|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
(a) At Black Cove with Ada.
(b) In a big city in the East.
(c) In a cabin high in the moutains.
(d) In the flatlands he is traveling through.
2. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
(a) Two men and a prostitute.
(b) Two men and a blacksmith.
(c) Two women and a blacksmith.
(d) Two women and a shopkeeper.
3. What skill does Ada not have that she might need to survive on her own?
(a) Ada cannot sew.
(b) Ada cannot cook.
(c) Ada cannot milk a cow.
(d) Ada cannot grow vegetables.
4. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(d) Sir Gawain.
5. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
(a) They are both well educated.
(b) They are both rich, spoiled young women.
(c) They are both orphans.
(d) They were both raised without mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
2. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
3. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
4. What does Inman do to help Laura?
5. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)