|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - The Last Hunters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river is Arrigorriaga on in Basque country?
(a) The Nerbioi.
(b) The Tajo.
(c) The Duero.
(d) The Erbo.
2. What is cod pickled with in barrels?
3. Cod migrate inland to _____.
4. Where were slaves purchased with cured cod?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) West Africa.
5. John Cabot claimed what land for England?
(b) Nova Scotia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sterling", according to Kurlansky, means what?
2. White strips of peanut butter-filled hard candy in St. John's are called _____.
3. What does the phrase "magnimity imported" mean in the language of the southern New England coast?
4. What do New Englanders call smaller thin-shelled quahogs?
5. Who backed Giovanni da Verrazzano on his travels?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)