|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
(a) Casper, Wyoming.
(b) Dallas, Texas.
(c) Nashville, Tennessee.
(d) Camden, South Carolina.
2. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
(a) That she risks death every time she does anything that could lead to injury.
(b) That she is lonesome and he would be too.
(c) That solitude leads to insanity.
(d) That solitude is boring.
3. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
(a) She feeds him a hearty meal that staves off starvation.
(b) She nurses him through his illness.
(c) She treats his wounds and gives him medication.
(d) She gives him a ride back to the military hospital.
4. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) A map given to him by the yellow slave.
(b) A map given to him by the Federals.
(c) A map given to him by Veasey.
(d) A map given to him by Lila.
5. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) To the barn to see a new horse.
(b) In a boat on the river.
(c) To an abandoned cabin.
(d) On a stroll in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
2. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
3. Who does Inman meet as he comes to the end of his map in the chapter, The Doing of It?
4. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
5. Why does Inman's progress begin to slow in the chapter, The Doing of It?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)