|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
(a) She is injured in a rock slide.
(b) She is lost in the dark.
(c) She becomes attached to a blackthorn tree.
(d) She is cornered by a mother bear protecting her cub.
2. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
(a) That he was robbed of all his possessions and decided to move on.
(b) That he was forced out of the Home Guard for being too brutal.
(c) That he was fighting the Federals but decided to return home.
(d) That the townspeople beat him and cut his hair.
3. What do Ruby and Ada allow the messenger to do as they leave?
(a) To take a few chickens when he leaves.
(b) To take their horse to escape the area.
(c) To sleep in the hayloft until dark.
(d) To sleep in the house until they return.
4. What does Ada use to construct the item Ruby has told her to create?
(a) A peice of coal.
(b) An old cart.
(c) An old ball gown.
(d) Lard from the hog killed earlier in the year.
5. Who arrives while Ada and Ruby listen to the prisoner yelling from his second story prison cell?
(a) The Home Guard.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) The Federals.
(d) A Confederate military company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
2. What does Inman offer to do for a grief stricken mother in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
3. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
4. Where is Inman's companion planning on going?
5. What does Inman do to the farmer who sold him and Veasey?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)