|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
(a) Dallas, Texas.
(b) Nashville, Tennessee.
(c) Camden, South Carolina.
(d) Casper, Wyoming.
2. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
(a) To an abandoned cabin.
(b) On a stroll in the woods.
(c) In a boat on the river.
(d) To the barn to see a new horse.
3. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
(a) Her aunt's.
(b) Her grandparent's.
(c) Her cousin's.
(d) Her best friend.
4. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
(a) He orders that they be allowed to go free.
(b) He orders them arrested.
(c) He orders them shot.
(d) He orders them hung.
5. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
(a) Offer up their money and a few animals for food.
(b) Run away and hide.
(c) Cowar as the visitors raid their supplies.
(d) Feed them a chicken dinner and give them supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
2. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
3. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
4. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
5. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)