|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Freewill Savages".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gun does Inman notice in a settlement where he stops to pick up supplies?
(a) LeMats revolver.
(b) Whitworth .45 rifle.
(c) Reminton rifle.
(d) Colt .45 revolver.
2. What story does Ada recall Inman telling her?
(a) An Indian story about a tribe's inability to enter the hidden room behind Shining Rock.
(b) The story of his birth and early childhood.
(c) How Swimmer once taught him a spell called To Cause Grave Illness.
(d) An Indian story about the origins of Cold Mountain.
3. Who saves Inman's companion from being shot in a standoff with a drunk?
(b) A prostitute named Tildy.
(c) The local sheriff.
(d) The barkeeper.
4. Where did Inman learn this spell?
(a) From an old, tattooed Cherokee woman.
(b) From his father.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From Swimmer, a childhood friend.
5. Why does Inman become upset about Ada's reaction to his story?
(a) Ada calls the story folkloric.
(b) Ada says the story is false.
(c) Ada laughs at the story.
(d) Ada belittles Inman for believing in the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this person who joins Inman in the chapter, Exile and Brute Wandering, tell Inman about what happened to him after their last meeting?
2. Where did a man see a black woman placed in a cage and left for the buzzards to torment?
3. What does Inman do to help Laura?
4. What is the purpose of the spell Inman speaks?
5. Why does Veasey hit his companion over the head in the chapter Exile and Brute Wandering?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)