|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Inman's companion from being shot in a standoff with a drunk?
(b) A prostitute named Tildy.
(c) The barkeeper.
(d) The local sheriff.
2. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
(a) She became faint and giddy.
(b) He pulled her into his lap for a kiss.
(c) She was attempting to seduce him.
(d) She was drunk and became unstable.
3. Who do Ada and Ruby go to visit while in town in the chapter, Source and Root?
(a) Mrs. McKennet, a friend of Monroe's.
(b) Sally, a friend of Inman's.
(c) Stobrod Trewes, Ruby's father.
(d) Teague, the leader of the Home Guard.
4. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
(b) Sally Swanger.
5. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot milk a cow.
(b) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
(c) Ada cannot cook.
(d) Ada cannot sew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ada find in the basement of her house?
2. Which of Teague's men argues that they need to bring in a living prisoner?
3. What does Inman say happened in Petersburg?
4. Who comes to Ruby's rescue?
5. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)