|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
(a) She feeds him a hearty meal that staves off starvation.
(b) She treats his wounds and gives him medication.
(c) She gives him a ride back to the military hospital.
(d) She nurses him through his illness.
2. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
(a) Druid Spirituality.
(b) The beliefs of the Catholic Church.
(c) The teachings of the Koran.
(d) How to be in tune with nature.
3. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
4. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
(b) That he became a politician.
(c) That he married another young woman.
(d) That he became a preacher.
5. What do these men want to know about?
(a) What unit Stobrod and Pangle are with.
(b) Where the nearest town is.
(c) Where Inman might be.
(d) The band of outliers robbing rich slavers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
2. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
3. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
4. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
5. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)