|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Inman write a letter to at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Inman writes a letter to his brother.
(b) Inman writes a letter to his mother.
(c) Inman writes a letter to the girl who sat on his lap four years ago.
(d) Inman writes a letter to the girl he met the summer he spent in the woods attempting to learn the Cherokee ways.
2. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
(b) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
(c) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(d) Travels by William Bartram.
3. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
(a) To cause one's enemies to go to Nightland alone, covered in dog excrement, and blue with despair.
(b) To cause an enemy to catch a terrible, disfiguring illness.
(c) To send an enemy to jail for their crimes.
(d) To cause an enemy to die in his sleep.
4. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
(a) A military camp.
(b) A cabin in the woods.
(c) A military hospital.
(d) A farm near Cold Mountain.
5. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
(a) That the corn is spoiled.
(b) Real food being cooked.
(c) A dead animal.
(d) The approach of diry, smelly men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
2. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
3. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
4. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
5. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)