|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Stobrod give for wanting to live at Black Cove?
(a) The new leader of the outliers, the deserters, wants them to rob rich slave owners.
(b) The new leader of the deserters wants him to leave.
(c) The Home Guard will never think he is a deserter if he lives on a farm in the open.
(d) He wants to make amends to his daughter for her poor childhood.
2. Where do Ruby and Ada spend the night as they set out to find Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) In an old Indian village.
(b) In an abandoned barn.
(c) In a shelter Ruby knew as a child.
(d) At the home of a friend of Monroe's.
3. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
(a) At the local school.
(b) At church.
(c) At the local store.
(d) At a friend's house.
4. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
(a) Two men and a blacksmith.
(b) Two women and a blacksmith.
(c) Two women and a shopkeeper.
(d) Two men and a prostitute.
5. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
(a) Ada should return to Charleston to inherit her money.
(b) Ada has plenty of money to live on.
(c) There is no money left.
(d) The farm was left to Ada's cousin, making her dependent on family for income.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
2. As Inman continues his journey, who does he come across who helps him?
3. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
4. What do most Christians consider the fiddle, refer to it as?
5. How did this person get his nickname?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)