|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inman steal while at the same time leaving money for its cost?
(a) A new shirt.
(b) A new watch.
(c) A new pair of shoes.
(d) A dinner bag.
2. Who saves Inman's companion from being shot in a standoff with a drunk?
(a) The local sheriff.
(b) A prostitute named Tildy.
(c) The barkeeper.
3. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
(a) Bibles and hot dogs.
(b) Medicine and peanuts.
(c) Chestnuts and drawings.
(d) Peanuts and newspapers.
4. Where does Ruby live while helping Ada at Black Cove?
(a) In the house with Ada.
(b) In the barn with the animals.
(c) In town.
(d) In the old servants' cabin.
5. Why does Inman walk into town?
(a) To buy supplies
(b) To visit a friend.
(c) To show the doctors he is ready to return to his unit.
(d) To post a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
2. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
3. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
4. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
5. Why does Veasey hit his companion over the head in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)