|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Stobrod claim is Ruby's true father?
(a) A bear.
(b) A horse.
(c) A lion.
(d) A heron.
2. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
(b) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
(c) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
(d) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
3. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
(a) Wild humans.
(b) Wild boars.
(c) Wild dogs.
(d) Wild leopards.
4. What does Ruby do with the trapped animal from the cornfield?
(a) Feeds him breakfast and threatens to shoot him if he steals from her again.
(b) Lets him go.
(c) Gives him supplies and directions.
(d) Feeds him to the cows.
5. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he became a politician.
(b) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
(c) That he became a preacher.
(d) That he married another young woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
2. What does Ruby instruct Ada to do while she is in town trading for beef?
3. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
4. What does Ruby suggest Ada sell to generate some money to help them survive the winter?
5. Who does Inman meet who is in search of a slave he fell in love with on his father's prosperous farm?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)