|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
(a) Ada should return to Charleston to inherit her money.
(b) The farm was left to Ada's cousin, making her dependent on family for income.
(c) Ada has plenty of money to live on.
(d) There is no money left.
2. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
(b) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
(c) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
(d) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
3. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
(a) Ada has taken the farm in hand and is running it efficiently.
(b) Ada has hired a neighbor to care for the farm.
(c) Ada has done nothing on the farm.
(d) Ada has sold the farm with the intention of returning to Charleston.
4. As Inman continues his journey, who does he come across who helps him?
(b) A yellow slave.
(d) A war widow.
5. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot sew.
(b) Ada cannot cook.
(c) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
(d) Ada cannot milk a cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
2. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
3. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
4. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
5. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)