|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Freewill Savages".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruby do with the trapped animal from the cornfield?
(a) Gives him supplies and directions.
(b) Feeds him breakfast and threatens to shoot him if he steals from her again.
(c) Lets him go.
(d) Feeds him to the cows.
2. What does Ada use to construct the item Ruby has told her to create?
(a) Lard from the hog killed earlier in the year.
(b) An old cart.
(c) An old ball gown.
(d) A peice of coal.
3. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
(b) South Carolina.
4. Why does Veasey hit his companion over the head in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) Because he attempted to rob a shop keeper.
(b) Because he attempted to steal Inman's haversack.
(c) Because he attempted to molest a woman on the street.
(d) Because he refused to pay a prostitute for her services.
5. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
(a) That she has killed her husband.
(b) That he has stolen food from a nearby store.
(c) That she has run away from her husband with all the family money.
(d) That he has impregnanted a woman not his fiancee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
2. What story does Ada recall Inman telling her?
3. What contest do Ada and Ruby have one night in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
4. Why does Inman believe the person he sees at Deep River is up to no good?
5. What does Inman say happened in Petersburg?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)