|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Freewill Savages".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Inman believe the person he sees at Deep River is up to no good?
(a) There is a person bundled up on the back of his horse.
(b) The person blushes when questioned.
(c) The person has a weapon.
(d) The person appears nervous and incoherent.
2. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
(a) In a canoe piloted by the daughter of the ferryman.
(b) On a small raft someone has left abandoned.
(c) In a boat he finds tied to a tree on the shore.
(d) On a ferry.
3. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
(a) A red haired woman in a bathing suit.
(b) A blond woman in a fancy dress.
(c) A dark haired woman on a horse.
(d) A brunette on a bull.
4. Who joins Ada and Ruby for supper as they enjoy what will most likely be their final dinner outside that fall?
5. Where does Inman dream of living one day?
(a) In a big city in the East.
(b) At Black Cove with Ada.
(c) In a cabin high in the moutains.
(d) In the flatlands he is traveling through.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Inman dream of as he sleeps the night after meeting the Gypsies?
2. Why does Veasey hit his companion over the head in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
3. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
4. What does Inman do with the preacher?
5. What contest do Ada and Ruby have one night in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)