|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
2. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
(a) Why man is born to die.
(b) Why man was created.
(c) Why man is burdened with free will.
(d) Why man is doomed to failure.
3. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
(a) Sally Swanger.
4. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
(a) Ada has sold the farm with the intention of returning to Charleston.
(b) Ada has taken the farm in hand and is running it efficiently.
(c) Ada has done nothing on the farm.
(d) Ada has hired a neighbor to care for the farm.
5. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
(a) Ada feels Cold Mountain is the only place where she belongs.
(b) Ada does not like her relatives in Charleston.
(c) Ada feels she has nothing to go back to.
(d) Ada has bad memories of her childhood in Charleston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
2. Which general does Inman claim he prefers?
3. Why does Inman walk into town?
4. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
5. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)