|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has sex on the kitchen table in Chapter VII?
(a) Dolly Pickles and Lester Lamb.
(b) Wogga McBride and Rose Pickles.
(c) Quick Lamb and Rose Pickles.
(d) Chub Pickles and Elaine Lamb.
2. What does Quick Lamb begin selling through the grocery shop in Chapter VIII?
3. In what year is the Perth serial killer hung in Chapter X?
4. Rose comes to the realization in Chapter X that she shares leadership skills in common with whom?
(a) Oriel Lamb.
(b) Geoffrey Birch.
(c) Lucy Wentworth.
(d) Lester Lamb.
5. Who helps deliver Rose’s baby in Chapter IX?
(a) Oriel Lamb.
(b) Don Pickles.
(c) Dolly Pickles.
(d) Sam Pickles.
Short Answer Questions
1. The young woman that Quick begins dating in Chapter VI says she wants to have a florist shop where?
2. What has Dolly Pickles broken in her accident in Chapter IX?
3. What do Quick Lamb and Rose Pickles share as they talk while Fish sleeps in Chapter VIII?
4. Where does Beryl Lee say she is moving in Chapter VII?
5. What is Ted Pickles working as in South Australia in Chapter VIII?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the central focus of Chapter X? How does this chapter introduce hope?
2. What is foreshadowed by the marriage of Hattie Lamb in Chapter VII?
3. What is foreshadowed by the odd glow that surrounds Quick Lamb in Chapter VII?
4. How is Rose’s position in work and society described in the beginning of Chapter VIII?
5. Who is the opening narrator in Chapter VI? What is described in this brief scene?
6. What happens to the images on the walls of the library at Cloudstreet when Rose gives birth in Chapter IX? What does this symbolize?
7. What is indicated symbolically by the letter from Ted Pickles in Chapter VIII?
8. How does the relationship between Dolly and Rose Pickles evolve in Chapter IX?
9. How is the glow surrounding the character of Beryl Lee interpreted in Chapter VII?
10. What purpose does the appearance of the black man serve in Chapter IX?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)