|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Source and Root".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vision does Ada see when Esco encourages her to look backwards down a well in a mirror?
(a) A figure walking in a corridor of trees.
(b) A figure walking in snow.
(c) A figure running toward a river.
(d) A figure running in an open meadow.
2. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
(a) A blond woman in a fancy dress.
(b) A brunette on a bull.
(c) A dark haired woman on a horse.
(d) A red haired woman in a bathing suit.
3. Where was Stobrod the last time Ruby heard of him?
(a) In the hospital in Charleston.
(b) In prison.
(c) In the Home Guard roaming Cold Mountain.
(d) In the army at Sharpsburg.
4. Who is Swimmer and why does Inman think about him after reading the news?
(a) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who is fighting the Federals in Tennessee.
(b) Swimmer is a childhood enemy who has married Inman's girl.
(c) Swimmer is a childhood friend whom Inman believes is with the Home Guard.
(d) Swimmer is a Cherokee friend of Inman's whom he is afraid might be fighting the Federals.
5. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Inman takes his readied haversack and the manuscript Balis was working on.
(b) Inman takes nothing but a change of clothes.
(c) Inman takes his readied haversack and a picture he admired that belonged to his now dead neighbor.
(d) Inman takes a book and money he took from his neighbor who has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
2. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
3. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
4. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
5. Why does Ruby come to Black Cove?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)