|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ada believe she was the product of a marriage of convenience?
(a) Because her mother told her she was.
(b) Because her father told her she was.
(c) Because her parents divorced soon after her birth.
(d) Because her parents were older when they married.
2. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
(a) Yes, but for much longer than ten minutes.
(b) Yes, especially if he could see a beautiful woman during that time.
(c) No, because he does not want to see a country that could turn on its brothers.
(d) No, because it would only leave him angry and bitter.
3. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From his mother.
(b) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
(c) From his father.
(d) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
4. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
(a) Chestnuts and drawings.
(b) Medicine and peanuts.
(c) Peanuts and newspapers.
(d) Bibles and hot dogs.
5. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
(a) Neither. Inman is not a soldier.
(d) Both. Inman is a neutral scout.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Ada recall Inman telling her?
2. What is taken from Sara's home during the visit by the men who come to Sara's while Inman is still asleep in her bed?
3. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
4. Who is Claire Duchutes?
5. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)