|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ruby suggest came up with the idea of celebrating Thanksgiving?
(a) Southern ladies' groups.
(b) Northern religious groups.
(c) Southern business men.
(d) Northern morphine addicts.
2. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
(a) A group of deserters from Fredricksburg.
(b) The Federals.
(c) A group of women and children fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
(d) The Home Guard.
3. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
(a) A group of gypsies downstream from him.
(b) A group of deserters hiding from the Home Guard.
(c) A group of fugitives fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
(d) A Confederate army unit.
4. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
(a) Peanuts and newspapers.
(b) Medicine and peanuts.
(c) Bibles and hot dogs.
(d) Chestnuts and drawings.
5. Who is Sara, a woman Inman meets in the chapter, Bride Bed Full of Blood?
(a) The defiled companion of a preacher.
(b) A hermit woman.
(c) An old girlfriend of Veasey's.
(d) A war widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ada use to construct the item Ruby has told her to create?
2. What happens to the men who steal from Sara's home?
3. Why does Sara ask Inman to share her bed?
4. Who is Pangle?
5. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)