|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) To an abandoned cabin.
(b) In a boat on the river.
(c) On a stroll in the woods.
(d) To the barn to see a new horse.
2. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
(a) Ada's father had tuberculosis.
(b) Ada had tuberculosis.
(c) Ada's grandfather had tuberculosis.
(d) Ada's mother had tuberculosis.
3. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
(a) The raft falls apart.
(b) The ferry sinks.
(c) The boat's owner chases after him.
(d) Someone begins firing at the canoe.
4. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
(a) In a canoe piloted by the daughter of the ferryman.
(b) On a small raft someone has left abandoned.
(c) On a ferry.
(d) In a boat he finds tied to a tree on the shore.
5. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
(a) Because the preacher attempted to rob Inman.
(b) Because the preacher attempted to kill Inman.
(c) Because the preacher attempted to kill an innocent girl to hide his sins.
(d) Becase the preacher threatened to turn Inman in to the Home Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Stobrod claim is Ruby's true father?
2. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
3. Who is Ruby's father?
4. Where did Inman learn this spell?
5. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)