|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
(a) LeMats revolver.
(b) Colt .45 revolver.
(c) Whitworth .45 rifle.
(d) Reminton rifle.
2. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
(a) A figure running in an open meadow.
(b) A figure walking in a corridor of trees.
(c) A figure running toward a river.
(d) A figure walking in snow.
3. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
(a) Ada's mother had tuberculosis.
(b) Ada's father had tuberculosis.
(c) Ada's grandfather had tuberculosis.
(d) Ada had tuberculosis.
4. Why does Inman walk into town?
(a) To show the doctors he is ready to return to his unit.
(b) To buy supplies
(c) To visit a friend.
(d) To post a letter.
5. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
(a) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who is fighting the Federals in Tennessee.
(b) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who has married Inman's girl.
(c) Swimmer is a Cherokee friend of Inman's whom he is afraid might be fighting the Federals.
(d) Swimmer is a childhood friend whom Inman believes is with the Home Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
2. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
3. Which general does Inman claim he prefers?
4. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
5. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)