1. Where is the primary setting for this novel?
(a) Surrey, Italy.
(b) Sussex, France.
(c) Sussex, England.
(d) Binghampton, England.
2. In what era is the novel set?
(d) Late 1800s.
3. Of what type of novel is COLD COMFORT FARM a parody?
(c) Baroque Literature.
(d) The late eighteenth/early nineteenth century agricultural literature.
4. What has just happened to Flora Poste?
(a) She just married a man from Eton.
(b) Her parents have recently died.
(c) She has just gotten pregnant.
(d) She has just been accepted into Oxford.
5. How much money per year do her parents leave her?
(a) 500 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 2000 pounds.
6. The story begins two weeks after what event?
(a) Flora's graduation from governess school.
(b) The death of Flora's young husband.
(c) The funerals of Flora's parents.
(d) The birth of Flora's younger brother.
7. With whom is Flora going to stay temporarily?
(a) Mary Smiling, a friend.
(b) A boarding house for unwed mothers.
(c) The family with whom she just ended her job as governess.
(d) Her uncle Astor.
This section contains 4,603 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)