|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the primary setting for this novel?
(a) Sussex, England.
(b) Sussex, France.
(c) Binghampton, England.
(d) Surrey, Italy.
2. What does Flora throw out of the cart when she climbs onto the cart?
(a) Adam's pipe.
(b) The straw bed.
(c) An old rag.
(d) A dog.
3. What has just happened to Flora Poste?
(a) Her parents have recently died.
(b) She just married a man from Eton.
(c) She has just been accepted into Oxford.
(d) She has just gotten pregnant.
4. Whose job is it to milk the cows?
(a) Adam Lambsbreath.
(b) Amos Starkadder.
(c) Flora Starkadder.
(d) Judith Starkadder.
5. In what style does Flora write her letters?
(a) A formal, Victorian style.
(b) A baroque style.
(c) In a style most appealing to each individual relative.
(d) No style.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what era is the novel set?
2. Why do the men go out in the rain?
3. With whom is Flora going to stay temporarily?
4. To what does Aunt Judith Starkadder refer in her letter?
5. Why does Flora take an indirect train route to Howling?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)