|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Ruby's rescue?
(a) Her father.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A neighbor.
2. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
(a) She is injured in a rock slide.
(b) She becomes attached to a blackthorn tree.
(c) She is lost in the dark.
(d) She is cornered by a mother bear protecting her cub.
3. Why does Inman walk into town?
(a) To post a letter.
(b) To visit a friend.
(c) To show the doctors he is ready to return to his unit.
(d) To buy supplies
4. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
(a) About the most recent battles in the war.
(b) About the death of a dear friend in the war.
(c) About the Home Guard and the Cherokees fighting the Federals.
(d) About the attacks by Federals against women and children in Tennessee.
5. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
(b) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
(c) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
(d) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
2. Which general does Inman claim he prefers?
3. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
4. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
5. What is Ada looking for when she goes searching in the basement?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)