|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which general does Inman claim he prefers?
2. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
(a) They are both well educated.
(b) They are both orphans.
(c) They were both raised without mothers.
(d) They are both rich, spoiled young women.
3. Who does Inman write a letter to at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Inman writes a letter to the girl he met the summer he spent in the woods attempting to learn the Cherokee ways.
(b) Inman writes a letter to his mother.
(c) Inman writes a letter to the girl who sat on his lap four years ago.
(d) Inman writes a letter to his brother.
4. Why does Inman walk into town?
(a) To post a letter.
(b) To visit a friend.
(c) To show the doctors he is ready to return to his unit.
(d) To buy supplies
5. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
(a) In a canoe piloted by the daughter of the ferryman.
(b) On a ferry.
(c) In a boat he finds tied to a tree on the shore.
(d) On a small raft someone has left abandoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
2. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
3. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
4. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
5. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)