|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Freewill Savages".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
(a) Reminton rifle.
(b) Colt .45 revolver.
(c) Whitworth .45 rifle.
(d) LeMats revolver.
2. Who joins Inman on his journey in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering?
(a) The Home Guardsman, Teague.
(b) His childhood friend, Swimmer.
(c) The preacher, Solomon Veasey.
(d) The blind man from the military hospital.
3. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
(a) On a ferry.
(b) On a small raft someone has left abandoned.
(c) In a canoe piloted by the daughter of the ferryman.
(d) In a boat he finds tied to a tree on the shore.
4. What does Inman say happened in Petersburg?
(a) A group of Home Guardsmen murdered a group of deserters.
(b) A group of Federal tunnelers blew up a Confederate company.
(c) A group of Indians massacred a Union company.
(d) A group of Confederates ambushed some Federals.
5. What confession does the person Inman meets at Deep River make?
(a) That she has killed her husband.
(b) That he has impregnanted a woman not his fiancee.
(c) That she has run away from her husband with all the family money.
(d) That he has stolen food from a nearby store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Inman's companion from being shot in a standoff with a drunk?
2. What instrument does Ada and Ruby's guest play?
3. What object does Ruby instruct Ada to create in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
4. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
5. What happens as Inman slowly crosses the river?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)