|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Mybug?
(a) A man Flora encounters at the tea shop.
(b) A man in the Brethren congregation.
(c) Flora's father's best friend.
(d) Flora's former teacher.
2. Of what does Amos accuse Flora?
(c) Condemnation to hell.
3. What has always been on Cold Comfort Farm?
(b) Little comfort.
4. What does Amos do at church?
(a) He plays the organ.
(b) He is just a member of the congregation.
(c) He is the preacher.
(d) He directs the choir.
5. In what era is the novel set?
(d) Late 1800s.
6. Who are Graceless, Pointless, Feckless, and Aimless?
(a) The best egg-laying chickens on the farm.
(b) The farm's three bulls.
(c) Three dogs.
(d) The farm's cows.
7. About what are they arguing?
(a) The cow losing a leg.
(b) The horse being lame.
(c) Breakfast being late.
(d) Breakfast being burned.
8. In what shape is the farm layout?
9. What seems to be Flora's feelings towards Charles?
10. What does Flora suggest Amos do?
(a) Preach to larger, more widespread crowds.
(b) Stop preaching.
(c) Become a real farmer.
(d) Move to the United States.
11. Why does Flora want to fix up Elfine's appearance?
(a) To make Elfine attractive to Richard Hawk-Monitor.
(b) So Elfine will settle down a little.
(c) To test out some of the fashion ideas about which Flora's been reading.
(d) So Elfine will like Flora.
12. Of what type of novel is COLD COMFORT FARM a parody?
(b) Baroque Literature.
(d) The late eighteenth/early nineteenth century agricultural literature.
13. What does Flora offer Miriam to wash the curtains?
(b) An old pair of pumps.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A pair of earrings.
14. What does Mary assume Flora will do?
(a) Get a job and her own flat.
(b) Move to the United States.
(c) Get married.
(d) Go to college.
15. Whose job is it to milk the cows?
(a) Adam Lambsbreath.
(b) Amos Starkadder.
(c) Judith Starkadder.
(d) Flora Starkadder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Flora feeling?
2. Who is Richard Hawk-Monitor?
3. What is Flora wanting to avoid with Mr. Mybug?
4. Who does Flora deduce is the father of Miriam's children?
5. How much money per year do her parents leave her?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)