|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes one of these men to believe Stobrod and Pangle are holy men?
(a) Their Bibles.
(b) Their music.
(c) Their clothing.
(d) Their speeches.
2. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
(a) A group of women and children fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
(b) The Federals.
(c) The Home Guard.
(d) A group of deserters from Fredricksburg.
3. Who rides up and begins asking Strobrod and Pangle questions?
(a) A Confederate scout.
(b) The Home Guard led by Teague.
(c) Some Federals.
(d) An Indian scout.
4. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
5. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(c) Sir Gawain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
2. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
3. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
4. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
5. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)