|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
(a) The raft falls apart.
(b) The boat's owner chases after him.
(c) The ferry sinks.
(d) Someone begins firing at the canoe.
2. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
(a) To cause one's enemies to go to Nightland alone, covered in dog excrement, and blue with despair.
(b) To cause an enemy to catch a terrible, disfiguring illness.
(c) To send an enemy to jail for their crimes.
(d) To cause an enemy to die in his sleep.
3. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
(a) He pulled her into his lap for a kiss.
(b) She was drunk and became unstable.
(c) She was attempting to seduce him.
(d) She became faint and giddy.
4. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
(a) Reminton rifle.
(b) LeMats revolver.
(c) Colt .45 revolver.
(d) Whitworth .45 rifle.
5. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
(a) Laura is the woman the preacher has gotten pregnant and wants to kill to hide his indiscretion.
(b) Laura is the wife of a farmer Inman helps by cutting up a bull that has died in the river by his farm.
(c) Laura is the war widow Inman meets beside Deep River.
(d) Laura is the sister of a Home Guardsmen who ambushes Inman at Deep River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Ruby's rescue?
2. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
3. Which general does Inman claim he prefers?
4. Where was Stobrod the last time Ruby heard of him?
5. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)