|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
(a) How to be in tune with nature.
(b) Druid Spirituality.
(c) The teachings of the Koran.
(d) The beliefs of the Catholic Church.
2. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
(a) Because the preacher attempted to kill Inman.
(b) Becase the preacher threatened to turn Inman in to the Home Guard.
(c) Because the preacher attempted to rob Inman.
(d) Because the preacher attempted to kill an innocent girl to hide his sins.
3. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
(a) Laura is the woman the preacher has gotten pregnant and wants to kill to hide his indiscretion.
(b) Laura is the wife of a farmer Inman helps by cutting up a bull that has died in the river by his farm.
(c) Laura is the war widow Inman meets beside Deep River.
(d) Laura is the sister of a Home Guardsmen who ambushes Inman at Deep River.
4. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
(a) She was drunk and became unstable.
(b) She became faint and giddy.
(c) He pulled her into his lap for a kiss.
(d) She was attempting to seduce him.
5. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
(a) That he is afraid of being killed in battle.
(b) That he wants to be president of the new Confederacy.
(c) That he wants to be a preacher one day.
(d) That he is in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ruby come to Black Cove?
2. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
3. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
4. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
5. Why does Inman believe the person he sees at Deep River is up to no good?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)