|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inman do with the preacher?
(a) Inman leaves him alone in the woods, naked and without a weapon.
(b) Inman ties him to a tree with a confession written above him.
(c) Inman knocks him out and runs away while he is unconscious.
(d) Inman turns him over to the local law.
2. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six years.
(d) Sixty years.
3. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
(a) That he has stolen food from a nearby store.
(b) That she has run away from her husband with all the family money.
(c) That he has impregnanted a woman not his fiancee.
(d) That she has killed her husband.
4. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
(a) They are both well educated.
(b) They were both raised without mothers.
(c) They are both rich, spoiled young women.
(d) They are both orphans.
5. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
(a) In a boat he finds tied to a tree on the shore.
(b) In a canoe piloted by the daughter of the ferryman.
(c) On a small raft someone has left abandoned.
(d) On a ferry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
2. What does Ada find in the basement of her house?
3. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
4. Why does Ruby come to Black Cove?
5. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)