|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adam do?
(a) Runs off with the cook.
(b) Puts wreaths around the cow's necks.
(c) Makes ice cream.
2. Who does Reuben settle upon for marriage?
(b) Mark Dolour's daughter.
(c) No one.
3. What does Aunt Ada Doom keep thinking?
(a) About what she saw in the woodshed for real.
(b) About what she should do now.
(c) About how lucky they were that Flora came to Cold Comfort Farm.
(d) About how many more Starkadder's will be leaving the farm.
4. What does not calm Flora?
(a) Reading Pensees.
(b) Breathing slowly.
(c) Seeing how beautiful Elfine looks.
(d) Having a glass of sherry.
5. To whom does Reuben propose?
6. How will the nest with four pink eggs help Elfine?
(a) They are Faberge eggs and worth much money.
(b) They will remind her of her days of whimsy.
(c) They will reflect back her lovliness to Richard.
(d) It will help her have four children.
7. Why is Seth happy to be going to the ball?
(a) He wants to meet his future brother-in-law.
(b) The women won't be after him.
(c) He wants to try out some new dance steps.
(d) He hopes the women will all oogle him.
8. Who has Flora "squared away" by the end of this chapter?
(a) No one.
(b) Aunt Ada Doom.
9. Why does Seth rush off?
(a) He is chasing the bull that got out of the pasture.
(b) So he is not detained by Aunt Ada Doom.
(c) Because he has to catch a train.
(d) He wants to meet some woman in the village.
10. What does the Starkadder tell Flora that is disconcerting?
(a) There are other Starkadder females in the area.
(b) That he is slated to marry Flora.
(c) That he is running away to London.
(d) That she is running away to London.
11. Who is meeting Flora and Judith for lunch?
(a) An artist.
(b) An Austrian doctor.
(c) No one.
(d) A lawyer.
12. What are Aunt Ada Doom's first words to Flora?
(a) "Elfine is not marrying that man."
(b) "I saw something nasty in the woodshed."
(c) "You are a nasty, nasty girl."
(d) "You will be marrying Urk."
13. Why is Flora both relieved and excited?
(a) That Elfine receives the lady-in-waiting position.
(b) That Richard announced his engagement to Elfine.
(c) That Charles is there.
(d) That Elfine is expecting because they were afraid she was sterile.
14. What does Aunt Ada Doom decide to do which is out of character?
(a) Help Judith do the yearly ceremony.
(b) Go downstairs.
(c) Tell Elfine she can marry Richard.
(d) Let Flora decide who she wants to marry.
15. What does Flora think is going on with Richard's mother?
(a) That she may disown Richard.
(b) That she is angry.
(c) That she may be in a bit of shock about Elfine.
(d) That she is quite proud of Richard's announcement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Flora secure rooms for her and Elfine?
2. Which Starkadder does Flora encounter in Howling?
3. Who promises to secure invitations to the Hawk-Monitor's
4. About what does Reuben worry?
5. What does Aunt Ada Doom want for breakfast on the day of the wedding?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)