|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
(a) They are both orphans.
(b) They were both raised without mothers.
(c) They are both rich, spoiled young women.
(d) They are both well educated.
2. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
(a) Wild humans.
(b) Wild boars.
(c) Wild dogs.
(d) Wild leopards.
3. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
(b) Travels by William Bartram.
(c) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(d) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
4. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
(a) Why man is burdened with free will.
(b) Why man was created.
(c) Why man is doomed to failure.
(d) Why man is born to die.
5. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
(a) About the Home Guard and the Cherokees fighting the Federals.
(b) About the attacks by Federals against women and children in Tennessee.
(c) About the most recent battles in the war.
(d) About the death of a dear friend in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
2. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
3. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
4. Why does Ruby come to Black Cove?
5. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)