|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
(a) Why man is born to die.
(b) Why man was created.
(c) Why man is doomed to failure.
(d) Why man is burdened with free will.
2. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
(a) South Carolina.
3. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
(a) A figure walking in a corridor of trees.
(b) A figure running in an open meadow.
(c) A figure walking in snow.
(d) A figure running toward a river.
4. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
(b) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(c) Travels by William Bartram.
(d) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
5. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
(a) A farm near Cold Mountain.
(b) A military hospital.
(c) A cabin in the woods.
(d) A military camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
2. What is the name of the farmer who invites Inman and Veasey to spend the night at his farm after they help him remove a dead bull from the river?
3. Who joins Inman on his journey in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering?
4. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
5. What does Inman steal while at the same time leaving money for its cost?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)