|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
(a) Ada has bad memories of her childhood in Charleston.
(b) Ada feels Cold Mountain is the only place where she belongs.
(c) Ada does not like her relatives in Charleston.
(d) Ada feels she has nothing to go back to.
2. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
(a) In a cabin high in the moutains.
(b) In a big city in the East.
(c) In the flatlands he is traveling through.
(d) At Black Cove with Ada.
3. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
(a) A group of deserters hiding from the Home Guard.
(b) A Confederate army unit.
(c) A group of fugitives fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
(d) A group of gypsies downstream from him.
4. What does Ada find in the basement of her house?
(a) A one-hundred pound bag of coffee.
(b) A stack of rare books.
(c) A nest of rats.
(d) A case of champagne.
5. What kind of gun does Inman's companion carry?
(a) A Remington.
(b) A LeMat's pistol.
(c) A Colt.
(d) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Claire Duchutes?
2. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
3. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
4. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
5. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)