|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pangle?
(a) Ruby's brother.
(b) Ada's cousin.
(c) A new cow Ruby brings home.
(d) A gentle, child-like man and companion to Stobrod.
2. Why does Veasey hit his companion over the head in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) Because he attempted to steal Inman's haversack.
(b) Because he attempted to molest a woman on the street.
(c) Because he refused to pay a prostitute for her services.
(d) Because he attempted to rob a shop keeper.
3. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Marry her.
4. Who joins Ada and Ruby for supper as they enjoy what will most likely be their final dinner outside that fall?
5. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Inman takes a book and money he took from his neighbor who has died.
(b) Inman takes his readied haversack and a picture he admired that belonged to his now dead neighbor.
(c) Inman takes his readied haversack and the manuscript Balis was working on.
(d) Inman takes nothing but a change of clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
2. Who comes to Sara's house the next morning after she and Inman share a bed?
3. What type of saw do Inman and Veasey find?
4. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
5. How is Teague dressed?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)