|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Veasey and Inman after they leave the farmer's home?
(a) They are placed in a new army regiment.
(b) They are put in jail.
(c) They are forced to pledge allegiance to the Union.
(d) They are shot by the Home Guard.
2. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
3. Why did Ada believe she was the product of a marriage of convenience?
(a) Because her father told her she was.
(b) Because her parents were older when they married.
(c) Because her mother told her she was.
(d) Because her parents divorced soon after her birth.
4. What is Ada looking for when she goes searching in the basement?
(a) Signs of rodents.
(b) Wine she thinks her father hid there.
(c) A rare book her father kept there.
(d) Champagne left from a party.
5. What is taken from Sara's home during the visit by the men who come to Sara's while Inman is still asleep in her bed?
(a) Her infant.
(b) Three chickens and the hog.
(d) All her money and valuable possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
2. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
3. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
4. What does Inman steal while at the same time leaving money for its cost?
5. What does Ruby find in the trap she set in the cornfield?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)