|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Footsteps in the Snow".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sara, a woman Inman meets in the chapter, Bride Bed Full of Blood?
(a) A hermit woman.
(b) The defiled companion of a preacher.
(c) An old girlfriend of Veasey's.
(d) A war widow.
2. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
(a) Nashville, Tennessee.
(b) Camden, South Carolina.
(c) Casper, Wyoming.
(d) Dallas, Texas.
3. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
(a) In a canoe piloted by the daughter of the ferryman.
(b) On a small raft someone has left abandoned.
(c) In a boat he finds tied to a tree on the shore.
(d) On a ferry.
4. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
(a) They are both orphans.
(b) They are both rich, spoiled young women.
(c) They were both raised without mothers.
(d) They are both well educated.
5. What does Inman do with the saw?
(a) Cuts up fire wood.
(b) Trades it for food.
(c) As a weapon in a robbery.
(d) Cuts up a dead bull and then gives it to a farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ruby come to Black Cove?
2. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
3. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
4. Why does Sara agree to launder and mend Inman's clothes?
5. Where do Ada and Ruby go for the night as snow begins to threaten?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)