|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
(a) Ada has plenty of money to live on.
(b) Ada should return to Charleston to inherit her money.
(c) There is no money left.
(d) The farm was left to Ada's cousin, making her dependent on family for income.
2. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
(a) Why man was created.
(b) Why man is born to die.
(c) Why man is burdened with free will.
(d) Why man is doomed to failure.
3. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
(a) Casper, Wyoming.
(b) Camden, South Carolina.
(c) Dallas, Texas.
(d) Nashville, Tennessee.
4. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he became a preacher.
(b) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
(c) That he became a politician.
(d) That he married another young woman.
5. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(b) Sir Gawain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
2. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
3. Why does Ruby come to Black Cove?
4. What does Ruby suggest Ada sell to generate some money to help them survive the winter?
5. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)