|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Inman takes his readied haversack and the manuscript Balis was working on.
(b) Inman takes his readied haversack and a picture he admired that belonged to his now dead neighbor.
(c) Inman takes nothing but a change of clothes.
(d) Inman takes a book and money he took from his neighbor who has died.
2. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
(a) Two men and a blacksmith.
(b) Two women and a shopkeeper.
(c) Two men and a prostitute.
(d) Two women and a blacksmith.
3. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
4. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
(c) Both. Inman is a neutral scout.
(d) Neither. Inman is not a soldier.
5. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
(a) Ada has done nothing on the farm.
(b) Ada has sold the farm with the intention of returning to Charleston.
(c) Ada has hired a neighbor to care for the farm.
(d) Ada has taken the farm in hand and is running it efficiently.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Inman write a letter to at the end of the first chapter?
2. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
3. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
4. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
5. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)