|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
(a) Ada has bad memories of her childhood in Charleston.
(b) Ada feels she has nothing to go back to.
(c) Ada does not like her relatives in Charleston.
(d) Ada feels Cold Mountain is the only place where she belongs.
2. Why does Inman walk into town?
(a) To visit a friend.
(b) To post a letter.
(c) To buy supplies
(d) To show the doctors he is ready to return to his unit.
3. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
(d) Sally Swanger.
4. Why did Ada and her father move to Cold Mountain?
(a) Ada had tuberculosis.
(b) Ada's mother had tuberculosis.
(c) Ada's grandfather had tuberculosis.
(d) Ada's father had tuberculosis.
5. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot sew.
(b) Ada cannot milk a cow.
(c) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
(d) Ada cannot cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
2. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
3. What does the blind man answer when Inman asks if he would like to be able to see for ten minutes?
4. Why does Ruby come to Black Cove?
5. What does the blind man sell outside the hospital?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)