|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
(a) Chestnuts and drawings.
(b) Medicine and peanuts.
(c) Bibles and hot dogs.
(d) Peanuts and newspapers.
2. What is Ada looking for when she goes searching in the basement?
(a) Wine she thinks her father hid there.
(b) Signs of rodents.
(c) A rare book her father kept there.
(d) Champagne left from a party.
3. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
(a) A cabin in the woods.
(b) A military hospital.
(c) A military camp.
(d) A farm near Cold Mountain.
4. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
(a) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
(b) A LeMat's pistol.
(c) A leather medicine bag.
(d) A picture of an unknown woman.
5. Who comes to Ruby's rescue?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A hunter.
(c) Her father.
(d) A fisherman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
2. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
3. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
4. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
5. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)