|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Footsteps in the Snow".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
(a) That he is afraid of being killed in battle.
(b) That he wants to be a preacher one day.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he wants to be president of the new Confederacy.
2. What does Ada find in the basement of her house?
(a) A stack of rare books.
(b) A one-hundred pound bag of coffee.
(c) A nest of rats.
(d) A case of champagne.
3. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
(a) How to be in tune with nature.
(b) The beliefs of the Catholic Church.
(c) The teachings of the Koran.
(d) Druid Spirituality.
4. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
(a) She became faint and giddy.
(b) She was attempting to seduce him.
(c) She was drunk and became unstable.
(d) He pulled her into his lap for a kiss.
5. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he married another young woman.
(b) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
(c) That he became a preacher.
(d) That he became a politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
2. Why does Inman become upset about Ada's reaction to his story?
3. What does Inman hope Ada's reaction will be when she sees him?
4. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
5. Who cuts the face of Inman's companion for haggling too much over price?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)