|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Ruby's rescue?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) Her father.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A neighbor.
2. Who does Inman write a letter to at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Inman writes a letter to his brother.
(b) Inman writes a letter to the girl he met the summer he spent in the woods attempting to learn the Cherokee ways.
(c) Inman writes a letter to his mother.
(d) Inman writes a letter to the girl who sat on his lap four years ago.
3. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
(a) He pulled her into his lap for a kiss.
(b) She was attempting to seduce him.
(c) She was drunk and became unstable.
(d) She became faint and giddy.
4. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
(a) A picture of an unknown woman.
(b) A leather medicine bag.
(c) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
(d) A LeMat's pistol.
5. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
(a) Swimmer is a childhood friend whom Inman believes is with the Home Guard.
(b) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who is fighting the Federals in Tennessee.
(c) Swimmer is a Cherokee friend of Inman's whom he is afraid might be fighting the Federals.
(d) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who has married Inman's girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Stobrod the last time Ruby heard of him?
2. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
3. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
4. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
5. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)