|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Footsteps in the Snow".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) On a stroll in the woods.
(b) To the barn to see a new horse.
(c) In a boat on the river.
(d) To an abandoned cabin.
2. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
(a) Druid Spirituality.
(b) The beliefs of the Catholic Church.
(c) How to be in tune with nature.
(d) The teachings of the Koran.
3. What does Inman find when he eventually reaches Black Cove?
(a) Veasey has reached it first.
(b) The Georgia boy there alone.
(c) An abandoned farm.
4. Why does Inman become upset about Ada's reaction to his story?
(a) Ada laughs at the story.
(b) Ada calls the story folkloric.
(c) Ada belittles Inman for believing in the story.
(d) Ada says the story is false.
5. Where do Ada and Ruby go for the night as snow begins to threaten?
(a) To an abandoned Indian cave.
(b) To a village abandoned by the Trail of Tears.
(c) To the same shelter they used the night before.
(d) To an abandoned barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Inman meet who is in search of a slave he fell in love with on his father's prosperous farm?
2. Where is Inman's companion planning on going?
3. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
4. Who saves Inman's companion from being shot in a standoff with a drunk?
5. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)