|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From his mother.
(b) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
(c) From his father.
(d) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
2. What do these men want to know about?
(a) What unit Stobrod and Pangle are with.
(b) Where Inman might be.
(c) Where the nearest town is.
(d) The band of outliers robbing rich slavers.
3. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
(b) That he married another young woman.
(c) That he became a preacher.
(d) That he became a politician.
4. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
(a) Laura is the war widow Inman meets beside Deep River.
(b) Laura is the wife of a farmer Inman helps by cutting up a bull that has died in the river by his farm.
(c) Laura is the sister of a Home Guardsmen who ambushes Inman at Deep River.
(d) Laura is the woman the preacher has gotten pregnant and wants to kill to hide his indiscretion.
5. What is the name of the farmer who invites Inman and Veasey to spend the night at his farm after they help him remove a dead bull from the river?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
2. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
3. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
4. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
5. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)