|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flora want to do?
(a) Get a job as a nanny overseas.
(b) Give relatives her monthly stipend in exchange for room and board.
(c) Go to Hollywood and try to get in the silent films.
(d) Join a convent.
2. The story begins two weeks after what event?
(a) The death of Flora's young husband.
(b) The funerals of Flora's parents.
(c) The birth of Flora's younger brother.
(d) Flora's graduation from governess school.
3. Of what type of novel is COLD COMFORT FARM a parody?
(a) The late eighteenth/early nineteenth century agricultural literature.
(b) Baroque Literature.
4. What does Flora throw out of the cart when she climbs onto the cart?
(a) The straw bed.
(b) Adam's pipe.
(c) A dog.
(d) An old rag.
5. What does Charles reiterate to Flora?
(a) How to build fire in a pot-bellied stove.
(b) His offer to rescue her if need be.
(c) The convoluted route.
(d) The best way to confront a mad bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has just happened to Flora Poste?
2. Who is Adam supposed to meet at the train station?
3. How much money per year do her parents leave her?
4. In what shape is the farm layout?
5. What does Adam call Flora several times?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)