|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the farmer sell Inman and Veasey to for $5 a head?
(a) The local law.
(b) The Federals.
(c) The Confederate Army.
(d) The Home Guard.
2. What is the topic of conversation when Ruby and Ada visit a friend in the chapter Source and Root?
(a) The war and the horrible consequences.
(b) The war and the romance surrounding it.
(c) The war and the wounded from their town.
(d) The war and the nobility of the sacrifice the men have made.
3. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
(a) She became faint and giddy.
(b) He pulled her into his lap for a kiss.
(c) She was drunk and became unstable.
(d) She was attempting to seduce him.
4. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
(a) That he wants to be a preacher one day.
(b) That he wants to be president of the new Confederacy.
(c) That he is afraid of being killed in battle.
(d) That he is in love with her.
5. What does Inman do with the saw?
(a) Cuts up fire wood.
(b) Cuts up a dead bull and then gives it to a farmer.
(c) Trades it for food.
(d) As a weapon in a robbery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food does Inman find in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
2. Who is Ruby's father?
3. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
4. Who comes to Ruby's rescue?
5. Why did Ada believe she was the product of a marriage of convenience?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)