|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is a group of people drawn to the street underneath the window of a prisoner?
(a) Because the prisoner is threatening to commit suicide.
(b) Because the prisoner is claiming police brutality.
(c) Because the prisoner is explaining how he is a war hero who only came home to see his wife.
(d) Because the prisoner is claiming that he was arrested on false charges and the real criminal is one of the policemen.
2. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
(a) Ada had tuberculosis.
(b) Ada's grandfather had tuberculosis.
(c) Ada's father had tuberculosis.
(d) Ada's mother had tuberculosis.
3. Which general does Inman claim he prefers?
4. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
5. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
(a) Chestnuts and drawings.
(b) Peanuts and newspapers.
(c) Bibles and hot dogs.
(d) Medicine and peanuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Inman's companion from being shot in a standoff with a drunk?
2. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
3. What crime does this farmer believe his wife has committed?
4. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
5. Who arrives while Ada and Ruby listen to the prisoner yelling from his second story prison cell?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)