|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Ada lived in Black Cove?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Sixty years.
2. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
3. Who invites Inman to join their camp?
(a) A group of gypsies downstream from him.
(b) A Confederate army unit.
(c) A group of fugitives fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
(d) A group of deserters hiding from the Home Guard.
4. What does Ruby suggest Ada sell to generate some money to help them survive the winter?
(a) Either the coffee or the tabacco crop.
(b) Either the hog or the horse.
(c) Either the house or a few acres of land.
(d) Either the piano or the cabriolet.
5. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
(a) The teachings of the Koran.
(b) How to be in tune with nature.
(c) The beliefs of the Catholic Church.
(d) Druid Spirituality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ruby's father?
2. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
3. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
4. What is Ada looking for when she goes searching in the basement?
5. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)