|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Ruby's rescue?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A hunter.
(d) Her father.
2. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
(a) The piano.
(b) The cabriolet and the hog.
(c) A few acres of land and the tabacco crop.
(d) The horse and some coffee.
3. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
(a) Ada has done nothing on the farm.
(b) Ada has sold the farm with the intention of returning to Charleston.
(c) Ada has taken the farm in hand and is running it efficiently.
(d) Ada has hired a neighbor to care for the farm.
4. What income did Ada and her father live on?
(a) Investments only.
(b) The farm only.
(c) An inheritance from the family of Ada's mother.
(d) An investment and a small section of the farm.
5. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
(a) That he has stolen food from a nearby store.
(b) That he has impregnanted a woman not his fiancee.
(c) That she has killed her husband.
(d) That she has run away from her husband with all the family money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
2. What does Inman do to help Laura?
3. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
4. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
5. Why does Inman believe the person he sees at Deep River is up to no good?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)