|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At the local store.
(c) At church.
(d) At the local school.
2. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
(b) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
(c) Travels by William Bartram.
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
3. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
(b) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
(c) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
(d) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
4. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
(b) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his father.
5. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
(d) Sally Swanger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
2. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
3. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
4. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
5. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)