|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Color of Despair".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inman read about in the newspaper while in town?
(a) About the attacks by Federals against women and children in Tennessee.
(b) About the Home Guard and the Cherokees fighting the Federals.
(c) About the most recent battles in the war.
(d) About the death of a dear friend in the war.
2. Why does Ruby come to Black Cove?
(a) Ruby wants to offer her services to Ada.
(b) Ruby wants to buy Black Cove.
(c) Ruby wants to befriend Ada.
(d) Ruby wants to buy Ada's animals.
3. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
(b) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
(c) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
(d) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
4. Which general does Inman claim he prefers?
5. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
(a) To cause one's enemies to go to Nightland alone, covered in dog excrement, and blue with despair.
(b) To cause an enemy to die in his sleep.
(c) To cause an enemy to catch a terrible, disfiguring illness.
(d) To send an enemy to jail for their crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What side of the war does Inman fight on?
2. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
3. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
4. Why does Inman walk into town?
5. What book does Inman read while in the hospital?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)