|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
(a) She was drunk and became unstable.
(b) She became faint and giddy.
(c) She was attempting to seduce him.
(d) He pulled her into his lap for a kiss.
2. What crime does this farmer believe his wife has committed?
(b) Robbery of a local store.
3. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
(a) Ada has done nothing on the farm.
(b) Ada has sold the farm with the intention of returning to Charleston.
(c) Ada has hired a neighbor to care for the farm.
(d) Ada has taken the farm in hand and is running it efficiently.
4. Why does Inman become upset about Ada's reaction to his story?
(a) Ada says the story is false.
(b) Ada laughs at the story.
(c) Ada belittles Inman for believing in the story.
(d) Ada calls the story folkloric.
5. What does Inman dream about in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
(a) That he has been killed in battle.
(b) That he returns to Sara and becomes her husband.
(c) That he has become a bear and is shot and skinned by hunters.
(d) That he has returned to Cold Mountain to find Ada married to another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
2. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
3. Why does Sara ask Inman to share her bed?
4. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
5. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)