|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
(a) Wild humans.
(b) Wild leopards.
(c) Wild boars.
(d) Wild dogs.
2. What does Inman do to help Laura?
(a) Inman seduces Laura and agrees to marry her.
(b) Inman save Laura from a group of Federals who want to steal her only means of survival.
(c) Inman takes Laura to a settlement where she might find her husband.
(d) Inman returns her to her home, safe and sound.
3. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
(a) That the corn is spoiled.
(b) Real food being cooked.
(c) The approach of diry, smelly men.
(d) A dead animal.
4. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(b) Sir Gawain.
5. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
(a) That he wants to be a preacher one day.
(b) That he is afraid of being killed in battle.
(c) That he wants to be president of the new Confederacy.
(d) That he is in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
2. What income did Ada and her father live on?
3. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
4. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
5. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)