|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
(a) To Destroy Life.
(b) To End a Life.
(c) To Catch a Theif.
(d) To Catch an Ilness.
2. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
(a) He pulled her into his lap for a kiss.
(b) She was attempting to seduce him.
(c) She was drunk and became unstable.
(d) She became faint and giddy.
3. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
(a) That the corn is spoiled.
(b) The approach of diry, smelly men.
(c) A dead animal.
(d) Real food being cooked.
4. Why does Inman walk into town?
(a) To show the doctors he is ready to return to his unit.
(b) To post a letter.
(c) To visit a friend.
(d) To buy supplies
5. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
(a) On a small raft someone has left abandoned.
(b) On a ferry.
(c) In a boat he finds tied to a tree on the shore.
(d) In a canoe piloted by the daughter of the ferryman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What income did Ada and her father live on?
2. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
3. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
4. Who does Inman write a letter to at the end of the first chapter?
5. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)