|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
(b) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
(c) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
(d) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
2. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
(a) Because the preacher attempted to kill an innocent girl to hide his sins.
(b) Because the preacher attempted to kill Inman.
(c) Becase the preacher threatened to turn Inman in to the Home Guard.
(d) Because the preacher attempted to rob Inman.
3. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
4. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
(a) She is injured in a rock slide.
(b) She is cornered by a mother bear protecting her cub.
(c) She becomes attached to a blackthorn tree.
(d) She is lost in the dark.
5. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
(a) No, because it would only leave him angry and bitter.
(b) No, because he does not want to see a country that could turn on its brothers.
(c) Yes, but for much longer than ten minutes.
(d) Yes, especially if he could see a beautiful woman during that time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
2. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
3. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
4. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
5. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)