|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Footsteps in the Snow".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sara, a woman Inman meets in the chapter, Bride Bed Full of Blood?
(a) The defiled companion of a preacher.
(b) An old girlfriend of Veasey's.
(c) A war widow.
(d) A hermit woman.
2. How do Ruby and Ada dress as they set out to find and bury the bodies of Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) In military uniforms.
(b) In party gowns to possibly confuse the killers.
(c) In Stobrod's clothing.
(d) In the clothes of Ada's father.
3. What object does Ruby instruct Ada to create in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
(a) A picnic table.
(b) A bar of soap.
(c) A drawing of a heron.
(d) A scarecrow.
4. What does Inman do to help Laura?
(a) Inman returns her to her home, safe and sound.
(b) Inman save Laura from a group of Federals who want to steal her only means of survival.
(c) Inman takes Laura to a settlement where she might find her husband.
(d) Inman seduces Laura and agrees to marry her.
5. What income did Ada and her father live on?
(a) An investment and a small section of the farm.
(b) The farm only.
(c) Investments only.
(d) An inheritance from the family of Ada's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Sara's house the next morning after she and Inman share a bed?
2. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
3. Who comes to visit while Ada is at Black Cove alone in the chapter, A Satisfied Mind?
4. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
5. What is the name of the farmer who invites Inman and Veasey to spend the night at his farm after they help him remove a dead bull from the river?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)