|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
(a) Her aunt's.
(b) Her cousin's.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her grandparent's.
2. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
(a) That she risks death every time she does anything that could lead to injury.
(b) That solitude is boring.
(c) That she is lonesome and he would be too.
(d) That solitude leads to insanity.
3. What do these men want to know about?
(a) What unit Stobrod and Pangle are with.
(b) Where the nearest town is.
(c) Where Inman might be.
(d) The band of outliers robbing rich slavers.
4. What does the young man who takes Ada away during the party tell her?
(a) That he wants to be a preacher one day.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That he wants to be president of the new Confederacy.
(d) That he is afraid of being killed in battle.
5. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
(a) Druid Spirituality.
(b) How to be in tune with nature.
(c) The beliefs of the Catholic Church.
(d) The teachings of the Koran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
2. Who is Waldo, mentioned in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
3. Who does Inman meet as he comes to the end of his map in the chapter, The Doing of It?
4. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
5. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)