|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Freewill Savages".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
(a) In the flatlands he is traveling through.
(b) In a big city in the East.
(c) In a cabin high in the moutains.
(d) At Black Cove with Ada.
2. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
(a) On a small raft someone has left abandoned.
(b) In a canoe piloted by the daughter of the ferryman.
(c) On a ferry.
(d) In a boat he finds tied to a tree on the shore.
3. How did this person come to compose his own music?
(a) He was inspired by a dying girl he was paid to perform for.
(b) He was inspired by his daughter.
(c) He was inspired by the death of the woman he loved.
(d) He was inspired by the death and destruction he witnessed in the war.
4. Who attacks Inman as he leaves the area where the settlement was?
(a) Two women and a shopkeeper.
(b) Two men and a blacksmith.
(c) Two women and a blacksmith.
(d) Two men and a prostitute.
5. What does Inman say happened in Petersburg?
(a) A group of Confederates ambushed some Federals.
(b) A group of Federal tunnelers blew up a Confederate company.
(c) A group of Home Guardsmen murdered a group of deserters.
(d) A group of Indians massacred a Union company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Inman meet who is in search of a slave he fell in love with on his father's prosperous farm?
2. What did Ada's father often preach about during church services?
3. What object does Ruby instruct Ada to create in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
4. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
5. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)