|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
(a) They are both well educated.
(b) They are both rich, spoiled young women.
(c) They are both orphans.
(d) They were both raised without mothers.
2. Where does Ruby live while helping Ada at Black Cove?
(a) In the old servants' cabin.
(b) In town.
(c) In the barn with the animals.
(d) In the house with Ada.
3. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
4. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(d) Sir Gawain.
5. Who arrives while Ada and Ruby listen to the prisoner yelling from his second story prison cell?
(a) The Home Guard.
(b) A Confederate military company.
(c) The Federals.
(d) The sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
2. Who does Ruby suggest came up with the idea of celebrating Thanksgiving?
3. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
4. Who does Inman run into in the middle of the night at Deep River?
5. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)