|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Freewill Savages".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Ruby instruct Ada to create in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
(a) A scarecrow.
(b) A bar of soap.
(c) A picnic table.
(d) A drawing of a heron.
2. What does Inman steal while at the same time leaving money for its cost?
(a) A new watch.
(b) A new pair of shoes.
(c) A new shirt.
(d) A dinner bag.
3. Where is Inman's companion planning on going?
(a) South Carolina.
4. What story does Ada recall Inman telling her?
(a) An Indian story about a tribe's inability to enter the hidden room behind Shining Rock.
(b) The story of his birth and early childhood.
(c) How Swimmer once taught him a spell called To Cause Grave Illness.
(d) An Indian story about the origins of Cold Mountain.
5. Why does a preacher believe Inman means to kill him?
(a) Becase the preacher threatened to turn Inman in to the Home Guard.
(b) Because the preacher attempted to rob Inman.
(c) Because the preacher attempted to kill Inman.
(d) Because the preacher attempted to kill an innocent girl to hide his sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom is the letter Ruby brings Ada in the chapter, In Place of the Truth?
2. Why does Inman become upset about Ada's reaction to his story?
3. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
4. While cooking corn mash, Inman smells what downstream?
5. How does Inman attempt to cross the river?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)