|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
(a) The large amount of fruit they have been eating.
(b) Cherries they stole from a local orchard.
(c) A dead doe they ate.
(d) Some spoiled vegetables Ruby gave them.
2. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
(b) That he became a politician.
(c) That he married another young woman.
(d) That he became a preacher.
3. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(d) Sir Gawain.
4. Why does Inman's progress begin to slow in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) Inman has begun to starve to death and the malnutrition is making him so sick he cannot walk very well.
(b) Inman has contracted an illness in his chest, is running a fever, and is delirious.
(c) Inman is injured, both from a wound to the head and the wound in his neck from the war battle.
(d) Inman is beginning to doubt his decision to walk away from his committment to the army and is considering returning.
5. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes one of these men to believe Stobrod and Pangle are holy men?
2. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
3. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
4. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
5. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)