|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes one of these men to believe Stobrod and Pangle are holy men?
(a) Their Bibles.
(b) Their music.
(c) Their speeches.
(d) Their clothing.
2. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) Pangle's cousin.
(b) A young man from Georgia.
(c) A young man from Tennessee.
(d) A young Indian woman.
3. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
(a) Her grandparent's.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her cousin's.
(d) Her aunt's.
4. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) A horse.
(b) A hog.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A cow.
5. What do these men want to know about?
(a) Where the nearest town is.
(b) Where Inman might be.
(c) What unit Stobrod and Pangle are with.
(d) The band of outliers robbing rich slavers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
2. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
3. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
4. Why does Inman's progress begin to slow in the chapter, The Doing of It?
5. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)