|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Ada and Ruby go to visit while in town in the chapter, Source and Root?
(a) Sally, a friend of Inman's.
(b) Teague, the leader of the Home Guard.
(c) Stobrod Trewes, Ruby's father.
(d) Mrs. McKennet, a friend of Monroe's.
2. Who joins Inman on his journey in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) The Home Guardsman, Teague.
(b) His childhood friend, Swimmer.
(c) The preacher, Solomon Veasey.
(d) The blind man from the military hospital.
3. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
(a) LeMats revolver.
(b) Whitworth .45 rifle.
(c) Colt .45 revolver.
(d) Reminton rifle.
4. Why does Inman believe the person he sees at Deep River is up to no good?
(a) There is a person bundled up on the back of his horse.
(b) The person has a weapon.
(c) The person blushes when questioned.
(d) The person appears nervous and incoherent.
5. What income did Ada and her father live on?
(a) The farm only.
(b) An inheritance from the family of Ada's mother.
(c) An investment and a small section of the farm.
(d) Investments only.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
2. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
3. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
4. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
5. Who arrives while Ada and Ruby listen to the prisoner yelling from his second story prison cell?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)