|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
(a) Ada's father had tuberculosis.
(b) Ada's grandfather had tuberculosis.
(c) Ada's mother had tuberculosis.
(d) Ada had tuberculosis.
2. Who joins Inman on his journey in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) The Home Guardsman, Teague.
(b) The blind man from the military hospital.
(c) His childhood friend, Swimmer.
(d) The preacher, Solomon Veasey.
3. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) To the barn to see a new horse.
(b) To an abandoned cabin.
(c) In a boat on the river.
(d) On a stroll in the woods.
4. Why did Ada believe she was the product of a marriage of convenience?
(a) Because her parents were older when they married.
(b) Because her mother told her she was.
(c) Because her parents divorced soon after her birth.
(d) Because her father told her she was.
5. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
2. What income did Ada and her father live on?
3. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
4. What kind of food does Inman find in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
5. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)