|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruby come to Black Cove?
(a) Ruby wants to befriend Ada.
(b) Ruby wants to offer her services to Ada.
(c) Ruby wants to buy Black Cove.
(d) Ruby wants to buy Ada's animals.
2. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
(b) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
(c) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
(d) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
3. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
(b) Travels by William Bartram.
(c) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
4. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
(a) A cabin in the woods.
(b) A farm near Cold Mountain.
(c) A military camp.
(d) A military hospital.
5. Which general does Inman claim he prefers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
2. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
3. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
4. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
5. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)