|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
(a) Because the preacher attempted to kill Inman.
(b) Because the preacher attempted to rob Inman.
(c) Becase the preacher threatened to turn Inman in to the Home Guard.
(d) Because the preacher attempted to kill an innocent girl to hide his sins.
2. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
(a) A Spanish text.
(b) A French text.
(c) A Greek text.
(d) A Latin text.
3. Why did Ada believe she was the product of a marriage of convenience?
(a) Because her mother told her she was.
(b) Because her parents were older when they married.
(c) Because her parents divorced soon after her birth.
(d) Because her father told her she was.
4. What kind of food does Inman find in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) Fresh deer meat.
(b) Honey and catfish.
(c) Cheese and chicken.
(d) A fresh vegetable garden.
5. Where is Inman's companion planning on going?
(c) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
2. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
3. Who saves Inman's companion from being shot in a standoff with a drunk?
4. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
5. Who does Inman write a letter to at the end of the first chapter?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)