|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Freewill Savages".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Ada recall Inman telling her?
(a) How Swimmer once taught him a spell called To Cause Grave Illness.
(b) An Indian story about the origins of Cold Mountain.
(c) An Indian story about a tribe's inability to enter the hidden room behind Shining Rock.
(d) The story of his birth and early childhood.
2. Where is Inman's companion planning on going?
(a) South Carolina.
3. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
(a) LeMats revolver.
(b) Whitworth .45 rifle.
(c) Reminton rifle.
(d) Colt .45 revolver.
4. What does Ada use to construct the item Ruby has told her to create?
(a) A peice of coal.
(b) An old ball gown.
(c) Lard from the hog killed earlier in the year.
(d) An old cart.
5. What does Inman do with the preacher?
(a) Inman leaves him alone in the woods, naked and without a weapon.
(b) Inman turns him over to the local law.
(c) Inman knocks him out and runs away while he is unconscious.
(d) Inman ties him to a tree with a confession written above him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
2. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
3. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
4. What does Ruby find in the trap she set in the cornfield?
5. What object does Ruby instruct Ada to create in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)