|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
2. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
(a) Laura is the wife of a farmer Inman helps by cutting up a bull that has died in the river by his farm.
(b) Laura is the war widow Inman meets beside Deep River.
(c) Laura is the woman the preacher has gotten pregnant and wants to kill to hide his indiscretion.
(d) Laura is the sister of a Home Guardsmen who ambushes Inman at Deep River.
3. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) The Legend of King Arthur and the Round Table.
(b) The Tale of the Green Knight.
(c) The Odyssy.
4. What kind of food does Inman find in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) A fresh vegetable garden.
(b) Fresh deer meat.
(c) Honey and catfish.
(d) Cheese and chicken.
5. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) To an abandoned cabin.
(b) On a stroll in the woods.
(c) In a boat on the river.
(d) To the barn to see a new horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby talk extensively about as she and Ada walk into town in the chapter, Source and Root?
2. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
3. Who does Inman meet who is in search of a slave he fell in love with on his father's prosperous farm?
4. How is Teague dressed?
5. Why does Ruby come to Black Cove?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)