|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Amos accuse Flora?
(c) Condemnation to hell.
2. How far is Cold Comfort Farm from the sea?
(a) 50 kilometers.
(b) 100 kilometers.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
3. About what does Flora talk to Reuben?
(a) Plowing the back 40.
(b) Her idea of Amos preaching to the masses.
(c) Getting a ride into Howling.
(d) Buying some more cows.
4. What does Flora write Mary to send?
(a) A few bolts of material.
(c) Her shotgun.
(d) Lots of books.
5. What is Mr. Mybug's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which reply most intrigues Flora?
2. Who are Graceless, Pointless, Feckless, and Aimless?
3. What has just happened to Flora Poste?
4. What does Miriam think of the idea of birth control?
5. What does Mary assume Flora will do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miriam react to Flora's information about birth control and how is that reaction a reversal of roles between her and her mother?
2. What does Flora realize she will have to do if she is going to fix the lives of the Starkadders?
3. What is Flora's solution to her situation?
4. To which relatives does Flora write?
5. What does Judith tell Adam and what does this suggest about Cold Comfort Farm?
6. If you were Miriam and had just delivered a baby, how would you feel about being asked to go wash curtains? Do you think this scene could have any other significance?
7. What is the topic of the book Mr. Mybug is writing and what is Flora's reaction to hearing about it?
8. What is a probable foreshadowing in this chapter and why do you think so?
9. What do you think the postcard Flora receives might mean?
10. What do you think it says about Flora's personality that she thinks Mr. Mybug will undoubtedly fall in love with her?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)