|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Footsteps in the Snow".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Kill her.
2. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
(a) Laura is the war widow Inman meets beside Deep River.
(b) Laura is the woman the preacher has gotten pregnant and wants to kill to hide his indiscretion.
(c) Laura is the sister of a Home Guardsmen who ambushes Inman at Deep River.
(d) Laura is the wife of a farmer Inman helps by cutting up a bull that has died in the river by his farm.
3. What reason does Stobrod give for wanting to live at Black Cove?
(a) The Home Guard will never think he is a deserter if he lives on a farm in the open.
(b) He wants to make amends to his daughter for her poor childhood.
(c) The new leader of the deserters wants him to leave.
(d) The new leader of the outliers, the deserters, wants them to rob rich slave owners.
4. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
(a) Cowar as the visitors raid their supplies.
(b) Offer up their money and a few animals for food.
(c) Run away and hide.
(d) Feed them a chicken dinner and give them supplies.
5. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
(a) Wild dogs.
(b) Wild leopards.
(c) Wild humans.
(d) Wild boars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What contest do Ada and Ruby have one night in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
2. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
3. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
4. What does Inman do to help Laura?
5. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)