|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II - Limits.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the island that Thomas Croft and John Jay searched for in the Atlantic?
(a) Gran Canaria.
2. What is the name of the tropical body of water that once ran around the earth east-west and connected all the oceans?
(a) The Chixiclub Sea,
(b) The Proto-Caribbean Sea.
(c) The Tethys Sea.
(d) The Panthalassic Ocean.
3. Most Icelandic towns have a population under _____ people.
4. What is cod pickled with in barrels?
5. Dorymen's wives made sails for them sewn from _____.
(a) Old clothes.
(b) Flour sacks.
(d) Old sheets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Pilgrims fail to bring to North America that would aid in their survival?
2. Who was the father of Erik the Red?
3. By 1918, which Maine city was building steel-hulled trawlers?
4. What was invented in the mid-19th century that was slow to catch on in the fishing industry?
5. 16th century salt was produced by _____.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)