|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Black Bark in Winter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ruby live while helping Ada at Black Cove?
(a) In the house with Ada.
(b) In town.
(c) In the barn with the animals.
(d) In the old servants' cabin.
2. What type of saw do Inman and Veasey find?
(a) A circular saw.
(b) A sabertooth saw.
(c) A lumberman's saw.
(d) A crosscut saw.
3. Why does Veasey hit his companion over the head in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) Because he attempted to molest a woman on the street.
(b) Because he attempted to steal Inman's haversack.
(c) Because he refused to pay a prostitute for her services.
(d) Because he attempted to rob a shop keeper.
4. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
(b) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
(c) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
(d) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
5. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
(a) Ada feels Cold Mountain is the only place where she belongs.
(b) Ada does not like her relatives in Charleston.
(c) Ada feels she has nothing to go back to.
(d) Ada has bad memories of her childhood in Charleston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ruby come to Black Cove?
2. What does Ruby suggest Ada sell to generate some money to help them survive the winter?
3. What does Inman do with the saw?
4. What do Ruby and Ada find when they arrive at Stobrod's camp?
5. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)