|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) In a boat on the river.
(b) To the barn to see a new horse.
(c) To an abandoned cabin.
(d) On a stroll in the woods.
2. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
(a) A Spanish text.
(b) A French text.
(c) A Latin text.
(d) A Greek text.
3. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
(a) That he wants to be president of the new Confederacy.
(b) That he is afraid of being killed in battle.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he wants to be a preacher one day.
4. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
5. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
(a) A figure walking in snow.
(b) A figure running toward a river.
(c) A figure running in an open meadow.
(d) A figure walking in a corridor of trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
2. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
3. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
4. Why is a group of people drawn to the street underneath the window of a prisoner?
5. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)