|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ada looking for when she goes searching in the basement?
(a) Champagne left from a party.
(b) A rare book her father kept there.
(c) Signs of rodents.
(d) Wine she thinks her father hid there.
2. Who does Inman run into in the middle of the night at Deep River?
(a) A war widow.
(b) A farmer with a wounded bull.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A Home Guardsman.
3. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
(a) The boat's owner chases after him.
(b) The raft falls apart.
(c) The ferry sinks.
(d) Someone begins firing at the canoe.
4. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
(b) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
(c) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
(d) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
5. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
(a) A leather medicine bag.
(b) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
(c) A picture of an unknown woman.
(d) A LeMat's pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
2. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
3. Which general does Inman claim he prefers?
4. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
5. What does Inman do to help Laura?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)