|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
(a) A leather medicine bag.
(b) A picture of an unknown woman.
(c) A LeMat's pistol.
(d) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
2. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
(c) Sally Swanger.
3. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(b) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
(c) Travels by William Bartram.
(d) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
4. Where does Ruby live while helping Ada at Black Cove?
(a) In town.
(b) In the old servants' cabin.
(c) In the house with Ada.
(d) In the barn with the animals.
5. What income did Ada and her father live on?
(a) The farm only.
(b) Investments only.
(c) An inheritance from the family of Ada's mother.
(d) An investment and a small section of the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
2. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
3. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
4. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
5. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)