|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) On a stroll in the woods.
(b) In a boat on the river.
(c) To an abandoned cabin.
(d) To the barn to see a new horse.
2. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
(a) The beliefs of the Catholic Church.
(b) How to be in tune with nature.
(c) The teachings of the Koran.
(d) Druid Spirituality.
3. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
(a) Feed them a chicken dinner and give them supplies.
(b) Cowar as the visitors raid their supplies.
(c) Offer up their money and a few animals for food.
(d) Run away and hide.
4. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) A hog.
(b) A cow.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A horse.
5. What do these men want to know about?
(a) What unit Stobrod and Pangle are with.
(b) Where the nearest town is.
(c) The band of outliers robbing rich slavers.
(d) Where Inman might be.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
2. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
3. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
4. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
5. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)