1. Where is the primary setting for this novel?
2. In what era is the novel set?
3. Of what type of novel is COLD COMFORT FARM a parody?
The late eighteenth/early nineteenth century agricultural literature.
4. What has just happened to Flora Poste?
Her parents have recently died.
5. How much money per year do her parents leave her?
6. The story begins two weeks after what event?
The funerals of Flora's parents.
7. With whom is Flora going to stay temporarily?
Mary Smiling, a friend.
This section contains 4,603 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)