|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
(a) Sally Swanger.
2. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
(a) A Greek text.
(b) A French text.
(c) A Latin text.
(d) A Spanish text.
3. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
(c) Neither. Inman is not a soldier.
(d) Both. Inman is a neutral scout.
4. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From his mother.
(b) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
(c) From his father.
(d) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
5. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot sew.
(b) Ada cannot milk a cow.
(c) Ada cannot cook.
(d) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
2. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
3. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
4. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
5. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)