|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) A hog.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A cow.
(d) A horse.
2. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(a) Sir Gawain.
3. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
(a) That she risks death every time she does anything that could lead to injury.
(b) That she is lonesome and he would be too.
(c) That solitude is boring.
(d) That solitude leads to insanity.
4. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
(a) Nashville, Tennessee.
(b) Camden, South Carolina.
(c) Casper, Wyoming.
(d) Dallas, Texas.
5. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
2. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
3. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
4. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
5. Why does Inman's progress begin to slow in the chapter, The Doing of It?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)