|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ada find in the basement of her house?
(a) A one-hundred pound bag of coffee.
(b) A nest of rats.
(c) A case of champagne.
(d) A stack of rare books.
2. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
(a) He pulled her into his lap for a kiss.
(b) She was drunk and became unstable.
(c) She was attempting to seduce him.
(d) She became faint and giddy.
3. Who does Ruby suggest came up with the idea of celebrating Thanksgiving?
(a) Northern morphine addicts.
(b) Southern ladies' groups.
(c) Northern religious groups.
(d) Southern business men.
4. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
(a) On a small raft someone has left abandoned.
(b) In a canoe piloted by the daughter of the ferryman.
(c) On a ferry.
(d) In a boat he finds tied to a tree on the shore.
5. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From his mother.
(b) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
(c) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
(d) From his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
2. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
3. As Inman continues his journey, who does he come across who helps him?
4. What does Ruby suggest Ada sell to generate some money to help them survive the winter?
5. What does Ruby talk extensively about as she and Ada walk into town in the chapter, Source and Root?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)