|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What income did Ada and her father live on?
(a) Investments only.
(b) An inheritance from the family of Ada's mother.
(c) An investment and a small section of the farm.
(d) The farm only.
2. What happens to Veasey and Inman after they leave the farmer's home?
(a) They are shot by the Home Guard.
(b) They are put in jail.
(c) They are forced to pledge allegiance to the Union.
(d) They are placed in a new army regiment.
3. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
(a) Six months.
(b) Sixty years.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six years.
4. Why did Monroe not marry Ada's mother when they were both younger?
(a) Her father would not allow the marriage to take place.
(b) He caught her kissing another man.
(c) She was already married to someone else.
(d) He did not meet her till they were older.
5. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) A horse.
(b) A hog.
(c) A cow.
(d) A chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a group of people drawn to the street underneath the window of a prisoner?
2. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
3. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
4. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
5. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)