|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From his mother.
(b) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
(c) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
(d) From his father.
2. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he became a politician.
(b) That he married another young woman.
(c) That he became a preacher.
(d) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
3. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
(a) Ada feels she has nothing to go back to.
(b) Ada feels Cold Mountain is the only place where she belongs.
(c) Ada has bad memories of her childhood in Charleston.
(d) Ada does not like her relatives in Charleston.
4. What does Inman do to the farmer who sold him and Veasey?
(a) Sends the law to his house.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Steals away his wife.
(d) Clubs him to death with his gun.
5. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(c) Sir Gawain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
2. How is Teague dressed?
3. Who arrives while Ada and Ruby listen to the prisoner yelling from his second story prison cell?
4. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
5. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)