|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) A young man from Tennessee.
(b) A young Indian woman.
(c) A young man from Georgia.
(d) Pangle's cousin.
2. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
3. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he became a politician.
(b) That he became a preacher.
(c) That he married another young woman.
(d) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
4. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
(a) Cowar as the visitors raid their supplies.
(b) Run away and hide.
(c) Feed them a chicken dinner and give them supplies.
(d) Offer up their money and a few animals for food.
5. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
(a) That he wants to be president of the new Confederacy.
(b) That he is afraid of being killed in battle.
(c) That he wants to be a preacher one day.
(d) That he is in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
2. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
3. What causes one of these men to believe Stobrod and Pangle are holy men?
4. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
5. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)