|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relatives does Jim still have?
2. Who regularly snores in the office?
3. How does Tommy describe life?
4. What is Jim afraid of?
5. What does Holly use to hide in the ticket line?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Jim find Holly?
2. What is the significance of Jim's appearance in Holly's dream?
3. Why is Jim there?
4. How do Jim and Holly meet?
5. What is Jim doing in the Mojave Desert?
6. Do Jim's predictions come true?
7. How does Holly find out the nightmare is more than just a dream?
8. What does the attack motivate Holly to do?
9. What happens once Holly is inside Jim's home?
10. What happens to Jim when he arrives home from Boston?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Jim is truly disturbed, and why? How does this impact on his relationships with the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Koontz's depiction of the character Holly Thorne. How does Koontz characterize Holly? What goals does Holly have to achieve? How successful is Holly at achieving these goals?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the book, Jim decides to continue rescuing innocent people. Why would he want to continue? How different would his life be if he stopped? What impact will Holly have to his plans? Explain.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)