|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
(a) Ada had tuberculosis.
(b) Ada's mother had tuberculosis.
(c) Ada's father had tuberculosis.
(d) Ada's grandfather had tuberculosis.
2. What income did Ada and her father live on?
(a) An inheritance from the family of Ada's mother.
(b) The farm only.
(c) An investment and a small section of the farm.
(d) Investments only.
3. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
(a) She was attempting to seduce him.
(b) She became faint and giddy.
(c) She was drunk and became unstable.
(d) He pulled her into his lap for a kiss.
4. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
(a) Sally Swanger.
5. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
(a) To cause one's enemies to go to Nightland alone, covered in dog excrement, and blue with despair.
(b) To send an enemy to jail for their crimes.
(c) To cause an enemy to catch a terrible, disfiguring illness.
(d) To cause an enemy to die in his sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Inman believe the person he sees at Deep River is up to no good?
2. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
3. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
4. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
5. What is Ada looking for when she goes searching in the basement?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)