|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
(b) Ada cannot sew.
(c) Ada cannot cook.
(d) Ada cannot milk a cow.
2. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
(a) At the local school.
(b) At the local store.
(c) At church.
(d) At a friend's house.
3. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
(a) Ada has plenty of money to live on.
(b) Ada should return to Charleston to inherit her money.
(c) The farm was left to Ada's cousin, making her dependent on family for income.
(d) There is no money left.
4. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
(a) A cabin in the woods.
(b) A farm near Cold Mountain.
(c) A military camp.
(d) A military hospital.
5. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
(a) Ada's father had tuberculosis.
(b) Ada had tuberculosis.
(c) Ada's grandfather had tuberculosis.
(d) Ada's mother had tuberculosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
2. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
3. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
4. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
5. Who does Inman run into in the middle of the night at Deep River?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)