|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Sara's house the next morning after she and Inman share a bed?
(a) The local law.
(b) The local Home Guard.
(c) Three Federals.
(d) Several injured Confederates.
2. Where is Inman's companion planning on going?
(a) South Carolina.
3. Why is a group of people drawn to the street underneath the window of a prisoner?
(a) Because the prisoner is explaining how he is a war hero who only came home to see his wife.
(b) Because the prisoner is claiming that he was arrested on false charges and the real criminal is one of the policemen.
(c) Because the prisoner is claiming police brutality.
(d) Because the prisoner is threatening to commit suicide.
4. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
(a) At church.
(b) At the local school.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) At the local store.
5. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
(a) Real food being cooked.
(b) The approach of diry, smelly men.
(c) A dead animal.
(d) That the corn is spoiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
2. Who is Sara, a woman Inman meets in the chapter, Bride Bed Full of Blood?
3. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
4. What income did Ada and her father live on?
5. Where did Inman learn this spell?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)