|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Claire Duchutes?
(a) Inman's mother.
(b) Monroe's mother.
(c) Ruby's mother.
(d) Ada's mother.
2. What is the topic of conversation when Ruby and Ada visit a friend in the chapter Source and Root?
(a) The war and the horrible consequences.
(b) The war and the wounded from their town.
(c) The war and the romance surrounding it.
(d) The war and the nobility of the sacrifice the men have made.
3. What happens to Veasey and Inman after they leave the farmer's home?
(a) They are forced to pledge allegiance to the Union.
(b) They are put in jail.
(c) They are shot by the Home Guard.
(d) They are placed in a new army regiment.
4. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
(a) She nurses him through his illness.
(b) She feeds him a hearty meal that staves off starvation.
(c) She gives him a ride back to the military hospital.
(d) She treats his wounds and gives him medication.
5. What instrument does Ada and Ruby's guest play?
(a) A fiddle.
(b) A banjo.
(c) A set of drums.
(d) A guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman do with the saw?
2. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
3. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
4. What object does Ruby instruct Ada to create in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
5. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)