|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Inman takes his readied haversack and a picture he admired that belonged to his now dead neighbor.
(b) Inman takes his readied haversack and the manuscript Balis was working on.
(c) Inman takes a book and money he took from his neighbor who has died.
(d) Inman takes nothing but a change of clothes.
2. What does Inman do to help Laura?
(a) Inman seduces Laura and agrees to marry her.
(b) Inman takes Laura to a settlement where she might find her husband.
(c) Inman save Laura from a group of Federals who want to steal her only means of survival.
(d) Inman returns her to her home, safe and sound.
3. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
(a) Laura is the sister of a Home Guardsmen who ambushes Inman at Deep River.
(b) Laura is the woman the preacher has gotten pregnant and wants to kill to hide his indiscretion.
(c) Laura is the war widow Inman meets beside Deep River.
(d) Laura is the wife of a farmer Inman helps by cutting up a bull that has died in the river by his farm.
4. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
(a) Colt .45 revolver.
(b) LeMats revolver.
(c) Whitworth .45 rifle.
(d) Reminton rifle.
5. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
(a) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who is fighting the Federals in Tennessee.
(b) Swimmer is a Cherokee friend of Inman's whom he is afraid might be fighting the Federals.
(c) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who has married Inman's girl.
(d) Swimmer is a childhood friend whom Inman believes is with the Home Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
2. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
3. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
4. Where does Ruby live while helping Ada at Black Cove?
5. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)