|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(d) Sir Gawain.
2. Who do Ada and Ruby go to visit while in town in the chapter, Source and Root?
(a) Sally, a friend of Inman's.
(b) Teague, the leader of the Home Guard.
(c) Mrs. McKennet, a friend of Monroe's.
(d) Stobrod Trewes, Ruby's father.
3. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
(a) That he wants to be a preacher one day.
(b) That he wants to be president of the new Confederacy.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he is afraid of being killed in battle.
4. What does Inman discover as he stops to fill a canteen in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
(a) An abandoned wagon train.
(b) Two skeletons being ravaged by a bear.
(c) An Indian cairn.
(d) Three skeletons hanging from a tree.
5. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
(a) At church.
(b) At the local school.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) At the local store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
2. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
3. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
4. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
5. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)