|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Inman write a letter to at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Inman writes a letter to his brother.
(b) Inman writes a letter to his mother.
(c) Inman writes a letter to the girl he met the summer he spent in the woods attempting to learn the Cherokee ways.
(d) Inman writes a letter to the girl who sat on his lap four years ago.
2. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A horse.
(c) A hog.
(d) A cow.
3. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
(b) From his father.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
4. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
(a) That he wants to be a preacher one day.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That he is afraid of being killed in battle.
(d) That he wants to be president of the new Confederacy.
5. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
(b) Neither. Inman is not a soldier.
(c) Both. Inman is a neutral scout.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Inman continues his journey, who does he come across who helps him?
2. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
3. Why does Inman walk into town?
4. Who does the farmer sell Inman and Veasey to for $5 a head?
5. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)