|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) A hog.
(b) A cow.
(c) A horse.
(d) A chicken.
2. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
(a) At Black Cove with Ada.
(b) In the flatlands he is traveling through.
(c) In a cabin high in the moutains.
(d) In a big city in the East.
3. Where is Inman's companion planning on going?
(a) South Carolina.
4. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
(a) Dallas, Texas.
(b) Nashville, Tennessee.
(c) Camden, South Carolina.
(d) Casper, Wyoming.
5. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
(b) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
(c) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
(d) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Inman learn this spell?
2. Who is Claire Duchutes?
3. Who does Ruby suggest came up with the idea of celebrating Thanksgiving?
4. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
5. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)