|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Marry her.
2. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
(a) To Catch an Ilness.
(b) To Destroy Life.
(c) To End a Life.
(d) To Catch a Theif.
3. How did this person come to compose his own music?
(a) He was inspired by the death of the woman he loved.
(b) He was inspired by the death and destruction he witnessed in the war.
(c) He was inspired by a dying girl he was paid to perform for.
(d) He was inspired by his daughter.
4. Why did Monroe not marry Ada's mother when they were both younger?
(a) He did not meet her till they were older.
(b) She was already married to someone else.
(c) Her father would not allow the marriage to take place.
(d) He caught her kissing another man.
5. What does Ruby do with the trapped animal from the cornfield?
(a) Feeds him breakfast and threatens to shoot him if he steals from her again.
(b) Gives him supplies and directions.
(c) Lets him go.
(d) Feeds him to the cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter, A Satisfied Mind, what does Ruby take into town to trade for beef?
2. Who does Inman run into in the middle of the night at Deep River?
3. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Stobrod and Pangle?
4. Who rides up and begins asking Strobrod and Pangle questions?
5. What is the name of the farmer who invites Inman and Veasey to spend the night at his farm after they help him remove a dead bull from the river?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)