|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
(a) About the attacks by Federals against women and children in Tennessee.
(b) About the death of a dear friend in the war.
(c) About the Home Guard and the Cherokees fighting the Federals.
(d) About the most recent battles in the war.
2. What does Ruby instruct Ada to do while she is in town trading for beef?
(a) Plow the fields.
(b) Milk the cow.
(c) Build a scarecrow.
(d) Split logs and burn brush.
3. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
(a) The approach of diry, smelly men.
(b) That the corn is spoiled.
(c) A dead animal.
(d) Real food being cooked.
4. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Make love to her.
5. Why does Sara agree to launder and mend Inman's clothes?
(a) In payment for him slaughtering her hog.
(b) In payment for farm work Inman agrees to do.
(c) In payment for food Inman gives her.
(d) In payment for repairs he agrees to do to her cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
2. What does Inman steal while at the same time leaving money for its cost?
3. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
4. Where was Stobrod the last time Ruby heard of him?
5. Why does Inman become upset about Ada's reaction to his story?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)