|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the baby now?
(a) Given up for adoption.
(b) With Miriam's mother.
(c) It was stillborn.
(d) With Miriam.
2. What is Mary's social status?
(a) A nun.
(b) An eligible maiden.
(c) A married woman.
(d) A wealthy widow.
3. How much money per year do her parents leave her?
(a) 100 pounds.
(c) 2000 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
4. How would one characterize Amos Starkadder's personality?
(a) Highly religious in talk and prayer in a zealous, condemning way.
(b) Outgoing and friendly.
(c) Calm and insightful.
(d) Reserved but very intelligent.
5. What about Mrs. Beetle's plan does Flora approve?
(a) It is organized.
(b) The children will not be a burden on society.
(c) It will utilitize their bizarre talents.
(d) It has to do with music.
6. What does Mr. Mybug wish to prove?
(a) That Emily Bronte and Branwell had an affair.
(b) That Branwell Bronte did not die young as history states.
(c) That Emily Bronte and Branwell were not actually siblings.
(d) That Branwell Bronte wrote the books for which his sister receive credit.
7. Upon what does Flora give Miriam a lecture?
(b) How to avoid becoming pregnant.
(c) Consorting with the owners of the farm.
(d) Sex out of wedlock.
8. Upon what course of action does Flora decide?
(a) That she will move in to Howling.
(b) That she will have to eat more meals with the Starkadders to get to know them better if her plans are to succeed.
(c) That she will ask them to hire another servant with her money.
(d) That she will leave for London in two weeks.
9. What does Flora write Mary to send?
(a) Her shotgun.
(c) A few bolts of material.
(d) Lots of books.
10. What seems to be Flora's feelings towards Charles?
11. What does Seth think all women want?
(a) To order a man about the house.
(b) To eat up a man.
(c) To beat down a man.
(d) To have a man's money.
12. With whom is Flora going to stay temporarily?
(a) Mary Smiling, a friend.
(b) Her uncle Astor.
(c) A boarding house for unwed mothers.
(d) The family with whom she just ended her job as governess.
13. What does Flora offer to do for Elfine?
(a) Help her get to Richard's 21st birthday party.
(b) Help her elope with Richard in a couple days.
(c) Help her get to America.
(d) Help her with washing the curtains.
14. What month is it in Chapter 10?
15. How does Adam try to get out of picking up Flora?
(a) By taking the sheep to the upper meadow.
(b) By feigning an attack.
(c) By oversleeping.
(d) By pretending the horse is lame.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Flora talk to Reuben?
2. Why does Adam have to practice driving the cart six times?
3. To what does Aunt Judith Starkadder refer in her letter?
4. What has Flora been doing in the last three days?
5. Who are Graceless, Pointless, Feckless, and Aimless?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)