|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flora advice Richard's mother?
(a) Flora does not know what to say to Richard's mother.
(b) To welcome Elfine with open arms and she will never have a more loyal daughter-in-law.
(c) To keep Elfine away from her family until the wedding.
(d) To try to convince Charles to give the baby up for adoption since it isn't his.
2. What does not calm Flora?
(a) Seeing how beautiful Elfine looks.
(b) Breathing slowly.
(c) Having a glass of sherry.
(d) Reading Pensees.
3. What does Flora want to know from Aunt Ada Doom?
(b) Why Aunt Ada Doom wasted her life.
(c) How Flora's father was wronged.
(d) What she really saw in the woodshed.
4. Why does Aunt Ada Doom say they must get on with the feast?
(a) Because the rental equipment has to be back by 5.
(b) Because she is starving.
(c) Because Elfine and Richard will want to be getting on with the best part of the marriage.
(d) Because a plane is picking her up in about an hour.
5. How are Dick and Elfine leaving?
(a) In an auto.
(b) By train.
(c) By plane.
(d) They are having their honeymoon in Howling.
6. Who sends a postcard full of enthusiasm to Cold Comfort Farm?
(a) Mr. Mybug.
7. What does Flora throw herself into doing?
(a) Changing Elfine into a "society" type.
(b) Saving money so she can get off the farm.
(c) Finding Amos a job.
(d) Learning all aspects of farm life.
8. How is the church decorated?
(a) With poinsettas.
(b) With red roses.
(c) With confetti.
(d) With white flowers.
9. Who arrives at Cold Comfort Farm?
(d) Mr. Mybug and Mr. Neck.
10. Who leaves the group?
11. What do Richard and Elfine announce at the end of the evening?
(a) That Elfine is going to be a lady-in-waiting to the queen.
(b) That Richard and Elfine married two weeks earlier.
(c) That Elfine is expecting.
(d) Their engagement.
12. What day is it at the opening to this chapter?
13. Who is with Aunt Ada Doom?
(a) Judith and Rennet.
(b) Flora and Judith.
(c) Rennet and Elfine.
(d) No one.
14. To whom does Reuben propose?
15. How is Elfine's entrance onto the ballroom floor?
(a) She trips and sprains her ankle.
(b) No one really notices her.
(d) She rips her dress on a corner desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is meeting Flora and Judith for lunch?
2. Who does Urk say he'll marry?
3. About what is Adam in shock?
4. What are Aunt Ada Doom's first words to Flora?
5. What does Aunt Ada Doom decide to do which is out of character?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)