|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
(b) From his father.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
2. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(b) Sir Gawain.
3. Why is a group of people drawn to the street underneath the window of a prisoner?
(a) Because the prisoner is claiming that he was arrested on false charges and the real criminal is one of the policemen.
(b) Because the prisoner is threatening to commit suicide.
(c) Because the prisoner is explaining how he is a war hero who only came home to see his wife.
(d) Because the prisoner is claiming police brutality.
4. What is the topic of conversation when Ruby and Ada visit a friend in the chapter Source and Root?
(a) The war and the horrible consequences.
(b) The war and the wounded from their town.
(c) The war and the nobility of the sacrifice the men have made.
(d) The war and the romance surrounding it.
5. What does Inman do with the preacher?
(a) Inman knocks him out and runs away while he is unconscious.
(b) Inman leaves him alone in the woods, naked and without a weapon.
(c) Inman ties him to a tree with a confession written above him.
(d) Inman turns him over to the local law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
2. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
3. What does Ruby suggest Ada sell to generate some money to help them survive the winter?
4. What happens to Veasey and Inman after they leave the farmer's home?
5. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)