|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
(a) That he is afraid of being killed in battle.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That he wants to be a preacher one day.
(d) That he wants to be president of the new Confederacy.
2. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
(a) She gives him a ride back to the military hospital.
(b) She nurses him through his illness.
(c) She treats his wounds and gives him medication.
(d) She feeds him a hearty meal that staves off starvation.
3. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) In a boat on the river.
(b) To an abandoned cabin.
(c) On a stroll in the woods.
(d) To the barn to see a new horse.
4. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
(a) That solitude is boring.
(b) That solitude leads to insanity.
(c) That she risks death every time she does anything that could lead to injury.
(d) That she is lonesome and he would be too.
5. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
2. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
3. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
4. What do these men want to know about?
5. Why does Inman's progress begin to slow in the chapter, The Doing of It?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)