|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Spirits of Crows, Dancing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Inman's progress begin to slow in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) Inman has begun to starve to death and the malnutrition is making him so sick he cannot walk very well.
(b) Inman is injured, both from a wound to the head and the wound in his neck from the war battle.
(c) Inman has contracted an illness in his chest, is running a fever, and is delirious.
(d) Inman is beginning to doubt his decision to walk away from his committment to the army and is considering returning.
2. What kind of food does Inman find in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) Honey and catfish.
(b) Fresh deer meat.
(c) Cheese and chicken.
(d) A fresh vegetable garden.
3. What wish does Inman make when he lies down to sleep in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
(a) A quick end to his journey.
(b) To be alive when the sun rises.
(c) To see Ada before he dies.
(d) For a larger moon.
4. Why has Inman begun to fast as he reaches Cold Mountain?
(a) So he can cross the portal at Shining Rock if Ada refuses him.
(b) So he can enjoy a huge feast when he finds Ada.
(c) So he will die quickly if Ada refuses him.
(d) So he will be skinny and handsome for Ada.
5. What is taken from Sara's home during the visit by the men who come to Sara's while Inman is still asleep in her bed?
(a) Her infant.
(b) All her money and valuable possessions.
(c) Three chickens and the hog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman say happened in Petersburg?
2. As Inman continues his journey, who does he come across who helps him?
3. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
4. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
5. What object does Ruby instruct Ada to create in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)