|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Ruby's rescue?
(a) Her father.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A neighbor.
2. Why does Inman's progress begin to slow in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) Inman has contracted an illness in his chest, is running a fever, and is delirious.
(b) Inman is injured, both from a wound to the head and the wound in his neck from the war battle.
(c) Inman is beginning to doubt his decision to walk away from his committment to the army and is considering returning.
(d) Inman has begun to starve to death and the malnutrition is making him so sick he cannot walk very well.
3. What kind of gun does Inman's companion carry?
(a) A Remington.
(b) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
(c) A LeMat's pistol.
(d) A Colt.
4. How is Teague dressed?
(a) Like a mountain man.
(b) Like a law man.
(c) Like a soldier.
(d) Like a preacher.
5. How did this person come to compose his own music?
(a) He was inspired by the death and destruction he witnessed in the war.
(b) He was inspired by his daughter.
(c) He was inspired by the death of the woman he loved.
(d) He was inspired by a dying girl he was paid to perform for.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Ada and Ruby for supper as they enjoy what will most likely be their final dinner outside that fall?
2. How many people were originally in the grief stricken mother's family that Inman meets in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
3. Which of Teague's men argues that they need to bring in a living prisoner?
4. What does Ruby do with the trapped animal from the cornfield?
5. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)