|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ruby's father?
(b) Stobrod Thewes.
(c) Inman's cousin.
2. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
(b) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
(c) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
(d) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
3. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
(b) Neither. Inman is not a soldier.
(d) Both. Inman is a neutral scout.
4. Why does Inman's progress begin to slow in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) Inman is injured, both from a wound to the head and the wound in his neck from the war battle.
(b) Inman has contracted an illness in his chest, is running a fever, and is delirious.
(c) Inman has begun to starve to death and the malnutrition is making him so sick he cannot walk very well.
(d) Inman is beginning to doubt his decision to walk away from his committment to the army and is considering returning.
5. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From his mother.
(b) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
(c) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
(d) From his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
2. Which of Teague's men argues that they need to bring in a living prisoner?
3. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
4. What does Inman do with the preacher?
5. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)