|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
(a) To Destroy Life.
(b) To Catch an Ilness.
(c) To End a Life.
(d) To Catch a Theif.
2. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
(b) Neither. Inman is not a soldier.
(d) Both. Inman is a neutral scout.
3. Who does Inman run into in the middle of the night at Deep River?
(a) A war widow.
(b) A Home Guardsman.
(c) A farmer with a wounded bull.
(d) A preacher.
4. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
(b) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
(c) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
(d) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
5. Who does Inman meet who is in search of a slave he fell in love with on his father's prosperous farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a group of people drawn to the street underneath the window of a prisoner?
2. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
3. Why does Inman become upset about Ada's reaction to his story?
4. What instrument does Ada and Ruby's guest play?
5. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)