|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Footsteps in the Snow".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
(c) South Carolina.
2. What does Inman do with the preacher?
(a) Inman knocks him out and runs away while he is unconscious.
(b) Inman turns him over to the local law.
(c) Inman ties him to a tree with a confession written above him.
(d) Inman leaves him alone in the woods, naked and without a weapon.
3. How does Inman escape his ordeal after leaving the farmer's home?
(a) Inman and Veasey are rescued by Lila, the farmer's wife.
(b) Inman survives the shooting and is able to cut his restraints with a rock.
(c) Inman and Veasey decide they are better off where they are and do nothing.
(d) Inman and Veasey run away in the middle of the night.
4. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
(a) To Catch an Ilness.
(b) To Destroy Life.
(c) To Catch a Theif.
(d) To End a Life.
5. What does Inman hope Ada's reaction will be when she sees him?
(a) Inman hopes Ada will joke with him.
(b) Inman hopes Ada will have a great many stories to tell him.
(c) Inman hopes Ada will welcome him with open arms.
(d) Inman hopes Ada will have a fresh meal waiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
2. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
3. What instrument does Ada and Ruby's guest play?
4. Who does Inman meet who is in search of a slave he fell in love with on his father's prosperous farm?
5. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)