|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
2. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
(a) Camden, South Carolina.
(b) Casper, Wyoming.
(c) Dallas, Texas.
(d) Nashville, Tennessee.
3. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
(a) A group of gypsies downstream from him.
(b) A Confederate army unit.
(c) A group of fugitives fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
(d) A group of deserters hiding from the Home Guard.
4. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) The Tale of the Green Knight.
(b) The Odyssy.
(c) The Legend of King Arthur and the Round Table.
5. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
(a) Ada should return to Charleston to inherit her money.
(b) The farm was left to Ada's cousin, making her dependent on family for income.
(c) There is no money left.
(d) Ada has plenty of money to live on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
2. Who saves Inman's companion from being shot in a standoff with a drunk?
3. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
4. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
5. What does Inman say happened in Petersburg?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)