|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inman do to help Laura?
(a) Inman seduces Laura and agrees to marry her.
(b) Inman takes Laura to a settlement where she might find her husband.
(c) Inman save Laura from a group of Federals who want to steal her only means of survival.
(d) Inman returns her to her home, safe and sound.
2. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
(a) She is lost in the dark.
(b) She is injured in a rock slide.
(c) She becomes attached to a blackthorn tree.
(d) She is cornered by a mother bear protecting her cub.
3. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
(b) From his mother.
(c) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
(d) From his father.
4. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
(a) At Black Cove with Ada.
(b) In the flatlands he is traveling through.
(c) In a cabin high in the moutains.
(d) In a big city in the East.
5. Why is a group of people drawn to the street underneath the window of a prisoner?
(a) Because the prisoner is threatening to commit suicide.
(b) Because the prisoner is claiming police brutality.
(c) Because the prisoner is claiming that he was arrested on false charges and the real criminal is one of the policemen.
(d) Because the prisoner is explaining how he is a war hero who only came home to see his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Inman write a letter to at the end of the first chapter?
2. What does Ruby suggest Ada sell to generate some money to help them survive the winter?
3. What does Inman say happened in Petersburg?
4. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
5. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)