|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
(a) Real food being cooked.
(b) A dead animal.
(c) The approach of diry, smelly men.
(d) That the corn is spoiled.
2. Why does Sara agree to launder and mend Inman's clothes?
(a) In payment for farm work Inman agrees to do.
(b) In payment for him slaughtering her hog.
(c) In payment for repairs he agrees to do to her cabin.
(d) In payment for food Inman gives her.
3. What instrument does Ada and Ruby's guest play?
(a) A fiddle.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A banjo.
(d) A set of drums.
4. Who does Ruby suggest came up with the idea of celebrating Thanksgiving?
(a) Southern ladies' groups.
(b) Northern morphine addicts.
(c) Southern business men.
(d) Northern religious groups.
5. Why is a group of people drawn to the street underneath the window of a prisoner?
(a) Because the prisoner is threatening to commit suicide.
(b) Because the prisoner is explaining how he is a war hero who only came home to see his wife.
(c) Because the prisoner is claiming police brutality.
(d) Because the prisoner is claiming that he was arrested on false charges and the real criminal is one of the policemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
2. What happens to Inman after he drinks some fluid Lila gave him?
3. Where does Ruby live while helping Ada at Black Cove?
4. Who comes to Ruby's rescue?
5. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)