|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) To the barn to see a new horse.
(b) In a boat on the river.
(c) On a stroll in the woods.
(d) To an abandoned cabin.
2. Who is Pangle?
(a) A new cow Ruby brings home.
(b) A gentle, child-like man and companion to Stobrod.
(c) Ada's cousin.
(d) Ruby's brother.
3. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
(a) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who has married Inman's girl.
(b) Swimmer is a Cherokee friend of Inman's whom he is afraid might be fighting the Federals.
(c) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who is fighting the Federals in Tennessee.
(d) Swimmer is a childhood friend whom Inman believes is with the Home Guard.
4. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
(a) In the flatlands he is traveling through.
(b) In a big city in the East.
(c) At Black Cove with Ada.
(d) In a cabin high in the moutains.
5. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
(a) At the local store.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) At the local school.
(d) At church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
2. What do most Christians consider the fiddle, refer to it as?
3. What happens to the men who steal from Sara's home?
4. Why does Sara agree to launder and mend Inman's clothes?
5. Which of Teague's men argues that they need to bring in a living prisoner?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)