|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - A Fish Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sterling", according to Kurlansky, means what?
(b) Of assured value.
(c) 100% silver.
(d) Commonly available.
2. What were wind-dried whiting wetted with seawater to give them a special taste called?
(b) Finnan haddie.
3. 16th century salt was produced by _____.
(b) Chemical extraction.
4. According to one theory, the Basques are thought to be the original _____.
5. From Newfoundland to southern New England, there is a series of shallow areas called _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is the most notable sport the Basques are known for?
2. What is the air bladder of the cod used for in industry?
3. John Cabot claimed what land for England?
4. Which now-extinct bird would flock overhead and darken the sky in 16th century North America?
5. What is the throat of the cod called?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)