|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot cook.
(b) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
(c) Ada cannot sew.
(d) Ada cannot milk a cow.
2. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
(a) Stobrod burned down his house while helping him burn logs.
(b) Stobrod leaves him alone, causing him to be mauled by a bear.
(c) Stobrod left him alone, causing him to become trapped under some logs.
(d) Stobrod got him arrested by distilling illegal liquor on his property.
3. Who do Ada and Ruby go to visit while in town in the chapter, Source and Root?
(a) Stobrod Trewes, Ruby's father.
(b) Teague, the leader of the Home Guard.
(c) Sally, a friend of Inman's.
(d) Mrs. McKennet, a friend of Monroe's.
4. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
(a) About the most recent battles in the war.
(b) About the Home Guard and the Cherokees fighting the Federals.
(c) About the death of a dear friend in the war.
(d) About the attacks by Federals against women and children in Tennessee.
5. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
(a) At the local school.
(b) At the local store.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) At church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ada believe she was the product of a marriage of convenience?
2. What is the topic of conversation when Ruby and Ada visit a friend in the chapter Source and Root?
3. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
4. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
5. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)