|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which weapon would a reporter use?
2. What part of the DC-10 explodes?
3. Where is Jim almost shot by the biker's second shot?
4. What can Jim do better than Eddie?
5. What is Jim's advice if they hear the steel-guitar string noise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new danger emerges after the landing?
2. How does he manage to escape?
3. What is the significance of Jim's appearance in Holly's dream?
4. How does Jim find out his destination?
5. How does Holly convince Jim to speak with her?
6. What does Holly learn from Viola Moreno?
7. Why does Jim suddenly head to the airport?
8. What happens on the plane?
9. What happens when the men return to the Roadking?
10. Why does Holly return to the motel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the talents of Jim and Holly differ? How is this difference used to develop the book's themes and evolution of each character?
Essay Topic 2
If the book were made into a film, how would Koontz's style of narrative be reflected in film? Would the book make a good film?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the narrative's setting. What is the impact of it being set in the world of today? Why does the author choose the modern world as a setting? What might have been different in the book if it had been written in the past, future, or a fantasy setting?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)