|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Footsteps in the Snow".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Inman after he drinks some fluid Lila gave him?
(a) He is unable to fight off her attempts at seduction.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He becomes instantly drunk.
(d) He becomes violently ill.
2. Who is Ruby's father?
(a) Inman's cousin.
(b) Stobrod Thewes.
3. What do Ruby and Ada allow the messenger to do as they leave?
(a) To sleep in the house until they return.
(b) To take a few chickens when he leaves.
(c) To take their horse to escape the area.
(d) To sleep in the hayloft until dark.
4. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
(a) At the local store.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) At church.
(d) At the local school.
5. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
(a) The piano.
(b) A few acres of land and the tabacco crop.
(c) The cabriolet and the hog.
(d) The horse and some coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman hope Ada's reaction will be when she sees him?
2. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
3. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
4. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
5. What does the farmer insist Inman do with his wife after catching them in a lover's embrace?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)