|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Satisfied Mind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
(a) Why man is doomed to failure.
(b) Why man was created.
(c) Why man is born to die.
(d) Why man is burdened with free will.
2. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
(a) A figure walking in a corridor of trees.
(b) A figure walking in snow.
(c) A figure running in an open meadow.
(d) A figure running toward a river.
3. What does Ruby talk extensively about as she and Ada walk into town in the chapter, Source and Root?
4. Who comes to Sara's house the next morning after she and Inman share a bed?
(a) Three Federals.
(b) The local law.
(c) Several injured Confederates.
(d) The local Home Guard.
5. What does Inman do with the saw?
(a) Trades it for food.
(b) Cuts up a dead bull and then gives it to a farmer.
(c) As a weapon in a robbery.
(d) Cuts up fire wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Veasey hit his companion over the head in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
2. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
3. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
4. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
5. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)