|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Footsteps in the Snow".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ruby and Ada allow the messenger to do as they leave?
(a) To sleep in the house until they return.
(b) To sleep in the hayloft until dark.
(c) To take their horse to escape the area.
(d) To take a few chickens when he leaves.
2. What contest do Ada and Ruby have one night in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
(a) A horse riding competition.
(b) A story writing competition.
(c) A milking competition.
(d) A hair braiding competition.
3. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
(a) The teachings of the Koran.
(b) How to be in tune with nature.
(c) The beliefs of the Catholic Church.
(d) Druid Spirituality.
4. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
(d) South Carolina.
5. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
(a) A group of fugitives fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
(b) A group of deserters hiding from the Home Guard.
(c) A group of gypsies downstream from him.
(d) A Confederate army unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
2. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
3. What does Inman do with the saw?
4. As Inman continues his journey, who does he come across who helps him?
5. How does Inman attempt to find Ada?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)