|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gun does Inman's companion carry?
(a) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
(b) A Remington.
(c) A LeMat's pistol.
(d) A Colt.
2. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her aunt's.
(c) Her grandparent's.
(d) Her cousin's.
3. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
4. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
(a) Laura is the wife of a farmer Inman helps by cutting up a bull that has died in the river by his farm.
(b) Laura is the war widow Inman meets beside Deep River.
(c) Laura is the sister of a Home Guardsmen who ambushes Inman at Deep River.
(d) Laura is the woman the preacher has gotten pregnant and wants to kill to hide his indiscretion.
5. Why does Inman walk into town?
(a) To show the doctors he is ready to return to his unit.
(b) To buy supplies
(c) To post a letter.
(d) To visit a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Veasey believe they should do with the saw?
2. What kind of food does Inman find in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
3. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
4. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
5. As Inman continues his journey, who does he come across who helps him?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)