|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Travels by William Bartram.
(b) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
(c) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
2. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
(a) About the most recent battles in the war.
(b) About the Home Guard and the Cherokees fighting the Federals.
(c) About the attacks by Federals against women and children in Tennessee.
(d) About the death of a dear friend in the war.
3. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
(a) Wild humans.
(b) Wild boars.
(c) Wild leopards.
(d) Wild dogs.
4. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
(a) The boat's owner chases after him.
(b) Someone begins firing at the canoe.
(c) The ferry sinks.
(d) The raft falls apart.
5. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
(a) To Destroy Life.
(b) To Catch a Theif.
(c) To End a Life.
(d) To Catch an Ilness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
2. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
3. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
4. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
5. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)