Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ashes of Roses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
(a) Two men and a prostitute.
(b) Two women and a shopkeeper.
(c) Two women and a blacksmith.
(d) Two men and a blacksmith.
2. Where was Stobrod the last time Ruby heard of him?
(a) In the army at Sharpsburg.
(b) In prison.
(c) In the Home Guard roaming Cold Mountain.
(d) In the hospital in Charleston.
3. Why does Ada find herself sitting in Inman's lap?
(a) She was drunk and became unstable.
(b) He pulled her into his lap for a kiss.
(c) She became faint and giddy.
(d) She was attempting to seduce him.
4. What income did Ada and her father live on?
(a) An inheritance from the family of Ada's mother.
(b) The farm only.
(c) An investment and a small section of the farm.
(d) Investments only.
5. After the death of her father, what does Ada learn about her financial situation?
(a) Ada should return to Charleston to inherit her money.
(b) There is no money left.
(c) The farm was left to Ada's cousin, making her dependent on family for income.
(d) Ada has plenty of money to live on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ada decide not to return to Charleston after her father's death?
2. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
3. Who does Inman run into in the middle of the night at Deep River?
4. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
5. Who was Monroe's favorite poet?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)