|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps deliver Rose’s baby in Chapter IX?
(a) Don Pickles.
(b) Sam Pickles.
(c) Oriel Lamb.
(d) Dolly Pickles.
2. What has Dolly Pickles broken in her accident in Chapter IX?
(a) He leg.
(b) Her collarbone.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her ribs.
3. Where is the character of Geoffrey Birch from?
(b) Margaret River.
(c) Southern Cross.
4. How does Fish Lamb die in Chapter X?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He is hit by a train.
(c) He overdoses on painkillers.
(d) He is shot.
5. What does Oriel Lamb say she believes in, in Chapter VII?
(a) God and the Ten Commandments.
(b) Eight hours' sleep and a big breakfast.
(c) Allah and the Islamic faith.
(d) Judaism and Buddhism.
Short Answer Questions
1. The young woman that Quick begins dating in Chapter VI says she wants to have a florist shop where?
2. Who spends all day in Kings Park in Chapter VII?
3. What occupation does Quick Lamb decide to enter into in Chapter IX?
4. When Sam comes home from voting in Chapter X, he encounters a black man who tells him what?
5. What hill overlooks the city of Perth and forms part of Kings Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Rose’s position in work and society described in the beginning of Chapter VIII?
2. What bad things begin happening after Sam Pickles has foreseen bad luck in Chapter IX?
3. What does the shadow girl that Fish speaks with represent symbolically in Chapter VII?
4. What is foreshadowed by the marriage of Hattie Lamb in Chapter VII?
5. What does Rose Pickles initially find attractive about Toby Raven in Chapter VIII? How do her feelings change?
6. How is the glow surrounding the character of Beryl Lee interpreted in Chapter VII?
7. What happens to the images on the walls of the library at Cloudstreet when Rose gives birth in Chapter IX? What does this symbolize?
8. What purpose does Rose’s relationship with Toby Raven serve in the narrative?
9. Who is the opening narrator in Chapter VI? What is described in this brief scene?
10. What is foreshadowed by Rose’s realization about leadership in Chapter X?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)