|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
2. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
(a) Wild leopards.
(b) Wild boars.
(c) Wild dogs.
(d) Wild humans.
3. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
(a) Stobrod got him arrested by distilling illegal liquor on his property.
(b) Stobrod leaves him alone, causing him to be mauled by a bear.
(c) Stobrod left him alone, causing him to become trapped under some logs.
(d) Stobrod burned down his house while helping him burn logs.
4. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
(a) A group of deserters from Fredricksburg.
(b) The Home Guard.
(c) A group of women and children fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
(d) The Federals.
5. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
(a) Laura is the wife of a farmer Inman helps by cutting up a bull that has died in the river by his farm.
(b) Laura is the woman the preacher has gotten pregnant and wants to kill to hide his indiscretion.
(c) Laura is the war widow Inman meets beside Deep River.
(d) Laura is the sister of a Home Guardsmen who ambushes Inman at Deep River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Claire Duchutes?
2. Why does Inman walk into town?
3. What income did Ada and her father live on?
4. What animal does Stobrod claim is Ruby's true father?
5. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)