|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
(a) Stobrod got him arrested by distilling illegal liquor on his property.
(b) Stobrod left him alone, causing him to become trapped under some logs.
(c) Stobrod leaves him alone, causing him to be mauled by a bear.
(d) Stobrod burned down his house while helping him burn logs.
2. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
(a) Someone begins firing at the canoe.
(b) The ferry sinks.
(c) The boat's owner chases after him.
(d) The raft falls apart.
3. Why does Inman believe the person he sees at Deep River is up to no good?
(a) There is a person bundled up on the back of his horse.
(b) The person appears nervous and incoherent.
(c) The person has a weapon.
(d) The person blushes when questioned.
4. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) A hog.
(b) A cow.
(c) A horse.
(d) A chicken.
5. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six years.
(d) Sixty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ada decide to sell in order to generate some money to help them through winter?
2. What item did Inman find on a battlefield and hide during his medical ordeal?
3. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
4. What does Ruby suggest Ada sell to generate some money to help them survive the winter?
5. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)