|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot sew.
(b) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
(c) Ada cannot milk a cow.
(d) Ada cannot cook.
2. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
(a) Why man was created.
(b) Why man is born to die.
(c) Why man is burdened with free will.
(d) Why man is doomed to failure.
3. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(b) The Odyssy.
(c) The Legend of King Arthur and the Round Table.
(d) The Tale of the Green Knight.
4. Who do Ada and Ruby go to visit while in town in the chapter, Source and Root?
(a) Stobrod Trewes, Ruby's father.
(b) Mrs. McKennet, a friend of Monroe's.
(c) Teague, the leader of the Home Guard.
(d) Sally, a friend of Inman's.
5. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Make love to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Veasey believe they should do with the saw?
2. Who does Inman meet as he comes to the end of his map in the chapter, The Doing of It?
3. What object does Ruby instruct Ada to create in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
4. Who is Pangle?
5. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)