|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
(a) Laura is the wife of a farmer Inman helps by cutting up a bull that has died in the river by his farm.
(b) Laura is the war widow Inman meets beside Deep River.
(c) Laura is the woman the preacher has gotten pregnant and wants to kill to hide his indiscretion.
(d) Laura is the sister of a Home Guardsmen who ambushes Inman at Deep River.
2. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Kill himself.
3. Where do Ada and Ruby go for the night as snow begins to threaten?
(a) To the same shelter they used the night before.
(b) To an abandoned barn.
(c) To a village abandoned by the Trail of Tears.
(d) To an abandoned Indian cave.
4. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
(b) Travels by William Bartram.
(c) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
5. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
(a) To Catch an Ilness.
(b) To Catch a Theif.
(c) To Destroy Life.
(d) To End a Life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives while Ada and Ruby listen to the prisoner yelling from his second story prison cell?
2. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
3. What does Ruby do with the trapped animal from the cornfield?
4. What is the topic of conversation when Ruby and Ada visit a friend in the chapter Source and Root?
5. What does Inman do with the saw?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)