|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
(a) A leather medicine bag.
(b) A LeMat's pistol.
(c) A Whitworth .45 riffle.
(d) A picture of an unknown woman.
2. What income did Ada and her father live on?
(a) Investments only.
(b) An investment and a small section of the farm.
(c) The farm only.
(d) An inheritance from the family of Ada's mother.
3. What does Ruby suggest Ada sell to generate some money to help them survive the winter?
(a) Either the coffee or the tabacco crop.
(b) Either the piano or the cabriolet.
(c) Either the hog or the horse.
(d) Either the house or a few acres of land.
4. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
(a) Laura is the sister of a Home Guardsmen who ambushes Inman at Deep River.
(b) Laura is the wife of a farmer Inman helps by cutting up a bull that has died in the river by his farm.
(c) Laura is the woman the preacher has gotten pregnant and wants to kill to hide his indiscretion.
(d) Laura is the war widow Inman meets beside Deep River.
5. Where does Ruby live while helping Ada at Black Cove?
(a) In the barn with the animals.
(b) In the old servants' cabin.
(c) In town.
(d) In the house with Ada.
Short Answer Questions
1. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
2. Why does Inman believe the person he sees at Deep River is up to no good?
3. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
4. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
5. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)