|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Inman escape his ordeal after leaving the farmer's home?
(a) Inman and Veasey run away in the middle of the night.
(b) Inman and Veasey are rescued by Lila, the farmer's wife.
(c) Inman and Veasey decide they are better off where they are and do nothing.
(d) Inman survives the shooting and is able to cut his restraints with a rock.
2. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) A cow.
(b) A hog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A chicken.
3. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
(a) Stobrod left him alone, causing him to become trapped under some logs.
(b) Stobrod burned down his house while helping him burn logs.
(c) Stobrod leaves him alone, causing him to be mauled by a bear.
(d) Stobrod got him arrested by distilling illegal liquor on his property.
4. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he became a politician.
(b) That he became a preacher.
(c) That he married another young woman.
(d) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
5. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
(a) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
(b) A leather medicine bag.
(c) A picture of an unknown woman.
(d) A LeMat's pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
2. Why does Inman believe the person he sees at Deep River is up to no good?
3. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
4. What crime does this farmer believe his wife has committed?
5. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)