|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ada believe she was the product of a marriage of convenience?
(a) Because her parents divorced soon after her birth.
(b) Because her mother told her she was.
(c) Because her parents were older when they married.
(d) Because her father told her she was.
2. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
(a) Sixty years.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six years.
3. Who saves Inman's companion from being shot in a standoff with a drunk?
(a) The barkeeper.
(b) The local sheriff.
(c) A prostitute named Tildy.
4. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
(b) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
(c) From his father.
(d) From his mother.
5. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
(a) A figure walking in snow.
(b) A figure walking in a corridor of trees.
(c) A figure running toward a river.
(d) A figure running in an open meadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
2. Who cuts the face of Inman's companion for haggling too much over price?
3. Where does Ruby live while helping Ada at Black Cove?
4. What does Ruby instruct Ada to do while she is in town trading for beef?
5. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)