|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
(a) The horse and some coffee.
(b) The piano.
(c) The cabriolet and the hog.
(d) A few acres of land and the tabacco crop.
2. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At the local store.
(c) At the local school.
(d) At church.
3. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
(a) She is lost in the dark.
(b) She is injured in a rock slide.
(c) She becomes attached to a blackthorn tree.
(d) She is cornered by a mother bear protecting her cub.
4. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
(a) About the death of a dear friend in the war.
(b) About the Home Guard and the Cherokees fighting the Federals.
(c) About the most recent battles in the war.
(d) About the attacks by Federals against women and children in Tennessee.
5. Who does Ruby suggest came up with the idea of celebrating Thanksgiving?
(a) Northern religious groups.
(b) Southern business men.
(c) Northern morphine addicts.
(d) Southern ladies' groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
2. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
3. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
4. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
5. Who does Inman meet who is in search of a slave he fell in love with on his father's prosperous farm?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)