|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - The Last Hunters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were most explorers trying to get to in the 16th century?
(a) South America.
2. According to the book, who is the biggest buyer of the draggers' catch?
(d) Long John Silver's.
3. What stage of cod development was most successful in the Norwegian experiment with cod farming?
4. What is the leading cause of death on a modern trawler?
(a) Falling overboard.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Freezing to death.
(d) Being crushed by machinery.
5. Cornwall is warmed by the _____.
(a) Southerly winds.
(c) Gulf Stream.
(d) The position of the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were sail-powered draggers called?
2. One-third of the Iceland town of Heimaey was destroyed by _____ in 1973?
3. What did the Pilgrims fail to bring to North America that would aid in their survival?
4. In 1944, Iceland negotiated full independence from _____.
5. What kept Newfoundland fish processing plants alive for a short time when the cod ran out?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)