|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inman discover as he stops to fill a canteen in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
(a) Three skeletons hanging from a tree.
(b) Two skeletons being ravaged by a bear.
(c) An abandoned wagon train.
(d) An Indian cairn.
2. What does Inman say happened in Petersburg?
(a) A group of Home Guardsmen murdered a group of deserters.
(b) A group of Indians massacred a Union company.
(c) A group of Confederates ambushed some Federals.
(d) A group of Federal tunnelers blew up a Confederate company.
3. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
(a) To Catch an Ilness.
(b) To Destroy Life.
(c) To End a Life.
(d) To Catch a Theif.
4. What is taken from Sara's home during the visit by the men who come to Sara's while Inman is still asleep in her bed?
(a) Her infant.
(b) Three chickens and the hog.
(d) All her money and valuable possessions.
5. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
(a) He orders them hung.
(b) He orders that they be allowed to go free.
(c) He orders them arrested.
(d) He orders them shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Inman become upset about Ada's reaction to his story?
2. What does Inman do with the saw?
3. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
4. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
5. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)