|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
(a) To Catch an Ilness.
(b) To Destroy Life.
(c) To Catch a Theif.
(d) To End a Life.
2. Why did Monroe not marry Ada's mother when they were both younger?
(a) He did not meet her till they were older.
(b) Her father would not allow the marriage to take place.
(c) She was already married to someone else.
(d) He caught her kissing another man.
3. Where was Stobrod the last time Ruby heard of him?
(a) In prison.
(b) In the hospital in Charleston.
(c) In the army at Sharpsburg.
(d) In the Home Guard roaming Cold Mountain.
4. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
(a) In a cabin high in the moutains.
(b) In a big city in the East.
(c) In the flatlands he is traveling through.
(d) At Black Cove with Ada.
5. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
(a) Run away and hide.
(b) Cowar as the visitors raid their supplies.
(c) Offer up their money and a few animals for food.
(d) Feed them a chicken dinner and give them supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
2. What income did Ada and her father live on?
3. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
4. Why did Ada believe she was the product of a marriage of convenience?
5. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)