Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Life Any Other Thing, a Gift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
(a) Sixty years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six years.
2. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
(d) Sally Swanger.
3. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
(a) To cause an enemy to die in his sleep.
(b) To cause one's enemies to go to Nightland alone, covered in dog excrement, and blue with despair.
(c) To cause an enemy to catch a terrible, disfiguring illness.
(d) To send an enemy to jail for their crimes.
4. What text is Balis, Inman's neighbor in the hospital, translating into English?
(a) A French text.
(b) A Greek text.
(c) A Latin text.
(d) A Spanish text.
5. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
(a) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
(b) Travels by William Bartram.
(c) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(d) Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Inman walk into town?
2. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
3. Where does Ruby live while helping Ada at Black Cove?
4. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
5. What does Inman take with him when he leaves the hospital at the end of the first chapter?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)