|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Freewill Savages".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Inman's companion from being shot in a standoff with a drunk?
(a) The barkeeper.
(b) A prostitute named Tildy.
(d) The local sheriff.
2. What does Inman do to help Laura?
(a) Inman takes Laura to a settlement where she might find her husband.
(b) Inman save Laura from a group of Federals who want to steal her only means of survival.
(c) Inman seduces Laura and agrees to marry her.
(d) Inman returns her to her home, safe and sound.
3. What object does Ruby instruct Ada to create in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
(a) A scarecrow.
(b) A drawing of a heron.
(c) A bar of soap.
(d) A picnic table.
4. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
(a) That he has stolen food from a nearby store.
(b) That she has killed her husband.
(c) That she has run away from her husband with all the family money.
(d) That he has impregnanted a woman not his fiancee.
5. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inman steal while at the same time leaving money for its cost?
2. What does Inman say happened in Petersburg?
3. Who is the woman named Laura that Inman meets in the chapter, Life Any Other Thing, a Gift?
4. What does Ruby find in the trap she set in the cornfield?
5. Who joins Ada and Ruby for supper as they enjoy what will most likely be their final dinner outside that fall?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)