|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Footsteps in the Snow".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ruby and Ada spend the night as they set out to find Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) In an old Indian village.
(b) In a shelter Ruby knew as a child.
(c) In an abandoned barn.
(d) At the home of a friend of Monroe's.
2. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
(a) Laura is the sister of a Home Guardsmen who ambushes Inman at Deep River.
(b) Laura is the war widow Inman meets beside Deep River.
(c) Laura is the wife of a farmer Inman helps by cutting up a bull that has died in the river by his farm.
(d) Laura is the woman the preacher has gotten pregnant and wants to kill to hide his indiscretion.
3. What income did Ada and her father live on?
(a) The farm only.
(b) Investments only.
(c) An investment and a small section of the farm.
(d) An inheritance from the family of Ada's mother.
4. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
(a) In a big city in the East.
(b) At Black Cove with Ada.
(c) In the flatlands he is traveling through.
(d) In a cabin high in the moutains.
5. What is the name of the farmer who invites Inman and Veasey to spend the night at his farm after they help him remove a dead bull from the river?
Short Answer Questions
1. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
2. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
3. What does Inman do to help Laura?
4. Who saves Inman's companion from being shot in a standoff with a drunk?
5. What object does Ruby instruct Ada to create in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)