|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Ada and Ruby's guest play?
(a) A fiddle.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A set of drums.
(d) A banjo.
2. How is Teague dressed?
(a) Like a soldier.
(b) Like a mountain man.
(c) Like a preacher.
(d) Like a law man.
3. Who is Ruby's father?
(b) Stobrod Thewes.
(d) Inman's cousin.
4. How did this person get his nickname?
(a) He was expected to have been a girl.
(b) He was nearly beaten to death with a short, straight piece of wood.
(c) He once broke an expensive vase.
(d) He was married to a woman named Inna.
5. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
(a) That she has killed her husband.
(b) That she has run away from her husband with all the family money.
(c) That he has impregnanted a woman not his fiancee.
(d) That he has stolen food from a nearby store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ruby suggest came up with the idea of celebrating Thanksgiving?
2. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
3. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
4. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
5. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)