|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Ada at a Christmas party that she should marry Inman?
2. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
(a) Ada has bad memories of her childhood in Charleston.
(b) Ada feels she has nothing to go back to.
(c) Ada feels Cold Mountain is the only place where she belongs.
(d) Ada does not like her relatives in Charleston.
3. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
(a) Why man is burdened with free will.
(b) Why man is born to die.
(c) Why man was created.
(d) Why man is doomed to failure.
4. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
(a) Sally Swanger.
5. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
(a) Her cousin's.
(b) Her grandparent's.
(c) Her aunt's.
(d) Her best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
2. What does Inman do with the preacher?
3. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
4. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
5. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)