|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) A map given to him by the Federals.
(b) A map given to him by Veasey.
(c) A map given to him by Lila.
(d) A map given to him by the yellow slave.
2. What causes one of these men to believe Stobrod and Pangle are holy men?
(a) Their clothing.
(b) Their speeches.
(c) Their music.
(d) Their Bibles.
3. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he married another young woman.
(b) That he became a preacher.
(c) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
(d) That he became a politician.
4. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) A young man from Georgia.
(b) Pangle's cousin.
(c) A young Indian woman.
(d) A young man from Tennessee.
5. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
2. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
3. What do these men want to know about?
4. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
5. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)