|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
(a) Swimmer is a childhood friend whom Inman believes is with the Home Guard.
(b) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who is fighting the Federals in Tennessee.
(c) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who has married Inman's girl.
(d) Swimmer is a Cherokee friend of Inman's whom he is afraid might be fighting the Federals.
2. How does Inman escape his ordeal after leaving the farmer's home?
(a) Inman survives the shooting and is able to cut his restraints with a rock.
(b) Inman and Veasey decide they are better off where they are and do nothing.
(c) Inman and Veasey run away in the middle of the night.
(d) Inman and Veasey are rescued by Lila, the farmer's wife.
3. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
(b) From his mother.
(c) From his father.
(d) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
4. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
(a) Stobrod leaves him alone, causing him to be mauled by a bear.
(b) Stobrod burned down his house while helping him burn logs.
(c) Stobrod got him arrested by distilling illegal liquor on his property.
(d) Stobrod left him alone, causing him to become trapped under some logs.
5. What does Veasey believe they should do with the saw?
(a) Trade it for food.
(b) Use it to murder a prostitute who crossed them.
(c) Sell it for money.
(d) Give it to a farmer in need.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
2. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
3. What kind of gun does Inman's companion carry?
4. Why did Monroe not marry Ada's mother when they were both younger?
5. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)