|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
(a) At church.
(b) At the local school.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) At the local store.
2. Why does a neighbor have such a grudge against Stobrod that he often shoots at him when he passes his farm?
(a) Stobrod burned down his house while helping him burn logs.
(b) Stobrod left him alone, causing him to become trapped under some logs.
(c) Stobrod got him arrested by distilling illegal liquor on his property.
(d) Stobrod leaves him alone, causing him to be mauled by a bear.
3. What is the name of the spell Inman speaks after the fight he is forced into outside the settlement?
(a) To Catch an Ilness.
(b) To End a Life.
(c) To Catch a Theif.
(d) To Destroy Life.
4. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
(a) The teachings of the Koran.
(b) The beliefs of the Catholic Church.
(c) How to be in tune with nature.
(d) Druid Spirituality.
5. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
(b) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
(c) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
(d) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Inman run into in the middle of the night at Deep River?
2. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
3. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
4. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
5. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)