|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
(a) Offer up their money and a few animals for food.
(b) Cowar as the visitors raid their supplies.
(c) Feed them a chicken dinner and give them supplies.
(d) Run away and hide.
2. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
(a) A dead doe they ate.
(b) Some spoiled vegetables Ruby gave them.
(c) The large amount of fruit they have been eating.
(d) Cherries they stole from a local orchard.
3. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
4. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
(a) That she risks death every time she does anything that could lead to injury.
(b) That solitude leads to insanity.
(c) That she is lonesome and he would be too.
(d) That solitude is boring.
5. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) A map given to him by the yellow slave.
(b) A map given to him by the Federals.
(c) A map given to him by Veasey.
(d) A map given to him by Lila.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
2. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
3. Who rides up and begins asking Strobrod and Pangle questions?
4. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
5. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)