|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot sew.
(b) Ada cannot milk a cow.
(c) Ada cannot cook.
(d) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
2. Why does Inman walk into town?
(a) To visit a friend.
(b) To post a letter.
(c) To buy supplies
(d) To show the doctors he is ready to return to his unit.
3. Where was Stobrod the last time Ruby heard of him?
(a) In the Home Guard roaming Cold Mountain.
(b) In the army at Sharpsburg.
(c) In prison.
(d) In the hospital in Charleston.
4. Who comes to Ruby's rescue?
(a) Her father.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) A neighbor.
5. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
(a) That he is in love with her.
(b) That he wants to be a preacher one day.
(c) That he wants to be president of the new Confederacy.
(d) That he is afraid of being killed in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman offer to do for a grief stricken mother in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
2. Who saves Inman's companion from being shot in a standoff with a drunk?
3. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
4. What does Ruby suggest Ada sell to generate some money to help them survive the winter?
5. What is taken from Sara's home during the visit by the men who come to Sara's while Inman is still asleep in her bed?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)