|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Stobrod give for wanting to live at Black Cove?
(a) The new leader of the outliers, the deserters, wants them to rob rich slave owners.
(b) He wants to make amends to his daughter for her poor childhood.
(c) The Home Guard will never think he is a deserter if he lives on a farm in the open.
(d) The new leader of the deserters wants him to leave.
2. Why does Inman walk into town?
(a) To buy supplies
(b) To show the doctors he is ready to return to his unit.
(c) To post a letter.
(d) To visit a friend.
3. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
4. Why is a group of people drawn to the street underneath the window of a prisoner?
(a) Because the prisoner is explaining how he is a war hero who only came home to see his wife.
(b) Because the prisoner is claiming police brutality.
(c) Because the prisoner is claiming that he was arrested on false charges and the real criminal is one of the policemen.
(d) Because the prisoner is threatening to commit suicide.
5. What animal does Stobrod claim is Ruby's true father?
(a) A heron.
(b) A bear.
(c) A lion.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
2. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
3. Who comes to Ruby's rescue?
4. Why does Inman become upset about Ada's reaction to his story?
5. What happens to Veasey and Inman after they leave the farmer's home?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)