|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
(a) Druid Spirituality.
(b) How to be in tune with nature.
(c) The teachings of the Koran.
(d) The beliefs of the Catholic Church.
2. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her cousin's.
(c) Her aunt's.
(d) Her grandparent's.
3. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
(a) Run away and hide.
(b) Offer up their money and a few animals for food.
(c) Feed them a chicken dinner and give them supplies.
(d) Cowar as the visitors raid their supplies.
4. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
5. Why does Inman's progress begin to slow in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) Inman is injured, both from a wound to the head and the wound in his neck from the war battle.
(b) Inman has contracted an illness in his chest, is running a fever, and is delirious.
(c) Inman is beginning to doubt his decision to walk away from his committment to the army and is considering returning.
(d) Inman has begun to starve to death and the malnutrition is making him so sick he cannot walk very well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
2. Who does Inman meet as he comes to the end of his map in the chapter, The Doing of It?
3. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
4. Who rides up and begins asking Strobrod and Pangle questions?
5. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)