|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Freewill Savages".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Inman believe the person he sees at Deep River is up to no good?
(a) There is a person bundled up on the back of his horse.
(b) The person has a weapon.
(c) The person appears nervous and incoherent.
(d) The person blushes when questioned.
2. Where did Inman meet Ada for the first time?
(a) At church.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) At the local store.
(d) At the local school.
3. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
(a) To cause one's enemies to go to Nightland alone, covered in dog excrement, and blue with despair.
(b) To send an enemy to jail for their crimes.
(c) To cause an enemy to catch a terrible, disfiguring illness.
(d) To cause an enemy to die in his sleep.
4. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
(a) On a ferry.
(b) In a canoe piloted by the daughter of the ferryman.
(c) On a small raft someone has left abandoned.
(d) In a boat he finds tied to a tree on the shore.
5. Who does Inman run into in the middle of the night at Deep River?
(a) A Home Guardsman.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A war widow.
(d) A farmer with a wounded bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What guards the farms that Inman passes in the flatlands?
2. What does Ruby do with the trapped animal from the cornfield?
3. Where is Inman's companion planning on going?
4. What woman reminds Inman of Ada?
5. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)