|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
(a) A Greek text.
(b) A French text.
(c) A Spanish text.
(d) A Latin text.
2. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
(a) Ada has plenty of money to live on.
(b) Ada should return to Charleston to inherit her money.
(c) The farm was left to Ada's cousin, making her dependent on family for income.
(d) There is no money left.
3. What does Inman do to help Laura?
(a) Inman takes Laura to a settlement where she might find her husband.
(b) Inman seduces Laura and agrees to marry her.
(c) Inman returns her to her home, safe and sound.
(d) Inman save Laura from a group of Federals who want to steal her only means of survival.
4. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
(a) Yes, especially if he could see a beautiful woman during that time.
(b) No, because he does not want to see a country that could turn on its brothers.
(c) Yes, but for much longer than ten minutes.
(d) No, because it would only leave him angry and bitter.
5. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
(a) She became faint and giddy.
(b) She was attempting to seduce him.
(c) He pulled her into his lap for a kiss.
(d) She was drunk and became unstable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
2. Which general does Inman claim he prefers?
3. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
4. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
5. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)