|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Flora go?
(a) To the train station.
(b) To the attic.
(c) To the general store.
(d) To Miriam's hut.
2. What surprises Flora about Mrs. Beetle?
(a) Her civility.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her education.
(d) Her rudeness.
3. What does Adam use to wash dishes?
(a) A wire brush.
(b) A sponge.
(d) A dishrag.
4. Of what type of novel is COLD COMFORT FARM a parody?
(b) The late eighteenth/early nineteenth century agricultural literature.
(d) Baroque Literature.
5. Where is the baby now?
(a) With Miriam's mother.
(b) With Miriam.
(c) It was stillborn.
(d) Given up for adoption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Pioneer-Os?
2. What does Flora decide to buy Adam next time she is in Howling?
3. Why do the men go out in the rain?
4. What is Flora wanting to avoid with Mr. Mybug?
5. What does Mary believe about Flora's proposed move to the farm in Sussex?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the topic of the book Mr. Mybug is writing and what is Flora's reaction to hearing about it?
2. What does Judith tell Adam and what does this suggest about Cold Comfort Farm?
3. How is the twig which Adam uses to wash dishes perhaps symbolic of Adam as a man?
4. What does Aunt Ada Doom keep talking about and what's your "take" on this?
5. What is ironic about Amos calling Flora "a fornicator"?
6. Give a very brief synopsis of COLD COMFORT FARM.
7. Briefly characterize each of the main Starkadders introduced in Chapter 3.
8. How does Amos's preaching lend itself well to his becoming a traveling evangelist?
9. What does Flora learn about Seth and how does she plan to use this information?
10. What shows how strongly Flora thinks she is Cold Comfort Farm's guide to sanity?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)