|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From his mother.
(b) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
(c) From his father.
(d) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
2. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
(a) Ada feels Cold Mountain is the only place where she belongs.
(b) Ada feels she has nothing to go back to.
(c) Ada has bad memories of her childhood in Charleston.
(d) Ada does not like her relatives in Charleston.
3. Why does Ruby come to Black Cove?
(a) Ruby wants to offer her services to Ada.
(b) Ruby wants to buy Ada's animals.
(c) Ruby wants to befriend Ada.
(d) Ruby wants to buy Black Cove.
4. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
(a) To cause an enemy to die in his sleep.
(b) To cause one's enemies to go to Nightland alone, covered in dog excrement, and blue with despair.
(c) To cause an enemy to catch a terrible, disfiguring illness.
(d) To send an enemy to jail for their crimes.
5. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
(a) A dead animal.
(b) That the corn is spoiled.
(c) Real food being cooked.
(d) The approach of diry, smelly men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
2. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
3. What does Inman do with the preacher?
4. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
5. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)