|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maddie's own code name?
2. Who does the SOE organizer in Oramie think Maddie is at first when she emerges from the plane?
3. What rattles Queenie in Part III during her work for the SOE?
(a) She nearly could not find the plane to take her home from France.
(b) She almost shot herself by accident by leaving the safety off her gun.
(c) She was almost shot by her own people.
(d) A German prisoner tried to choke her.
4. What kind of pistol does Maddie carry with her in her plane in Part III?
5. Which composer wrote the opera from which Von Linden got his daughter's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Maddie some hope that Julie is OK at first when she lands in Ormaie?
2. What does Queenie do after telling Maddie about her night when the German almost choked her?
3. When does Maddie really begin to think Julie has been captured by the Gestapo?
4. Who is the SOE organizer in Ormaie?
5. What is Von Linden's daughter's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the ground crew in Ormaie so astounded with Maddie when she crash-lands?
2. Why does Von Linden order Queenie's mouth to be swabbed with carbolic acid?
3. What happens when Queenie and the girl who is French Resistance are taken out to the courtyard in Part III?
4. How does Maddie feel about Paul?
5. What happens to Maddie's and Queenie's plane in Part III when they fly to France?
6. Who does Maddie stay with in Ormaie?
7. Why is Maddie so worried about Julie after she crash-lands in Ormaie?
8. What does Jamie do when Paul says something inappropriate and disrespectful of Maddie?
9. What surprises Queenie about Von Linden the more she finds out about his personal life in Part III?
10. Why is Maddie so distraught that she has Julie's identity papers?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)