|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is taken from Sara's home during the visit by the men who come to Sara's while Inman is still asleep in her bed?
(a) Three chickens and the hog.
(b) All her money and valuable possessions.
(d) Her infant.
2. What kind of food does Inman find in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) Honey and catfish.
(b) Cheese and chicken.
(c) Fresh deer meat.
(d) A fresh vegetable garden.
3. What reason does Stobrod give for wanting to live at Black Cove?
(a) The Home Guard will never think he is a deserter if he lives on a farm in the open.
(b) He wants to make amends to his daughter for her poor childhood.
(c) The new leader of the outliers, the deserters, wants them to rob rich slave owners.
(d) The new leader of the deserters wants him to leave.
4. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
(a) Ada feels Cold Mountain is the only place where she belongs.
(b) Ada does not like her relatives in Charleston.
(c) Ada has bad memories of her childhood in Charleston.
(d) Ada feels she has nothing to go back to.
5. Who is Claire Duchutes?
(a) Inman's mother.
(b) Ruby's mother.
(c) Monroe's mother.
(d) Ada's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
2. What does Inman do to help Laura?
3. Where does Ruby live while helping Ada at Black Cove?
4. Where do Ada and Ruby go for the night as snow begins to threaten?
5. What does Inman discover as he stops to fill a canteen in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)