|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
(b) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
(c) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
(d) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
2. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
(a) The approach of diry, smelly men.
(b) Real food being cooked.
(c) A dead animal.
(d) That the corn is spoiled.
3. Why does Inman walk into town?
(a) To visit a friend.
(b) To show the doctors he is ready to return to his unit.
(c) To buy supplies
(d) To post a letter.
4. What contest do Ada and Ruby have one night in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
(a) A hair braiding competition.
(b) A story writing competition.
(c) A milking competition.
(d) A horse riding competition.
5. Why did Ada believe she was the product of a marriage of convenience?
(a) Because her parents divorced soon after her birth.
(b) Because her father told her she was.
(c) Because her mother told her she was.
(d) Because her parents were older when they married.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Inman continues his journey, who does he come across who helps him?
2. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
3. Who is Sara, a woman Inman meets in the chapter, Bride Bed Full of Blood?
4. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
5. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)