|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Stobrod claim is Ruby's true father?
(a) A lion.
(b) A horse.
(c) A heron.
(d) A bear.
2. Why did Monroe not marry Ada's mother when they were both younger?
(a) Her father would not allow the marriage to take place.
(b) He caught her kissing another man.
(c) She was already married to someone else.
(d) He did not meet her till they were older.
3. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
(b) Travels by William Bartram.
(c) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(d) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
4. Which general does Inman claim he prefers?
5. What does Inman do to help Laura?
(a) Inman seduces Laura and agrees to marry her.
(b) Inman takes Laura to a settlement where she might find her husband.
(c) Inman save Laura from a group of Federals who want to steal her only means of survival.
(d) Inman returns her to her home, safe and sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives while Ada and Ruby listen to the prisoner yelling from his second story prison cell?
2. What does Inman steal while at the same time leaving money for its cost?
3. Why is a group of people drawn to the street underneath the window of a prisoner?
4. Who is Claire Duchutes?
5. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)