|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ada later learn happened to this young man who spent time alone with her during her final party in Charleston?
(a) That he was killed at Gettysburg.
(b) That he became a politician.
(c) That he became a preacher.
(d) That he married another young woman.
2. At whose house did Ada attend her final party in Charleston?
(a) Her aunt's.
(b) Her cousin's.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her grandparent's.
3. What does Inman learn about this new person that leaves him feeling as though solitude might not be the answer?
(a) That she is lonesome and he would be too.
(b) That solitude leads to insanity.
(c) That she risks death every time she does anything that could lead to injury.
(d) That solitude is boring.
4. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
(a) Run away and hide.
(b) Cowar as the visitors raid their supplies.
(c) Feed them a chicken dinner and give them supplies.
(d) Offer up their money and a few animals for food.
5. How does this new person help Inman with his journey?
(a) She gives him a ride back to the military hospital.
(b) She feeds him a hearty meal that staves off starvation.
(c) She treats his wounds and gives him medication.
(d) She nurses him through his illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Stobrod and his companions to become ill in the chapter Naught and Grief?
2. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
3. Where does a young man take Ada during this party?
4. Who rides up and begins asking Strobrod and Pangle questions?
5. Who comes to Black Cove as Ada and Ruby ready the winter garden?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)