|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Ada and Ruby's guest play?
(a) A banjo.
(b) A set of drums.
(c) A fiddle.
(d) A guitar.
2. How did this person get his nickname?
(a) He was married to a woman named Inna.
(b) He once broke an expensive vase.
(c) He was nearly beaten to death with a short, straight piece of wood.
(d) He was expected to have been a girl.
3. Who joins Inman on his journey in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) The blind man from the military hospital.
(b) His childhood friend, Swimmer.
(c) The Home Guardsman, Teague.
(d) The preacher, Solomon Veasey.
4. Who does the farmer sell Inman and Veasey to for $5 a head?
(a) The Home Guard.
(b) The Confederate Army.
(c) The Federals.
(d) The local law.
5. Who does Inman run into in the middle of the night at Deep River?
(a) A farmer with a wounded bull.
(b) A war widow.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A Home Guardsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom is the letter Ruby brings Ada in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
2. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
3. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
4. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
5. What does Ada find in the basement of her house?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)