|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
(a) A young man from Tennessee.
(b) A young Indian woman.
(c) A young man from Georgia.
(d) Pangle's cousin.
2. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
(a) Cowar as the visitors raid their supplies.
(b) Feed them a chicken dinner and give them supplies.
(c) Run away and hide.
(d) Offer up their money and a few animals for food.
3. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) A map given to him by Lila.
(b) A map given to him by Veasey.
(c) A map given to him by the Federals.
(d) A map given to him by the yellow slave.
4. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
(a) She gives him a ride back to the military hospital.
(b) She nurses him through his illness.
(c) She feeds him a hearty meal that staves off starvation.
(d) She treats his wounds and gives him medication.
5. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(c) Sir Gawain.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
2. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
3. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
4. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
5. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)