One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Naught and Grief".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character in the story Ada reads to Ruby does Ruby believe resembles her father?
(b) Sir Gawain.
2. Why does Inman's progress begin to slow in the chapter, The Doing of It?
(a) Inman has begun to starve to death and the malnutrition is making him so sick he cannot walk very well.
(b) Inman has contracted an illness in his chest, is running a fever, and is delirious.
(c) Inman is injured, both from a wound to the head and the wound in his neck from the war battle.
(d) Inman is beginning to doubt his decision to walk away from his committment to the army and is considering returning.
3. Who believes parties are a waste of time and energy?
4. What do Ruby and Ada do when these visitors surprise them at Black Cove while they are preparing the winter garden?
(a) Cowar as the visitors raid their supplies.
(b) Run away and hide.
(c) Offer up their money and a few animals for food.
(d) Feed them a chicken dinner and give them supplies.
5. Where are the guests who visit Black Cove going?
(a) Dallas, Texas.
(b) Nashville, Tennessee.
(c) Casper, Wyoming.
(d) Camden, South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ruby attempting to teach Ada while living at Black Cove?
2. What causes one of these men to believe Stobrod and Pangle are holy men?
3. What map does Inman follow on the next leg of his journey in the chapter, The Doing of It?
4. What story does Ada read to Ruby in the chapter Ashes of Roses?
5. What does the leader of these men order be done with Stobrod and Pangle after they get the answers they needed?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)