|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - The Last Hunters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country, which doesn't have a history of international cooperation, is expanding its fishing capacity?
2. What was the French salt tax called?
(a) Franc sel.
(b) Sels tax.
3. What do humpback whales feed on?
4. Sterling", according to Kurlansky, means what?
(a) 100% silver.
(b) Of assured value.
(d) Commonly available.
5. In Peru, Clarence Birdseye found a way to covert crushed remains of sugar cane into _____.
(a) Dog food.
Short Answer Questions
1. One-third of the Iceland town of Heimaey was destroyed by _____ in 1973?
2. Cod stocks in the _____ were measure by Norwegian officials in 1992 and were found to be healthy again.
3. _____ were blamed for cod disappearances in the 19th century.
4. To the British working class, fish means _____.
5. What are most houses in Iceland made out of now?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)