|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
2. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Inman takes his readied haversack and a picture he admired that belonged to his now dead neighbor.
(b) Inman takes a book and money he took from his neighbor who has died.
(c) Inman takes nothing but a change of clothes.
(d) Inman takes his readied haversack and the manuscript Balis was working on.
3. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
(a) LeMats revolver.
(b) Colt .45 revolver.
(c) Whitworth .45 rifle.
(d) Reminton rifle.
4. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
(a) They are both well educated.
(b) They are both rich, spoiled young women.
(c) They were both raised without mothers.
(d) They are both orphans.
5. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
(a) Yes, but for much longer than ten minutes.
(b) Yes, especially if he could see a beautiful woman during that time.
(c) No, because it would only leave him angry and bitter.
(d) No, because he does not want to see a country that could turn on its brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
2. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
3. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
4. What income did Ada and her father live on?
5. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)