|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ada's father choose Cold Mountain over a spa or other appropriate situation?
(a) Ada's father felt the weather of Cold Mountain would be better than any other place.
(b) Ada's father loved Cold Mountain.
(c) Ada's father believed it was his calling to preach to the mountain people.
(d) Ada's father wanted to be close to the Indians indiginous to the area.
2. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) To an abandoned cabin.
(b) On a stroll in the woods.
(c) To the barn to see a new horse.
(d) In a boat on the river.
3. What has Ada done on the farm since her father's death?
(a) Ada has done nothing on the farm.
(b) Ada has hired a neighbor to care for the farm.
(c) Ada has taken the farm in hand and is running it efficiently.
(d) Ada has sold the farm with the intention of returning to Charleston.
4. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
(a) On a small raft someone has left abandoned.
(b) In a canoe piloted by the daughter of the ferryman.
(c) In a boat he finds tied to a tree on the shore.
(d) On a ferry.
5. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
(a) Laura is the wife of a farmer Inman helps by cutting up a bull that has died in the river by his farm.
(b) Laura is the woman the preacher has gotten pregnant and wants to kill to hide his indiscretion.
(c) Laura is the war widow Inman meets beside Deep River.
(d) Laura is the sister of a Home Guardsmen who ambushes Inman at Deep River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
2. What do Ruby and Ada have in common?
3. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
4. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
5. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)