|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
(a) Swimmer is a Cherokee friend of Inman's whom he is afraid might be fighting the Federals.
(b) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who is fighting the Federals in Tennessee.
(c) Swimmer is a childhood friend whom Inman believes is with the Home Guard.
(d) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who has married Inman's girl.
2. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
(a) The horse and some coffee.
(b) The piano.
(c) The cabriolet and the hog.
(d) A few acres of land and the tabacco crop.
3. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
4. Where was Stobrod the last time Ruby heard of him?
(a) In the Home Guard roaming Cold Mountain.
(b) In the hospital in Charleston.
(c) In prison.
(d) In the army at Sharpsburg.
5. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(b) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
(c) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
(d) Travels by William Bartram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
2. Why does Inman believe the person he sees at Deep River is up to no good?
3. What does Inman do with the preacher?
4. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
5. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)