|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Adam have to practice driving the cart six times?
(a) So he is prepared to drive it to the train station.
(b) So the horses can get exercise.
(c) So the cart wheels can be trued.
(d) So the cart can be re-fitted for staves.
2. Why is Reuben hard at work?
(a) He is building muscles for a weight-lifting contest.
(b) He likes to work hard.
(c) He wants to clear 10 more acres of land.
(d) He sees himself as primarily responsible for the farm.
3. What month is it in Chapter 10?
4. Who does Adam threaten to kill?
(a) Amo Starkadder if he doesn't stop preaching at him.
(b) A man who is interested in Elfine.
(d) The farmboy who knocks over the milk can in carelessness.
5. What happens to Elfine's hair?
(a) It is curled and stacked on top her head.
(b) It is straightened.
(c) It is dyed a golden blond.
(d) It is cut elegantly short.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would one characterize Amos Starkadder's personality?
2. Who is Adam supposed to meet at the train station?
3. Which reply most intrigues Flora?
4. What does Seth like to do in the evenings?
5. What does Aunt Ada Doom decide to do which is out of character?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)