|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - The Last Hunters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Iceland Coast Guard's secret weapon?
(a) A trawl wire cutter.
(b) A fire hose.
(c) A radio jammer.
(d) A linguistics expert.
2. Who was murdered in the Icelandic fishing station of Grindavík in 1532?
(a) John Cabot.
(b) John Smith.
(c) Erik the Red.
(d) John the Broad.
3. A ship with onboard fish processing is called a _____.
(a) Factory ship.
(b) Process outfitter.
(c) Transport plant.
(d) Floating station.
4. What was the original name of John Cabot?
(a) Jean Cabotte.
(b) Hans Kabut.
(c) Giovanni Caboto.
(d) Juan Cabota.
5. Iceland is encrusted with _____.
(a) Dead sea creatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Canada's biggest competitor in the cod market in the 19th century?
2. The hilltop of _____ is in Spain's northwestern region of Galicia.
3. Cod are supposedly good for farming because of a _____ social structure.
4. Who currently owns Fishy Moore's?
5. Cod migrate inland to _____.
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)