|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
2. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(b) Travels by William Bartram.
(c) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
(d) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
3. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
(a) Why man was created.
(b) Why man is burdened with free will.
(c) Why man is born to die.
(d) Why man is doomed to failure.
4. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
(a) To End a Life.
(b) To Catch an Ilness.
(c) To Destroy Life.
(d) To Catch a Theif.
5. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot sew.
(b) Ada cannot milk a cow.
(c) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
(d) Ada cannot cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
2. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
3. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
4. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
5. Who does Inman write a letter to at the end of the first chapter?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)