|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) A young Indian woman.
(b) Pangle's cousin.
(c) A young man from Tennessee.
(d) A young man from Georgia.
2. Who does Inman meet who is in search of a slave he fell in love with on his father's prosperous farm?
3. Who comes to Sara's house the next morning after she and Inman share a bed?
(a) The local Home Guard.
(b) Several injured Confederates.
(c) The local law.
(d) Three Federals.
4. How is Teague dressed?
(a) Like a soldier.
(b) Like a mountain man.
(c) Like a preacher.
(d) Like a law man.
5. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
(a) Offer up their money and a few animals for food.
(b) Cowar as the visitors raid their supplies.
(c) Feed them a chicken dinner and give them supplies.
(d) Run away and hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
2. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
3. Who is Pangle?
4. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
5. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)