|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II - Limits.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were infamous on the Grand Banks for the harshness of their working conditions?
(a) The British.
(b) The Portuguese.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The French.
2. In 1598, with whom were the Catholics at war?
(a) The Huguenots.
(b) The Hussars.
(c) The Lutherans.
(d) The Hanseatics.
3. "In gadiform fish, evolution is seen in the _____."
4. In the 1780's, British medicine decided cod-liver oil was a remedy for _____.
5. Where were slaves purchased with cured cod?
(a) New Zealand.
(c) West Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1918, which Maine city was building steel-hulled trawlers?
2. Equipment that waits for the fish is called _____.
3. Where were most explorers trying to get to in the 16th century?
4. One-third of the Iceland town of Heimaey was destroyed by _____ in 1973?
5. What commodity did Bartholomew Gosnold find in North America?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)