|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Travels by William Bartram.
(b) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
(c) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
2. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
(b) Neither. Inman is not a soldier.
(c) Both. Inman is a neutral scout.
3. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
(a) About the Home Guard and the Cherokees fighting the Federals.
(b) About the most recent battles in the war.
(c) About the death of a dear friend in the war.
(d) About the attacks by Federals against women and children in Tennessee.
4. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
(a) A Spanish text.
(b) A Greek text.
(c) A French text.
(d) A Latin text.
5. Why does Inman walk into town?
(a) To buy supplies
(b) To visit a friend.
(c) To show the doctors he is ready to return to his unit.
(d) To post a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
2. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
3. Where did Inman learn this spell?
4. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
5. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)