|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
(a) To Catch an Ilness.
(b) To End a Life.
(c) To Catch a Theif.
(d) To Destroy Life.
2. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
(a) Someone begins firing at the canoe.
(b) The boat's owner chases after him.
(c) The ferry sinks.
(d) The raft falls apart.
3. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot cook.
(b) Ada cannot milk a cow.
(c) Ada cannot sew.
(d) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
4. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
(a) A farm near Cold Mountain.
(b) A military hospital.
(c) A military camp.
(d) A cabin in the woods.
5. Why does Inman walk into town?
(a) To buy supplies
(b) To visit a friend.
(c) To show the doctors he is ready to return to his unit.
(d) To post a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
2. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
3. Who does Inman write a letter to at the end of the first chapter?
4. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
5. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)