|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
(a) The cabriolet and the hog.
(b) A few acres of land and the tabacco crop.
(c) The horse and some coffee.
(d) The piano.
2. What do most Christians consider the fiddle, refer to it as?
(a) The Devil's Playground.
(b) The Devil's Guitar.
(c) The Devil's Instrument.
(d) The Devil's Box.
3. Who does the farmer sell Inman and Veasey to for $5 a head?
(a) The local law.
(b) The Confederate Army.
(c) The Home Guard.
(d) The Federals.
4. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
(a) To cause an enemy to die in his sleep.
(b) To send an enemy to jail for their crimes.
(c) To cause one's enemies to go to Nightland alone, covered in dog excrement, and blue with despair.
(d) To cause an enemy to catch a terrible, disfiguring illness.
5. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
(a) Why man is born to die.
(b) Why man is burdened with free will.
(c) Why man is doomed to failure.
(d) Why man was created.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
2. What happens to the mother bear that is attempting to protect her cub from Inman?
3. What kind of food does Inman find in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
4. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
5. What kind of gun does Inman's companion carry?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)