|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Inman takes nothing but a change of clothes.
(b) Inman takes a book and money he took from his neighbor who has died.
(c) Inman takes his readied haversack and a picture he admired that belonged to his now dead neighbor.
(d) Inman takes his readied haversack and the manuscript Balis was working on.
2. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
(a) He pulled her into his lap for a kiss.
(b) She became faint and giddy.
(c) She was attempting to seduce him.
(d) She was drunk and became unstable.
3. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot sew.
(b) Ada cannot cook.
(c) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
(d) Ada cannot milk a cow.
4. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
(a) The cabriolet and the hog.
(b) The horse and some coffee.
(c) The piano.
(d) A few acres of land and the tabacco crop.
5. Where was Stobrod the last time Ruby heard of him?
(a) In the army at Sharpsburg.
(b) In prison.
(c) In the Home Guard roaming Cold Mountain.
(d) In the hospital in Charleston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
2. What does Ada find in the basement of her house?
3. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
4. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
5. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)