|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Travels by William Bartram.
(b) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(c) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
(d) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
2. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Inman takes nothing but a change of clothes.
(b) Inman takes his readied haversack and the manuscript Balis was working on.
(c) Inman takes a book and money he took from his neighbor who has died.
(d) Inman takes his readied haversack and a picture he admired that belonged to his now dead neighbor.
3. Who does Inman meet as he comes to the end of his map in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) A war bride.
(b) A band of gypsies.
(c) A dedicated preacher.
(d) An old hermit woman.
4. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
5. What happens to Veasey and Inman after they leave the farmer's home?
(a) They are put in jail.
(b) They are placed in a new army regiment.
(c) They are shot by the Home Guard.
(d) They are forced to pledge allegiance to the Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Inman write a letter to at the end of the first chapter?
2. What happens to the men who steal from Sara's home?
3. Why does Sara agree to launder and mend Inman's clothes?
4. Who comes to visit while Ada is at Black Cove alone in the chapter, A Satisfied Mind?
5. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)