|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
(a) He pulled her into his lap for a kiss.
(b) She was drunk and became unstable.
(c) She became faint and giddy.
(d) She was attempting to seduce him.
2. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
3. How did this person get his nickname?
(a) He once broke an expensive vase.
(b) He was married to a woman named Inna.
(c) He was expected to have been a girl.
(d) He was nearly beaten to death with a short, straight piece of wood.
4. What crime does this farmer believe his wife has committed?
(b) Robbery of a local store.
5. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot milk a cow.
(b) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
(c) Ada cannot cook.
(d) Ada cannot sew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Stobrod claim is Ruby's true father?
2. Where does Ruby live while helping Ada at Black Cove?
3. In the chapter, A Satisfied Mind, what does Ruby take into town to trade for beef?
4. Who does Inman meet as he comes to the end of his map in the chapter, The Doing of It?
5. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)