|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the mother bear that is attempting to protect her cub from Inman?
(a) Inman is forced to kill her.
(b) She simply walks away, leaving her cub behind.
(c) She is killed by a passing Indian.
(d) She charges him and falls from a cliff.
2. What happens to Veasey and Inman after they leave the farmer's home?
(a) They are shot by the Home Guard.
(b) They are put in jail.
(c) They are forced to pledge allegiance to the Union.
(d) They are placed in a new army regiment.
3. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) A map given to him by the yellow slave.
(b) A map given to him by the Federals.
(c) A map given to him by Lila.
(d) A map given to him by Veasey.
4. Why does Inman believe the person he sees at Deep River is up to no good?
(a) The person blushes when questioned.
(b) The person has a weapon.
(c) There is a person bundled up on the back of his horse.
(d) The person appears nervous and incoherent.
5. Who rides up and begins asking Strobrod and Pangle questions?
(a) Some Federals.
(b) An Indian scout.
(c) A Confederate scout.
(d) The Home Guard led by Teague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Inman walk into town?
2. Who joins Ada and Ruby for supper as they enjoy what will most likely be their final dinner outside that fall?
3. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
4. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
5. Which of Teague's men argues that they need to bring in a living prisoner?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)