|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) A young Indian woman.
(b) A young man from Tennessee.
(c) A young man from Georgia.
(d) Pangle's cousin.
2. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(c) Sir Gawain.
3. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
(a) That solitude leads to insanity.
(b) That solitude is boring.
(c) That she is lonesome and he would be too.
(d) That she risks death every time she does anything that could lead to injury.
4. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
(a) She feeds him a hearty meal that staves off starvation.
(b) She gives him a ride back to the military hospital.
(c) She treats his wounds and gives him medication.
(d) She nurses him through his illness.
5. Who does Inman meet as he comes to the end of his map in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) A dedicated preacher.
(b) An old hermit woman.
(c) A war bride.
(d) A band of gypsies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
2. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
3. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
4. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
5. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)