|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At church.
(c) At the local store.
(d) At the local school.
2. What income did Ada and her father live on?
(a) Investments only.
(b) An investment and a small section of the farm.
(c) An inheritance from the family of Ada's mother.
(d) The farm only.
3. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
(a) He pulled her into his lap for a kiss.
(b) She became faint and giddy.
(c) She was drunk and became unstable.
(d) She was attempting to seduce him.
4. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
(a) That he wants to be a preacher one day.
(b) That he wants to be president of the new Confederacy.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he is afraid of being killed in battle.
5. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) A hog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
2. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
3. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
4. Who is Claire Duchutes?
5. Which general does Inman claim he prefers?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)