|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
(a) To send an enemy to jail for their crimes.
(b) To cause an enemy to catch a terrible, disfiguring illness.
(c) To cause one's enemies to go to Nightland alone, covered in dog excrement, and blue with despair.
(d) To cause an enemy to die in his sleep.
2. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
(a) Wild dogs.
(b) Wild leopards.
(c) Wild boars.
(d) Wild humans.
3. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
(a) Neither. Inman is not a soldier.
(c) Both. Inman is a neutral scout.
4. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Marry her.
5. Who does the farmer sell Inman and Veasey to for $5 a head?
(a) The Federals.
(b) The Home Guard.
(c) The local law.
(d) The Confederate Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a group of people drawn to the street underneath the window of a prisoner?
2. Why does Inman believe the person he sees at Deep River is up to no good?
3. Why did Ada believe she was the product of a marriage of convenience?
4. Why did Monroe not marry Ada's mother when they were both younger?
5. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)