|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot sew.
(b) Ada cannot cook.
(c) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
(d) Ada cannot milk a cow.
2. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
(a) To cause an enemy to die in his sleep.
(b) To send an enemy to jail for their crimes.
(c) To cause an enemy to catch a terrible, disfiguring illness.
(d) To cause one's enemies to go to Nightland alone, covered in dog excrement, and blue with despair.
3. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
(a) Colt .45 revolver.
(b) LeMats revolver.
(c) Reminton rifle.
(d) Whitworth .45 rifle.
4. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
(a) Sally Swanger.
5. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
(a) Both. Inman is a neutral scout.
(d) Neither. Inman is not a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Inman wake in the opening scene of The Shadow of a Crow?
2. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
3. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
4. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
5. Who does Inman write a letter to at the end of the first chapter?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)