|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
(a) Real food being cooked.
(b) The approach of diry, smelly men.
(c) A dead animal.
(d) That the corn is spoiled.
2. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
(a) The Federals.
(b) A group of women and children fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
(c) A group of deserters from Fredricksburg.
(d) The Home Guard.
3. What does Inman say happened in Petersburg?
(a) A group of Indians massacred a Union company.
(b) A group of Federal tunnelers blew up a Confederate company.
(c) A group of Confederates ambushed some Federals.
(d) A group of Home Guardsmen murdered a group of deserters.
4. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
(a) A farm near Cold Mountain.
(b) A cabin in the woods.
(c) A military camp.
(d) A military hospital.
5. Who does Inman meet as he comes to the end of his map in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) A war bride.
(b) A dedicated preacher.
(c) An old hermit woman.
(d) A band of gypsies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
2. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
3. Who do Ada and Ruby go to visit while in town in the chapter, Source and Root?
4. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
5. Who is Ruby's father?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)