|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) A cow.
(b) A hog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A chicken.
2. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
(a) Her cousin's.
(b) Her aunt's.
(c) Her grandparent's.
(d) Her best friend.
3. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
(a) That solitude is boring.
(b) That solitude leads to insanity.
(c) That she is lonesome and he would be too.
(d) That she risks death every time she does anything that could lead to injury.
4. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
(a) The Home Guard.
(b) A group of deserters from Fredricksburg.
(c) A group of women and children fleeing the Federals in Tennessee.
(d) The Federals.
5. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
(a) Camden, South Carolina.
(b) Dallas, Texas.
(c) Nashville, Tennessee.
(d) Casper, Wyoming.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
2. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
3. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
4. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
5. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)