|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did this person get his nickname?
(a) He was nearly beaten to death with a short, straight piece of wood.
(b) He was expected to have been a girl.
(c) He was married to a woman named Inna.
(d) He once broke an expensive vase.
2. What instrument does Ada and Ruby's guest play?
(a) A set of drums.
(b) A fiddle.
(c) A banjo.
(d) A guitar.
3. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
4. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
(a) The horse and some coffee.
(b) A few acres of land and the tabacco crop.
(c) The piano.
(d) The cabriolet and the hog.
5. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
(a) To Catch a Theif.
(b) To Destroy Life.
(c) To Catch an Ilness.
(d) To End a Life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
2. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
3. What story does Ada recall Inman telling her?
4. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
5. What causes one of these men to believe Stobrod and Pangle are holy men?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)