|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
(a) Ada has sold the farm with the intention of returning to Charleston.
(b) Ada has done nothing on the farm.
(c) Ada has taken the farm in hand and is running it efficiently.
(d) Ada has hired a neighbor to care for the farm.
2. Why did Ada believe she was the product of a marriage of convenience?
(a) Because her parents divorced soon after her birth.
(b) Because her mother told her she was.
(c) Because her father told her she was.
(d) Because her parents were older when they married.
3. Why does Veasey hit his companion over the head in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) Because he attempted to molest a woman on the street.
(b) Because he refused to pay a prostitute for her services.
(c) Because he attempted to rob a shop keeper.
(d) Because he attempted to steal Inman's haversack.
4. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
(a) A Confederate army unit.
(b) A group of fugitives fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
(c) A group of deserters hiding from the Home Guard.
(d) A group of gypsies downstream from him.
5. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
(a) Peanuts and newspapers.
(b) Bibles and hot dogs.
(c) Chestnuts and drawings.
(d) Medicine and peanuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
2. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
3. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
4. Which of Teague's men argues that they need to bring in a living prisoner?
5. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)