|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Inman meet who is in search of a slave he fell in love with on his father's prosperous farm?
2. What is Ada looking for when she goes searching in the basement?
(a) A rare book her father kept there.
(b) Champagne left from a party.
(c) Signs of rodents.
(d) Wine she thinks her father hid there.
3. What does Ruby suggest Ada sell to generate some money to help them survive the winter?
(a) Either the coffee or the tabacco crop.
(b) Either the piano or the cabriolet.
(c) Either the hog or the horse.
(d) Either the house or a few acres of land.
4. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
(a) About the attacks by Federals against women and children in Tennessee.
(b) About the Home Guard and the Cherokees fighting the Federals.
(c) About the most recent battles in the war.
(d) About the death of a dear friend in the war.
5. What does Veasey believe they should do with the saw?
(a) Give it to a farmer in need.
(b) Use it to murder a prostitute who crossed them.
(c) Trade it for food.
(d) Sell it for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
2. Who is Claire Duchutes?
3. What type of saw do Inman and Veasey find?
4. What does Ada find in the basement of her house?
5. Who is Ruby's father?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)