|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
(a) To send an enemy to jail for their crimes.
(b) To cause one's enemies to go to Nightland alone, covered in dog excrement, and blue with despair.
(c) To cause an enemy to catch a terrible, disfiguring illness.
(d) To cause an enemy to die in his sleep.
2. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot milk a cow.
(b) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
(c) Ada cannot sew.
(d) Ada cannot cook.
3. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
(a) Why man is burdened with free will.
(b) Why man is doomed to failure.
(c) Why man is born to die.
(d) Why man was created.
4. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
(a) In a big city in the East.
(b) In the flatlands he is traveling through.
(c) In a cabin high in the moutains.
(d) At Black Cove with Ada.
5. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
(a) Ada's mother had tuberculosis.
(b) Ada's father had tuberculosis.
(c) Ada had tuberculosis.
(d) Ada's grandfather had tuberculosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
2. Why does Ruby come to Black Cove?
3. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
4. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
5. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)