|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
2. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
(a) Why man is doomed to failure.
(b) Why man is born to die.
(c) Why man was created.
(d) Why man is burdened with free will.
3. What income did Ada and her father live on?
(a) An inheritance from the family of Ada's mother.
(b) The farm only.
(c) An investment and a small section of the farm.
(d) Investments only.
4. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
(a) That he was fighting the Federals but decided to return home.
(b) That the townspeople beat him and cut his hair.
(c) That he was forced out of the Home Guard for being too brutal.
(d) That he was robbed of all his possessions and decided to move on.
5. Where does Ruby live while helping Ada at Black Cove?
(a) In town.
(b) In the old servants' cabin.
(c) In the barn with the animals.
(d) In the house with Ada.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
2. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
3. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
4. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
5. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)