|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim the best in the world at?
2. How much does Jim pay the cab driver?
3. What is Christine's special skill?
4. Where does Jim get his surname from?
5. What is Jim's greatest fear as the plane tries to land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jim doing in the Mojave Desert?
2. What happens on the plane?
3. How does Holly track Jim down?
4. What happens to Jim when he arrives home from Boston?
5. What did Jim do after teaching?
6. Why is Jim not going to church?
7. Why is Jim there?
8. What is the significance of the beer?
9. What new danger emerges after the landing?
10. What happens once Holly is inside Jim's home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the differences between Jim and Holly. How different are their lives and what choices may have affected this? What are their strengths and weaknesses as individuals? In what way is this relationship used to develop the themes of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Jim so concerned with forgetting the past? What message is Koontz trying to convey with Jim's character? Is Jim successful in forgetting his past? How does his past affect his relationships with the others?
Essay Topic 3
If the book were made into a film, how would Koontz's style of narrative be reflected in film? Would the book make a good film?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)