|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food does Inman find in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) Honey and catfish.
(b) Fresh deer meat.
(c) Cheese and chicken.
(d) A fresh vegetable garden.
2. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
(d) South Carolina.
3. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
(a) Ada has plenty of money to live on.
(b) There is no money left.
(c) Ada should return to Charleston to inherit her money.
(d) The farm was left to Ada's cousin, making her dependent on family for income.
4. What does Ruby talk extensively about as she and Ada walk into town in the chapter, Source and Root?
5. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
(a) A group of gypsies downstream from him.
(b) A group of fugitives fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
(c) A Confederate army unit.
(d) A group of deserters hiding from the Home Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the farmer who invites Inman and Veasey to spend the night at his farm after they help him remove a dead bull from the river?
2. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
3. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
4. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
5. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)