|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
(b) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(c) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
(d) Travels by William Bartram.
2. In the chapter, A Satisfied Mind, what does Ruby take into town to trade for beef?
(a) Freshly made apple cider.
(c) Waldo, the cow.
(d) Ralph, the horse.
3. Who do Ada and Ruby go to visit while in town in the chapter, Source and Root?
(a) Teague, the leader of the Home Guard.
(b) Sally, a friend of Inman's.
(c) Stobrod Trewes, Ruby's father.
(d) Mrs. McKennet, a friend of Monroe's.
4. How did this person get his nickname?
(a) He was nearly beaten to death with a short, straight piece of wood.
(b) He was married to a woman named Inna.
(c) He was expected to have been a girl.
(d) He once broke an expensive vase.
5. What does Inman discover as he stops to fill a canteen in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
(a) Two skeletons being ravaged by a bear.
(b) Three skeletons hanging from a tree.
(c) An abandoned wagon train.
(d) An Indian cairn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
2. What happens to the men who steal from Sara's home?
3. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
4. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
5. Who comes to Sara's house the next morning after she and Inman share a bed?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)