Part I - A Fish Tale
1. According to one theory, the Basques are thought to be the original _____.
2. What is the Basque language called?
3. According to the author, what is the most notable sport the Basques are known for?
(b) Field hockey.
(c) Jai alai.
(d) Table tennis.
4. Who outlawed the Basque language?
(a) Archduke Ferdinand.
(b) Juan Carlos.
(c) Francisco Franco.
(d) Ricardo Sáenz de Ynestrillas Pérez.
5. Who was the father of Erik the Red?
(a) Leif Erickson.
(c) Brodir of Man
(d) Cnut the Great.
6. What does "Hanse" mean in Middle High German?
(c) Higher power.
7. Sterling", according to Kurlansky, means what?
(a) 100% silver.
(c) Commonly available.
(d) Of assured value.
8. Who monopolized the Baltic herring trade and tried the same thing with dried cod in the fifteenth century?
(a) The Hanseatics.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Vikings.
(d) The Huns.
This section contains 3,275 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)