|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Inman run into in the middle of the night at Deep River?
(a) A Home Guardsman.
(b) A war widow.
(c) A farmer with a wounded bull.
(d) A preacher.
2. Who do Ada and Ruby go to visit while in town in the chapter, Source and Root?
(a) Stobrod Trewes, Ruby's father.
(b) Teague, the leader of the Home Guard.
(c) Sally, a friend of Inman's.
(d) Mrs. McKennet, a friend of Monroe's.
3. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her cousin's.
(c) Her aunt's.
(d) Her grandparent's.
4. What does Inman do to help Laura?
(a) Inman seduces Laura and agrees to marry her.
(b) Inman save Laura from a group of Federals who want to steal her only means of survival.
(c) Inman takes Laura to a settlement where she might find her husband.
(d) Inman returns her to her home, safe and sound.
5. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
(a) A figure walking in snow.
(b) A figure running in an open meadow.
(c) A figure running toward a river.
(d) A figure walking in a corridor of trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
2. Why does Ruby come to Black Cove?
3. Who cuts the face of Inman's companion for haggling too much over price?
4. Who is Ruby's father?
5. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)