|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Footsteps in the Snow".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Ruby instruct Ada to create in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
(a) A picnic table.
(b) A scarecrow.
(c) A drawing of a heron.
(d) A bar of soap.
2. What does Ruby instruct Ada to do while she is in town trading for beef?
(a) Split logs and burn brush.
(b) Plow the fields.
(c) Build a scarecrow.
(d) Milk the cow.
3. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
(a) She nurses him through his illness.
(b) She gives him a ride back to the military hospital.
(c) She feeds him a hearty meal that staves off starvation.
(d) She treats his wounds and gives him medication.
4. What kind of gun does Inman's companion carry?
(a) A Colt.
(b) A Remington.
(c) A LeMat's pistol.
(d) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
5. What reason does Stobrod give for wanting to live at Black Cove?
(a) The new leader of the outliers, the deserters, wants them to rob rich slave owners.
(b) He wants to make amends to his daughter for her poor childhood.
(c) The Home Guard will never think he is a deserter if he lives on a farm in the open.
(d) The new leader of the deserters wants him to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
2. Where does Ruby live while helping Ada at Black Cove?
3. Who comes to Sara's house the next morning after she and Inman share a bed?
4. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
5. What do Ruby and Ada allow the messenger to do as they leave?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)