|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
2. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
(a) Ada has plenty of money to live on.
(b) The farm was left to Ada's cousin, making her dependent on family for income.
(c) Ada should return to Charleston to inherit her money.
(d) There is no money left.
3. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
(a) Because the preacher attempted to kill an innocent girl to hide his sins.
(b) Because the preacher attempted to rob Inman.
(c) Because the preacher attempted to kill Inman.
(d) Becase the preacher threatened to turn Inman in to the Home Guard.
4. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
(a) That he wants to be president of the new Confederacy.
(b) That he wants to be a preacher one day.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he is afraid of being killed in battle.
5. Who comes to Ruby's rescue?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A hunter.
(c) Her father.
(d) A fisherman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman do with the preacher?
2. What kind of gun does Inman's companion carry?
3. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
4. Who do Ada and Ruby go to visit while in town in the chapter, Source and Root?
5. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)