|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he became a preacher.
(b) That he married another young woman.
(c) That he became a politician.
(d) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
2. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) To the barn to see a new horse.
(b) In a boat on the river.
(c) To an abandoned cabin.
(d) On a stroll in the woods.
3. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) Pangle's cousin.
(b) A young man from Tennessee.
(c) A young Indian woman.
(d) A young man from Georgia.
4. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
(a) She gives him a ride back to the military hospital.
(b) She treats his wounds and gives him medication.
(c) She feeds him a hearty meal that staves off starvation.
(d) She nurses him through his illness.
5. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
2. Who rides up and begins asking Strobrod and Pangle questions?
3. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
4. What causes one of these men to believe Stobrod and Pangle are holy men?
5. Who does Inman meet as he comes to the end of his map in the chapter, The Doing of It?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)