|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) On a stroll in the woods.
(b) To the barn to see a new horse.
(c) In a boat on the river.
(d) To an abandoned cabin.
2. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
(a) A Spanish text.
(b) A Greek text.
(c) A French text.
(d) A Latin text.
3. What does Inman do with the preacher?
(a) Inman leaves him alone in the woods, naked and without a weapon.
(b) Inman ties him to a tree with a confession written above him.
(c) Inman knocks him out and runs away while he is unconscious.
(d) Inman turns him over to the local law.
4. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
(a) A cabin in the woods.
(b) A military camp.
(c) A farm near Cold Mountain.
(d) A military hospital.
5. What is the name of the farmer who invites Inman and Veasey to spend the night at his farm after they help him remove a dead bull from the river?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
2. What does Ruby talk extensively about as she and Ada walk into town in the chapter, Source and Root?
3. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
4. What crime does this farmer believe his wife has committed?
5. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)