|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Inman become upset about Ada's reaction to his story?
(a) Ada says the story is false.
(b) Ada belittles Inman for believing in the story.
(c) Ada laughs at the story.
(d) Ada calls the story folkloric.
2. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
(a) Because the preacher attempted to kill Inman.
(b) Becase the preacher threatened to turn Inman in to the Home Guard.
(c) Because the preacher attempted to rob Inman.
(d) Because the preacher attempted to kill an innocent girl to hide his sins.
3. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
(a) A military camp.
(b) A farm near Cold Mountain.
(c) A cabin in the woods.
(d) A military hospital.
4. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
(a) Ada does not like her relatives in Charleston.
(b) Ada feels Cold Mountain is the only place where she belongs.
(c) Ada has bad memories of her childhood in Charleston.
(d) Ada feels she has nothing to go back to.
5. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Sixty years.
(d) Six weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did this person come to compose his own music?
2. What do most Christians consider the fiddle, refer to it as?
3. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
4. What does Inman do with the saw?
5. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)