|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Footsteps in the Snow".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot milk a cow.
(b) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
(c) Ada cannot sew.
(d) Ada cannot cook.
2. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
(a) The Federals.
(b) A group of women and children fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
(c) A group of deserters from Fredricksburg.
(d) The Home Guard.
3. What is the name of the farmer who invites Inman and Veasey to spend the night at his farm after they help him remove a dead bull from the river?
4. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
(a) To send an enemy to jail for their crimes.
(b) To cause an enemy to catch a terrible, disfiguring illness.
(c) To cause one's enemies to go to Nightland alone, covered in dog excrement, and blue with despair.
(d) To cause an enemy to die in his sleep.
5. What does Ruby instruct Ada to do while she is in town trading for beef?
(a) Plow the fields.
(b) Build a scarecrow.
(c) Split logs and burn brush.
(d) Milk the cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
2. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
3. Where is Inman's companion planning on going?
4. Who does Inman run into in the middle of the night at Deep River?
5. From whom is the letter Ruby brings Ada in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)