|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman in a grand leather flying kit?
(c) Aunt Ada Doom's sister.
(d) Aunt Ada Doom.
2. Who carries Flora and Elfine to the waiting car?
(d) No one.
3. Of what does the atmosphere in the family gathering remind Flora?
(a) The Adams Family.
(b) Madame Tussand's Chamber of Horrors.
(c) Young Frankenstein.
(d) Madame Tussand's Serial Killer Room.
4. What does Aunt Ada Doom decide to do which is out of character?
(a) Help Judith do the yearly ceremony.
(b) Go downstairs.
(c) Tell Elfine she can marry Richard.
(d) Let Flora decide who she wants to marry.
5. To whom does Reuben propose?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Flora and Elfine go that night?
2. Why is Seth happy to be going to the ball?
3. Who is meeting Flora and Judith for lunch?
4. Why is Flora both relieved and excited?
5. What book does Flora consult for advice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Flora's next tidying-up project and how does she start it?
2. What is the parallel between Flora and Mr. Neck?
3. How do you think the situation with Flora and the bull is symbolic of Flora with the lives of the Starkadders?
4. What is the significance of the sukebind?
5. Do you think Aunt Ada Doom is "doomed" to misery?
6. What actually produces an emotional response from Flora (as opposed to her usual practical nature) and how does Flora deal with the situation?
7. What does Harkaway tell Flora and what is her response?
8. Describe Aunt Ada Doom's appearance and behavior in the downstairs when Flora and the others walk in after the ball.
9. What does Flora give Elfine to help her and do you think it will?
10. What does Flora ask Aunt Ada Doom about Flora's father and what is the answer?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)