|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Claire Duchutes?
(a) Ada's mother.
(b) Inman's mother.
(c) Monroe's mother.
(d) Ruby's mother.
2. What kind of food does Inman find in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) Fresh deer meat.
(b) Honey and catfish.
(c) Cheese and chicken.
(d) A fresh vegetable garden.
3. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
(a) Ada does not like her relatives in Charleston.
(b) Ada feels Cold Mountain is the only place where she belongs.
(c) Ada has bad memories of her childhood in Charleston.
(d) Ada feels she has nothing to go back to.
4. Who joins Inman on his journey in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) The blind man from the military hospital.
(b) The preacher, Solomon Veasey.
(c) The Home Guardsman, Teague.
(d) His childhood friend, Swimmer.
5. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) The Legend of King Arthur and the Round Table.
(c) The Odyssy.
(d) The Tale of the Green Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cuts the face of Inman's companion for haggling too much over price?
2. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
3. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
4. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
5. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)