|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what thoughts is Adam consumed?
(a) Of Judith Starkadder.
(b) Of getting lost on his way to the train station.
(c) Of failing to control the cart.
(d) Thoughts of Elfine.
2. What does Aunt Ada Doom do to the rest of the family?
(a) Makes them wait on her.
(b) Controls them.
(c) Advices them.
(d) Makes fun of them.
3. What seems to be Flora's feelings towards Charles?
4. What does Mary assume Flora will do?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Move to the United States.
(c) Get a job and her own flat.
(d) Get married.
5. Who admits giving his daughter chicken feathers?
(a) Mark Dolour.
6. What is Adam doing when Flora comes downstairs?
(c) Cutting turnips and watching the livestock through an open door.
(d) Playing a harmonica.
7. What does Flora subtly suggest to Reuben?
(a) That he should be courting Elfine.
(b) That whoever runs the farm while Amos is gone will be the natural heir.
(c) That he should be courting Miriam.
(d) That the dairy production would increase if they supplemented the grazing.
8. Why does Flora have trouble getting to know Amos better?
(a) The meals are eaten in virtual silence or fighting.
(b) He is a deaf mute.
(c) He only preaches when he talks.
(d) He never talks to her directly.
9. How does Flora decide to answer Seth?
(a) She gets indignant.
(b) She says he is crude.
(c) She changes the subject.
(d) She slaps him.
10. Who is Mr. Mybug?
(a) Flora's father's best friend.
(b) A man Flora encounters at the tea shop.
(c) Flora's former teacher.
(d) A man in the Brethren congregation.
11. What does Flora ask of Judith?
(a) Flora asks to retire to her rooms and rest before meeting the rest of the family.
(b) Why Adam doesn't call her by her name.
(c) Why it is so gloomy inside.
(d) A ride back to the train station the next day.
12. What does Seth think all women want?
(a) To have a man's money.
(b) To beat down a man.
(c) To order a man about the house.
(d) To eat up a man.
13. What does Mr. Mybug wish to prove?
(a) That Branwell Bronte did not die young as history states.
(b) That Emily Bronte and Branwell had an affair.
(c) That Branwell Bronte wrote the books for which his sister receive credit.
(d) That Emily Bronte and Branwell were not actually siblings.
14. What is Mary's social status?
(a) A married woman.
(b) A nun.
(c) An eligible maiden.
(d) A wealthy widow.
15. To what does Aunt Judith Starkadder refer in her letter?
(a) A problem with pigs in the house.
(b) A great wrong done to Flora's father.
(c) A problem with bats in the belfry.
(d) A need to know exactly who Flora is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Flora been doing in the last three days?
2. How does Flora introduce herself to Seth?
3. Why does Reuben eye Flora with some hostility?
4. The story begins two weeks after what event?
5. Where is the baby now?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)