|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
(a) That the corn is spoiled.
(b) Real food being cooked.
(c) A dead animal.
(d) The approach of diry, smelly men.
2. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
(a) At Black Cove with Ada.
(b) In the flatlands he is traveling through.
(c) In a cabin high in the moutains.
(d) In a big city in the East.
3. What does Inman do with the preacher?
(a) Inman ties him to a tree with a confession written above him.
(b) Inman leaves him alone in the woods, naked and without a weapon.
(c) Inman knocks him out and runs away while he is unconscious.
(d) Inman turns him over to the local law.
4. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
(a) Her aunt's.
(b) Her grandparent's.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her cousin's.
5. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
(a) On a small raft someone has left abandoned.
(b) In a canoe piloted by the daughter of the ferryman.
(c) In a boat he finds tied to a tree on the shore.
(d) On a ferry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
2. What is the topic of conversation when Ruby and Ada visit a friend in the chapter Source and Root?
3. Who arrives while Ada and Ruby listen to the prisoner yelling from his second story prison cell?
4. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
5. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)