|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the SOE organizer in Ormaie?
2. What does Maddie tell the visitor to France, who she knows very well, she is jealous he still has?
(a) His tie.
(b) His boots.
(c) His coat.
(d) His pride.
3. What does someone tell Maddie will be a matter of great pride for Paul?
(a) Finding Julie.
(b) Feeding his command.
(c) Blowing up the Gestapo headquarters.
(d) Getting shot.
4. About how often does Maddie get sent on "special" missions in Part III?
(a) About every 6 weeks.
(b) About every week.
(c) About every 2 weeks.
(d) About every second month.
5. What does Queenie tell Maddie she does for SOE in Part III?
(a) She is a code-breaker.
(b) She is an assassin.
(c) She is a cook.
(d) She is an interrogator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maddie so sore after the plane crash?
2. What is the part of the air force that flies special night missions called?
3. Which son of the Thibaut family works for the Gestapo?
4. What song does Queenie recall in Part III that has Scottish origins?
5. Which composer wrote the opera from which Von Linden got his daughter's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Queenie's full name, which she reveals for the first time in Part IV?
2. What book does Queenie's mother recall in her leaving the windows open for her children?
3. What is the last thing Queenie says to Maddie before jumping out the plane in Part III, and why?
4. What does Queenie see in the pictures that the Gestapo give her?
5. How does Maddie feel about Paul?
6. What does Jamie do when Paul says something inappropriate and disrespectful of Maddie?
7. What surprises Queenie about Von Linden the more she finds out about his personal life in Part III?
8. Where does Maddie desperately want to fly in Part III, and why?
9. What does Paul say in front of the French photographer that makes Maddie even more angry?
10. Why does Queenie take the time to tie down all the cargo in the plane before parachuting out of it?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)