|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ada find in the basement of her house?
(a) A case of champagne.
(b) A nest of rats.
(c) A one-hundred pound bag of coffee.
(d) A stack of rare books.
2. What does Inman do to help Laura?
(a) Inman returns her to her home, safe and sound.
(b) Inman takes Laura to a settlement where she might find her husband.
(c) Inman save Laura from a group of Federals who want to steal her only means of survival.
(d) Inman seduces Laura and agrees to marry her.
3. Who introduced Inman to Ada?
(a) Sally Swanger.
4. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From his father.
(b) From his mother.
(c) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
(d) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
5. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
(a) Ada has hired a neighbor to care for the farm.
(b) Ada has sold the farm with the intention of returning to Charleston.
(c) Ada has done nothing on the farm.
(d) Ada has taken the farm in hand and is running it efficiently.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
2. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
3. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
4. What does Inman do with the preacher?
5. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)