|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
(a) Whitworth .45 rifle.
(b) LeMats revolver.
(c) Colt .45 revolver.
(d) Reminton rifle.
2. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At church.
(c) At the local school.
(d) At the local store.
3. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
(a) To End a Life.
(b) To Catch a Theif.
(c) To Catch an Ilness.
(d) To Destroy Life.
4. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
(a) Two men and a blacksmith.
(b) Two women and a blacksmith.
(c) Two women and a shopkeeper.
(d) Two men and a prostitute.
5. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
(a) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who has married Inman's girl.
(b) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who is fighting the Federals in Tennessee.
(c) Swimmer is a Cherokee friend of Inman's whom he is afraid might be fighting the Federals.
(d) Swimmer is a childhood friend whom Inman believes is with the Home Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
2. Why does Inman walk into town?
3. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
4. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
5. Who does Inman write a letter to at the end of the first chapter?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)