounded bull.
(c) A war widow.
(d) A Home Guardsman.
4. How does Inman escape his ordeal after leaving the farmer's home?
(a) Inman and Veasey are rescued by Lila, the farmer's wife.
(b) Inman and Veasey run away in the middle of the night.
(c) Inman survives the shooting and is able to cut his restraints with a rock.
(d) Inman and Veasey decide they are better off where they are and do nothing.
5. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
(a) Ada's grandfather had tuberculosis.
(b) Ada had tuberculosis.
(c) Ada's father had tuberculosis.
(d) Ada's mother had tuberculosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
2. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
3. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
4. What happens to Veasey and Inman after they leave the farmer's home?
5. How do Ruby and Ada dress as they set out to find and bury the bodies of Stobrod and Pangle?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)