|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
(a) That solitude leads to insanity.
(b) That she is lonesome and he would be too.
(c) That she risks death every time she does anything that could lead to injury.
(d) That solitude is boring.
2. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
(a) A dead doe they ate.
(b) The large amount of fruit they have been eating.
(c) Cherries they stole from a local orchard.
(d) Some spoiled vegetables Ruby gave them.
3. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
(a) Offer up their money and a few animals for food.
(b) Cowar as the visitors raid their supplies.
(c) Feed them a chicken dinner and give them supplies.
(d) Run away and hide.
4. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(d) Sir Gawain.
5. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
2. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
3. What causes one of these men to believe Stobrod and Pangle are holy men?
4. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
5. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)