|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rides up and begins asking Strobrod and Pangle questions?
(a) An Indian scout.
(b) Some Federals.
(c) The Home Guard led by Teague.
(d) A Confederate scout.
2. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
(b) That he became a preacher.
(c) That he became a politician.
(d) That he married another young woman.
3. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
(a) He orders them arrested.
(b) He orders them hung.
(c) He orders them shot.
(d) He orders that they be allowed to go free.
4. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
5. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
(a) Casper, Wyoming.
(b) Camden, South Carolina.
(c) Nashville, Tennessee.
(d) Dallas, Texas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Inman's progress begin to slow in the chapter, The Doing of It?
2. Who does Inman meet as he comes to the end of his map in the chapter, The Doing of It?
3. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
4. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
5. What causes one of these men to believe Stobrod and Pangle are holy men?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)