|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
(a) Colt .45 revolver.
(b) LeMats revolver.
(c) Reminton rifle.
(d) Whitworth .45 rifle.
2. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
(a) Yes, but for much longer than ten minutes.
(b) No, because he does not want to see a country that could turn on its brothers.
(c) No, because it would only leave him angry and bitter.
(d) Yes, especially if he could see a beautiful woman during that time.
3. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
(a) At the local school.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) At the local store.
(d) At church.
4. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
(b) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
(c) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
(d) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
5. Who does Inman write a letter to at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Inman writes a letter to his mother.
(b) Inman writes a letter to the girl he met the summer he spent in the woods attempting to learn the Cherokee ways.
(c) Inman writes a letter to his brother.
(d) Inman writes a letter to the girl who sat on his lap four years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
2. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
3. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
4. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
5. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)