|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
(a) Chestnuts and drawings.
(b) Bibles and hot dogs.
(c) Medicine and peanuts.
(d) Peanuts and newspapers.
2. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
(b) Travels by William Bartram.
(c) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
3. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
4. What does Inman offer to do for a grief stricken mother in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
(a) Bury her child.
(b) Find her missing child.
(c) Harvest her tabacco.
(d) Fix her leaky roof.
5. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
(a) Ada does not like her relatives in Charleston.
(b) Ada feels she has nothing to go back to.
(c) Ada feels Cold Mountain is the only place where she belongs.
(d) Ada has bad memories of her childhood in Charleston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the farmer sell Inman and Veasey to for $5 a head?
2. Who does Ruby suggest came up with the idea of celebrating Thanksgiving?
3. Why does Sara ask Inman to share her bed?
4. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
5. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)