|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom is the letter Ruby brings Ada in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
(b) A solicitor.
(d) Her cousin.
2. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
(a) She is injured in a rock slide.
(b) She is lost in the dark.
(c) She becomes attached to a blackthorn tree.
(d) She is cornered by a mother bear protecting her cub.
3. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
(a) Laura is the war widow Inman meets beside Deep River.
(b) Laura is the wife of a farmer Inman helps by cutting up a bull that has died in the river by his farm.
(c) Laura is the woman the preacher has gotten pregnant and wants to kill to hide his indiscretion.
(d) Laura is the sister of a Home Guardsmen who ambushes Inman at Deep River.
4. Who tells Ruby and Ada about the shooting of Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) One of the men who shot them.
(b) The Georgia boy.
(c) One of the outliers.
(d) The boy from Tennessee.
5. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
(a) A group of deserters hiding from the Home Guard.
(b) A Confederate army unit.
(c) A group of gypsies downstream from him.
(d) A group of fugitives fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
2. What is Ada looking for when she goes searching in the basement?
3. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
4. What does Inman discover as he stops to fill a canteen in the chapter, A Vow to Bear?
5. What is the topic of conversation when Ruby and Ada visit a friend in the chapter Source and Root?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)