|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves the group?
2. From where does Flora think there will be opposition to Elfine's choice?
(a) No one as they will think Elfine is moving upwards in class.
(b) The Starkadder family.
(c) Amos only.
(d) Only Aunt Ada Doom
3. What is the purpose of what Aunt Ada Doom has called?
(a) To have a fiscal accounting.
(b) To celebrate Elfine's upcoming marriage.
(c) To learn what Starkadders are still alive or around the area.
(d) To count all the sheep born over the last year.
4. Why does Aunt Ada Doom say they must get on with the feast?
(a) Because the rental equipment has to be back by 5.
(b) Because she is starving.
(c) Because Elfine and Richard will want to be getting on with the best part of the marriage.
(d) Because a plane is picking her up in about an hour.
5. Who is meeting Flora and Judith for lunch?
(a) An Austrian doctor.
(b) An artist.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) No one.
6. What does not calm Flora?
(a) Breathing slowly.
(b) Reading Pensees.
(c) Having a glass of sherry.
(d) Seeing how beautiful Elfine looks.
7. What does Flora throw herself into doing?
(a) Learning all aspects of farm life.
(b) Finding Amos a job.
(c) Saving money so she can get off the farm.
(d) Changing Elfine into a "society" type.
8. Who does Reuben settle upon for marriage?
(a) Mark Dolour's daughter.
(c) No one.
9. What does Flora wonder about the sukebind on the mantle?
(a) If it is symbolic of something.
(b) If it is the thing that is so aromatic.
(c) If it is poisonous.
(d) If when the sukebind buds open, all the trouble begins.
10. To whom does Flora feel a need to speak?
(a) Mrs. Hawk-Monitor.
(d) Aunt Ada Doom.
11. Who is next on Flora's agenda to be fixed?
(b) Aunt Ada Doom.
12. What does Flora think is going on with Richard's mother?
(a) That she may disown Richard.
(b) That she is quite proud of Richard's announcement.
(c) That she may be in a bit of shock about Elfine.
(d) That she is angry.
13. Who has Flora "squared away" by the end of this chapter?
(a) Aunt Ada Doom.
(c) No one.
14. Why does Rennett cry?
(a) She spills brandy on her dress.
(b) Because she didn't have a pretty wedding.
(c) She wishes she had not married Mr. Mybug.
(d) She always cries at wedddings.
15. What does Flora do with the help of Mrs. Beetle?
(a) Gets Seth away from the farm for a few weeks.
(b) Let the bull into the pasture.
(c) Milks two of the cows.
(d) Help Miriam get fitted for birth control.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Judith to go for the next six months?
2. To whom does Flora compare favorably to Mr. Mybug?
3. What does Aunt Ada Doom keep thinking?
4. Who arrives at Cold Comfort Farm?
5. What does Flora notice about Cold Comfort Farm?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)