|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
(a) To Destroy Life.
(b) To Catch an Ilness.
(c) To Catch a Theif.
(d) To End a Life.
2. What does Ruby suggest Ada sell to generate some money to help them survive the winter?
(a) Either the coffee or the tabacco crop.
(b) Either the house or a few acres of land.
(c) Either the hog or the horse.
(d) Either the piano or the cabriolet.
3. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
(a) The boat's owner chases after him.
(b) The raft falls apart.
(c) The ferry sinks.
(d) Someone begins firing at the canoe.
4. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
(a) Ada feels she has nothing to go back to.
(b) Ada feels Cold Mountain is the only place where she belongs.
(c) Ada does not like her relatives in Charleston.
(d) Ada has bad memories of her childhood in Charleston.
5. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
(a) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
(b) A LeMat's pistol.
(c) A leather medicine bag.
(d) A picture of an unknown woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
2. Which general does Inman claim he prefers?
3. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
4. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
5. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)