|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II - Limits.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Clipper schooners" carried a lot of sail. Why were they dangerous?
(a) They weren't dangerous.
(b) They ran aground easily.
(c) They could not handle gale winds.
(d) They maneuvered poorly.
2. What is the name of the one freshwater cod?
3. What replaced nylon in gill nets?
(c) Acetate fiber.
4. What Nova Scotia fish product was heavily salted on schooners, then dried on flakes along a rocky coastline?
(b) Salt ling.
(c) The Lunenburg cure.
(d) Gloucester gold.
5. John Smith renamed _____ "New England".
(b) Nova Scotia.
(c) New Yorkshire.
(d) North Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were most explorers trying to get to in the 16th century?
2. What is the name of the long tube of air bladder in a cod that fills and adjusts swimming depth?
3. According to one theory, the Basques are thought to be the original _____.
4. Watertight ship holds with holes for circulating seawater to keep fish alive were called _____.
5. Which schooner is now tied up as part of a maritime museum in Nova Scotia?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)