|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the first Lysander Maddie flies from Oakway?
(a) Its cockpit is damaged.
(b) Its engine is broken.
(c) It is missing its landing gear.
(d) It has a faulty tailplane handwheel.
2. What is the German air force called?
3. Where was Maddie first stationed in Part I?
4. What do the Nazis wash Queenie's hair with?
(a) Perfumed soap.
(b) Carbolic acid.
5. What do the Nazis let Queenie use to fix her hair for the interview?
(b) Pencil stubs.
(c) Rubber bands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of accent does Maddie have?
2. Why does the ground crew think Maddie cannot fly the damaged plane?
3. Who comes in to post as a German air radio operator in Part I for the British?
4. What does Queenie claim is Engel's color?
5. Who does Maddie hear, improbably, over radio in Part I?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can Queenie hear when she is a Gestapo prisoner in France?
2. What does the phrase "Nacht und Nebel" mean in Queenie's case?
3. What deal does Queenie make with Von Linden in Part I?
4. What does Maddie think about Queenie's skills in Part I?
5. Who does Queenie tell Maddie she is most worried about in the war?
6. What does Queenie tell Maddie about her great-aunt in Part II?
7. What is Queenie most afraid of as a method of killing her in Part I?
8. Who acts as a sort of piloting mentor to Maddie and how does Maddie meet this person?
9. What does Queenie seem to think of Anna Engel?
10. What visual effect do Dympna and Maddie witness in Part II in the plane?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)