|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Travels by William Bartram.
(b) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
(c) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(d) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
2. How is Teague dressed?
(a) Like a preacher.
(b) Like a law man.
(c) Like a mountain man.
(d) Like a soldier.
3. Why is a group of people drawn to the street underneath the window of a prisoner?
(a) Because the prisoner is threatening to commit suicide.
(b) Because the prisoner is explaining how he is a war hero who only came home to see his wife.
(c) Because the prisoner is claiming that he was arrested on false charges and the real criminal is one of the policemen.
(d) Because the prisoner is claiming police brutality.
4. What income did Ada and her father live on?
(a) An investment and a small section of the farm.
(b) The farm only.
(c) Investments only.
(d) An inheritance from the family of Ada's mother.
5. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
(b) Ada cannot cook.
(c) Ada cannot sew.
(d) Ada cannot milk a cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
2. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
3. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
4. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
5. Who cuts the face of Inman's companion for haggling too much over price?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)