|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Spirits of Crows, Dancing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
(a) A group of deserters from Fredricksburg.
(b) A group of women and children fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
(c) The Home Guard.
(d) The Federals.
2. What do Ada and Inman discuss after sharing their feelings for one another?
(a) The dangers of the war.
(b) The death of Monroe.
(c) The future, specifically marriage and life at Black Cove.
(d) Inman's status as a fugitive.
3. Why did Monroe not marry Ada's mother when they were both younger?
(a) He caught her kissing another man.
(b) Her father would not allow the marriage to take place.
(c) He did not meet her till they were older.
(d) She was already married to someone else.
4. What does Inman offer to do for a grief stricken mother in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
(a) Harvest her tabacco.
(b) Bury her child.
(c) Find her missing child.
(d) Fix her leaky roof.
5. Who does Inman meet as he comes to the end of his map in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) A war bride.
(b) A dedicated preacher.
(c) A band of gypsies.
(d) An old hermit woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Ada and Ruby go to visit while in town in the chapter, Source and Root?
2. What does Ada hear that causes her to return to Inman?
3. How is Teague dressed?
4. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
5. Why does Inman decide to attack the approaching group of men?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)