|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Stobrod the last time Ruby heard of him?
(a) In the army at Sharpsburg.
(b) In prison.
(c) In the Home Guard roaming Cold Mountain.
(d) In the hospital in Charleston.
2. Why did Monroe not marry Ada's mother when they were both younger?
(a) Her father would not allow the marriage to take place.
(b) He caught her kissing another man.
(c) She was already married to someone else.
(d) He did not meet her till they were older.
3. How is Teague dressed?
(a) Like a preacher.
(b) Like a mountain man.
(c) Like a law man.
(d) Like a soldier.
4. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
5. Why does Inman become upset about Ada's reaction to his story?
(a) Ada belittles Inman for believing in the story.
(b) Ada laughs at the story.
(c) Ada says the story is false.
(d) Ada calls the story folkloric.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
2. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
3. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
4. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
5. Who joins Inman on his journey in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)