|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
(a) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
(b) A picture of an unknown woman.
(c) A LeMat's pistol.
(d) A leather medicine bag.
2. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
(a) Her aunt's.
(b) Her grandparent's.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her cousin's.
3. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
(a) Stobrod left him alone, causing him to become trapped under some logs.
(b) Stobrod burned down his house while helping him burn logs.
(c) Stobrod leaves him alone, causing him to be mauled by a bear.
(d) Stobrod got him arrested by distilling illegal liquor on his property.
4. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
(a) That she has run away from her husband with all the family money.
(b) That she has killed her husband.
(c) That he has impregnanted a woman not his fiancee.
(d) That he has stolen food from a nearby store.
5. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) On a stroll in the woods.
(b) To the barn to see a new horse.
(c) To an abandoned cabin.
(d) In a boat on the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
2. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
3. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
4. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
5. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)