|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) A horse.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A hog.
(d) A cow.
2. Who does Inman run into in the middle of the night at Deep River?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A war widow.
(c) A Home Guardsman.
(d) A farmer with a wounded bull.
3. Who does Inman write a letter to at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Inman writes a letter to the girl he met the summer he spent in the woods attempting to learn the Cherokee ways.
(b) Inman writes a letter to his brother.
(c) Inman writes a letter to the girl who sat on his lap four years ago.
(d) Inman writes a letter to his mother.
4. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
(a) Laura is the war widow Inman meets beside Deep River.
(b) Laura is the sister of a Home Guardsmen who ambushes Inman at Deep River.
(c) Laura is the wife of a farmer Inman helps by cutting up a bull that has died in the river by his farm.
(d) Laura is the woman the preacher has gotten pregnant and wants to kill to hide his indiscretion.
5. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
(a) Because the preacher attempted to kill Inman.
(b) Because the preacher attempted to kill an innocent girl to hide his sins.
(c) Becase the preacher threatened to turn Inman in to the Home Guard.
(d) Because the preacher attempted to rob Inman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
2. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
3. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
4. What is the topic of conversation when Ruby and Ada visit a friend in the chapter Source and Root?
5. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)