|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does the atmosphere in the family gathering remind Flora?
(a) Young Frankenstein.
(b) The Adams Family.
(c) Madame Tussand's Chamber of Horrors.
(d) Madame Tussand's Serial Killer Room.
2. Who does Reuben settle upon for marriage?
(c) Mark Dolour's daughter.
(d) No one.
3. How is the church decorated?
(a) With white flowers.
(b) With poinsettas.
(c) With confetti.
(d) With red roses.
4. Why does Rennett cry?
(a) She always cries at wedddings.
(b) She wishes she had not married Mr. Mybug.
(c) Because she didn't have a pretty wedding.
(d) She spills brandy on her dress.
5. Where does Flora take Elfine?
(a) To London to get fitted for the upcoming ball.
(b) To Howling to meet Mr. Mybug.
(c) To London to meet Richard.
(d) To Howling to meet with a tailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Flora consult for advice?
2. Where does Flora secure rooms for her and Elfine?
3. What does Adam sing as he milks the cows?
4. How is Elfine's entrance onto the ballroom floor?
5. What has Aunt Ada Doom called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actually produces an emotional response from Flora (as opposed to her usual practical nature) and how does Flora deal with the situation?
2. How are Seth's life and Elfine's life similar?
3. What does Aunt Ada Doom want on the morning of Elfine's wedding and what might her request symbolize?
4. What is Flora's next tidying-up project and how does she start it?
5. How is Aunt Ada Doom's manipulative efforts symbolic of the change that is occurring to the Starkadder clan?
6. What does Flora ask Aunt Ada Doom about Flora's father and what is the answer?
7. How do you think the situation with Flora and the bull is symbolic of Flora with the lives of the Starkadders?
8. Whose perspective does chapter 14 begin with and what may it portend?
9. What might be the symbolizes of the lights being on when Seth, Elfine and Flora return to Cold Comfort Farm from the ball?
10. What convinces Flora that there is more to Seth than meets the eye and what does it seem she will do about him?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)