|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "To Live Like a Gamecock".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
(a) Six years.
(b) Sixty years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six weeks.
2. Why is a group of people drawn to the street underneath the window of a prisoner?
(a) Because the prisoner is claiming that he was arrested on false charges and the real criminal is one of the policemen.
(b) Because the prisoner is threatening to commit suicide.
(c) Because the prisoner is claiming police brutality.
(d) Because the prisoner is explaining how he is a war hero who only came home to see his wife.
3. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
(a) Why man was created.
(b) Why man is born to die.
(c) Why man is doomed to failure.
(d) Why man is burdened with free will.
4. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) The Legend of King Arthur and the Round Table.
(c) The Tale of the Green Knight.
(d) The Odyssy.
5. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
(a) Two women and a shopkeeper.
(b) Two men and a prostitute.
(c) Two men and a blacksmith.
(d) Two women and a blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What income did Ada and her father live on?
2. What is the name of the farmer who invites Inman and Veasey to spend the night at his farm after they help him remove a dead bull from the river?
3. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
4. Who does Ruby suggest came up with the idea of celebrating Thanksgiving?
5. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)