|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ruby live while helping Ada at Black Cove?
(a) In the old servants' cabin.
(b) In the barn with the animals.
(c) In the house with Ada.
(d) In town.
2. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) The Legend of King Arthur and the Round Table.
(b) The Tale of the Green Knight.
(d) The Odyssy.
3. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
(a) That he wants to be president of the new Confederacy.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That he is afraid of being killed in battle.
(d) That he wants to be a preacher one day.
4. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
(a) A Confederate army unit.
(b) A group of deserters hiding from the Home Guard.
(c) A group of fugitives fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
(d) A group of gypsies downstream from him.
5. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
(a) About the death of a dear friend in the war.
(b) About the attacks by Federals against women and children in Tennessee.
(c) About the most recent battles in the war.
(d) About the Home Guard and the Cherokees fighting the Federals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
2. What does Inman do to help Laura?
3. Where did Inman learn this spell?
4. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
5. What type of saw do Inman and Veasey find?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)