|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
(a) About the death of a dear friend in the war.
(b) About the Home Guard and the Cherokees fighting the Federals.
(c) About the most recent battles in the war.
(d) About the attacks by Federals against women and children in Tennessee.
2. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
(a) A figure running in an open meadow.
(b) A figure walking in a corridor of trees.
(c) A figure walking in snow.
(d) A figure running toward a river.
3. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
(a) In the flatlands he is traveling through.
(b) In a big city in the East.
(c) At Black Cove with Ada.
(d) In a cabin high in the moutains.
4. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
(a) A cabin in the woods.
(b) A military hospital.
(c) A farm near Cold Mountain.
(d) A military camp.
5. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
(a) There is no money left.
(b) Ada has plenty of money to live on.
(c) The farm was left to Ada's cousin, making her dependent on family for income.
(d) Ada should return to Charleston to inherit her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ruby come to Black Cove?
2. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
3. Which general does Inman claim he prefers?
4. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
5. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)