|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
(a) Run away and hide.
(b) Feed them a chicken dinner and give them supplies.
(c) Cowar as the visitors raid their supplies.
(d) Offer up their money and a few animals for food.
2. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
(a) That she risks death every time she does anything that could lead to injury.
(b) That solitude leads to insanity.
(c) That she is lonesome and he would be too.
(d) That solitude is boring.
3. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he became a preacher.
(b) That he married another young woman.
(c) That he became a politician.
(d) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
4. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A hog.
(c) A cow.
(d) A horse.
5. Who rides up and begins asking Strobrod and Pangle questions?
(a) The Home Guard led by Teague.
(b) An Indian scout.
(c) Some Federals.
(d) A Confederate scout.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal does the new person Inman meets in the chapter, The Doing of It, raise?
2. In the chapter, Naught and Grief, who has joined Stobrod and Pangle?
3. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
4. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
5. What do these men want to know about?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)