|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Ruby's rescue?
(a) A hunter.
(b) Her father.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) A neighbor.
2. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
(a) That he has impregnanted a woman not his fiancee.
(b) That she has killed her husband.
(c) That she has run away from her husband with all the family money.
(d) That he has stolen food from a nearby store.
3. What caused Ruby to spend the night in the woods when she is only four?
(a) She is cornered by a mother bear protecting her cub.
(b) She is injured in a rock slide.
(c) She is lost in the dark.
(d) She becomes attached to a blackthorn tree.
4. Who does Inman run into in the middle of the night at Deep River?
(a) A farmer with a wounded bull.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A war widow.
(d) A Home Guardsman.
5. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) A hog.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A cow.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman do to help Laura?
2. What does Inman do with the preacher?
3. What income did Ada and her father live on?
4. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
5. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)