|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
(b) Sally Swanger.
2. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
(a) Wild humans.
(b) Wild leopards.
(c) Wild dogs.
(d) Wild boars.
3. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
(a) At Black Cove with Ada.
(b) In the flatlands he is traveling through.
(c) In a big city in the East.
(d) In a cabin high in the moutains.
4. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
(a) A figure walking in a corridor of trees.
(b) A figure running toward a river.
(c) A figure walking in snow.
(d) A figure running in an open meadow.
5. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
(b) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
(c) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
(d) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
2. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
3. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
4. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
5. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)