|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
(a) Yes, but for much longer than ten minutes.
(b) No, because he does not want to see a country that could turn on its brothers.
(c) Yes, especially if he could see a beautiful woman during that time.
(d) No, because it would only leave him angry and bitter.
2. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
(a) The boat's owner chases after him.
(b) The ferry sinks.
(c) The raft falls apart.
(d) Someone begins firing at the canoe.
3. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six years.
(c) Sixty years.
(d) Six weeks.
4. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
(a) A figure walking in a corridor of trees.
(b) A figure walking in snow.
(c) A figure running toward a river.
(d) A figure running in an open meadow.
5. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
(a) There is no money left.
(b) Ada has plenty of money to live on.
(c) The farm was left to Ada's cousin, making her dependent on family for income.
(d) Ada should return to Charleston to inherit her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
2. What income did Ada and her father live on?
3. Where did Inman learn this spell?
4. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
5. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)