|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
(a) About the most recent battles in the war.
(b) About the death of a dear friend in the war.
(c) About the Home Guard and the Cherokees fighting the Federals.
(d) About the attacks by Federals against women and children in Tennessee.
2. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
(a) Neither. Inman is not a soldier.
(c) Both. Inman is a neutral scout.
3. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
(a) Two men and a blacksmith.
(b) Two women and a blacksmith.
(c) Two men and a prostitute.
(d) Two women and a shopkeeper.
4. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
(a) To cause an enemy to die in his sleep.
(b) To cause one's enemies to go to Nightland alone, covered in dog excrement, and blue with despair.
(c) To send an enemy to jail for their crimes.
(d) To cause an enemy to catch a terrible, disfiguring illness.
5. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
(a) The ferry sinks.
(b) The boat's owner chases after him.
(c) Someone begins firing at the canoe.
(d) The raft falls apart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
2. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
3. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
4. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
5. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)