|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
(a) A leather medicine bag.
(b) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
(c) A picture of an unknown woman.
(d) A LeMat's pistol.
2. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
(a) She is lost in the dark.
(b) She is injured in a rock slide.
(c) She is cornered by a mother bear protecting her cub.
(d) She becomes attached to a blackthorn tree.
3. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
(a) A figure running toward a river.
(b) A figure running in an open meadow.
(c) A figure walking in a corridor of trees.
(d) A figure walking in snow.
4. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) To the barn to see a new horse.
(b) In a boat on the river.
(c) On a stroll in the woods.
(d) To an abandoned cabin.
5. Which of Teague's men argues that they need to bring in a living prisoner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
2. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
3. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
4. Who is Ruby's father?
5. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)