|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Pioneer-Os?
(a) The precursors to the inventors of Cherrios.
(b) Mary's admirers.
(c) Some people who want to move "back to nature."
(d) Descendants of a group who first settled England when it was called Albion.
2. In what shape is the farm layout?
3. In what style does Flora write her letters?
(a) In a style most appealing to each individual relative.
(b) A baroque style.
(c) A formal, Victorian style.
(d) No style.
4. What is Flora doing when Adam comes in?
(a) Sewing by the fire.
(b) Eating porridge.
(d) Writing a letter.
5. How does Adam try to get out of picking up Flora?
(a) By feigning an attack.
(b) By taking the sheep to the upper meadow.
(c) By pretending the horse is lame.
(d) By oversleeping.
6. What is Mr. Mybug's real name?
7. What does Charles reiterate to Flora?
(a) His offer to rescue her if need be.
(b) How to build fire in a pot-bellied stove.
(c) The best way to confront a mad bull.
(d) The convoluted route.
8. Who offers to rescue Flora in his plane?
9. How does Adam describe Elfine?
(a) As practical and the mainstay of the farm.
(b) As a will-o-the-wisp.
(c) As seventeen and wild, often gone for days at a time to wander the hills.
(d) As bullheaded.
10. Who are Graceless, Pointless, Feckless, and Aimless?
(a) The farm's cows.
(b) The farm's three bulls.
(c) Three dogs.
(d) The best egg-laying chickens on the farm.
11. What excuse does Aunt Ada Doom use to stay in her room?
(a) She is the oldest of everyone there.
(b) She saw something nasty in the woodshed as a little girl.
(c) The rest of the house is too drafty.
(d) She has bad arthritis.
12. What does Flora want to do?
(a) Join a convent.
(b) Get a job as a nanny overseas.
(c) Give relatives her monthly stipend in exchange for room and board.
(d) Go to Hollywood and try to get in the silent films.
13. What about Mrs. Beetle's plan does Flora approve?
(a) The children will not be a burden on society.
(b) It has to do with music.
(c) It will utilitize their bizarre talents.
(d) It is organized.
14. What does Flora decline?
(a) Sweet potato pie.
(d) A cousinly kiss from Adam.
15. Why does Flora have trouble getting to know Amos better?
(a) He is a deaf mute.
(b) The meals are eaten in virtual silence or fighting.
(c) He never talks to her directly.
(d) He only preaches when he talks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the farm in Howling, Sussex?
2. Upon what does Flora give Miriam a lecture?
3. What is the nickname for Cold Comfort Farm?
4. What does Flora throw out of the cart when she climbs onto the cart?
5. What is Miriam's response after Flora's offer?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)