|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
(a) A figure running in an open meadow.
(b) A figure walking in snow.
(c) A figure running toward a river.
(d) A figure walking in a corridor of trees.
2. What is taken from Sara's home during the visit by the men who come to Sara's while Inman is still asleep in her bed?
(a) All her money and valuable possessions.
(c) Three chickens and the hog.
(d) Her infant.
3. What does Ruby do with the trapped animal from the cornfield?
(a) Feeds him to the cows.
(b) Gives him supplies and directions.
(c) Lets him go.
(d) Feeds him breakfast and threatens to shoot him if he steals from her again.
4. How did this person get his nickname?
(a) He was nearly beaten to death with a short, straight piece of wood.
(b) He once broke an expensive vase.
(c) He was married to a woman named Inna.
(d) He was expected to have been a girl.
5. Who does Inman run into in the middle of the night at Deep River?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A Home Guardsman.
(c) A war widow.
(d) A farmer with a wounded bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
2. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
3. Why does Sara agree to launder and mend Inman's clothes?
4. Where was Stobrod the last time Ruby heard of him?
5. What does Inman do with the preacher?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)