|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(c) Sir Gawain.
2. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
(a) Ada has sold the farm with the intention of returning to Charleston.
(b) Ada has hired a neighbor to care for the farm.
(c) Ada has done nothing on the farm.
(d) Ada has taken the farm in hand and is running it efficiently.
3. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
(a) The horse and some coffee.
(b) The piano.
(c) A few acres of land and the tabacco crop.
(d) The cabriolet and the hog.
4. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From his mother.
(b) From his father.
(c) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
(d) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
5. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
(a) Because the preacher attempted to kill Inman.
(b) Because the preacher attempted to kill an innocent girl to hide his sins.
(c) Because the preacher attempted to rob Inman.
(d) Becase the preacher threatened to turn Inman in to the Home Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
2. What income did Ada and her father live on?
3. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
4. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
5. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)