|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom is the letter Ruby brings Ada in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
(c) A solicitor.
(d) Her cousin.
2. What story does Ada recall Inman telling her?
(a) An Indian story about a tribe's inability to enter the hidden room behind Shining Rock.
(b) An Indian story about the origins of Cold Mountain.
(c) How Swimmer once taught him a spell called To Cause Grave Illness.
(d) The story of his birth and early childhood.
3. What does Ada find in the basement of her house?
(a) A nest of rats.
(b) A stack of rare books.
(c) A one-hundred pound bag of coffee.
(d) A case of champagne.
4. Who does Ruby suggest came up with the idea of celebrating Thanksgiving?
(a) Southern business men.
(b) Northern morphine addicts.
(c) Northern religious groups.
(d) Southern ladies' groups.
5. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Sixty years.
(d) Six weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
2. What animal does Stobrod claim is Ruby's true father?
3. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
4. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
5. What is taken from Sara's home during the visit by the men who come to Sara's while Inman is still asleep in her bed?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)