|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
(a) Nashville, Tennessee.
(b) Dallas, Texas.
(c) Camden, South Carolina.
(d) Casper, Wyoming.
2. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
(a) Ada has done nothing on the farm.
(b) Ada has sold the farm with the intention of returning to Charleston.
(c) Ada has hired a neighbor to care for the farm.
(d) Ada has taken the farm in hand and is running it efficiently.
3. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
(a) Run away and hide.
(b) Cowar as the visitors raid their supplies.
(c) Offer up their money and a few animals for food.
(d) Feed them a chicken dinner and give them supplies.
4. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
(a) That he has impregnanted a woman not his fiancee.
(b) That she has run away from her husband with all the family money.
(c) That she has killed her husband.
(d) That he has stolen food from a nearby store.
5. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
(a) To cause an enemy to catch a terrible, disfiguring illness.
(b) To send an enemy to jail for their crimes.
(c) To cause one's enemies to go to Nightland alone, covered in dog excrement, and blue with despair.
(d) To cause an enemy to die in his sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
2. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
3. What is Ada looking for when she goes searching in the basement?
4. Who do Ada and Ruby go to visit while in town in the chapter, Source and Root?
5. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)