|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hill overlooks the city of Perth and forms part of Kings Park?
(a) Mount Eliza.
(b) Mount Topo.
(c) Mount Casba.
(d) Mount Oriole.
2. Who mentions that Lester Lamb didn’t sleep in his bed the night before in Chapter VII?
(a) Dolly Pickles.
(b) Beryl Lee.
(c) Oriel Lamb.
(d) Fish Lamb.
3. How has Ted Pickles died in Chapter IX?
(a) He was hit by a train.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He drowned in the river.
(d) He developed cancer.
4. Where did the Pickles family live before they inherited the house at Number One Cloud Street?
(a) Southern Cross.
(b) Margaret River.
5. What is the name of Lester Lamb’s cousin that Quick works for in southwestern Australia in Chapter VI?
(a) Mr. Wentworth.
(b) Harry Lamb.
(c) Earl Blunt.
(d) Geoffrey Birch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dolly Pickles become injured in Chapter IX?
2. Who discovers Quick Lamb after his injury in Chapter VI?
3. The young woman that Quick begins dating in Chapter VI says she wants to have a florist shop where?
4. What season is it when Rose stops typing for Toby Raven in Chapter VIII?
5. What body part of Sam’s tingles when bad luck seems to be approaching in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the wedding of Rose and Quick in Chapter VIII? How does this event relate to the story’s plot?
2. What is foreshadowed by the odd glow that surrounds Quick Lamb in Chapter VII?
3. What is represented symbolically by the naked children in the wheat in Chapter X?
4. What does Rose Pickles initially find attractive about Toby Raven in Chapter VIII? How do her feelings change?
5. How does Toby Raven respond when his work is mistaken for another writer’s at the party in Chapter VIII? What is indicated by this response?
6. What is seen on the walls of the library at Cloudstreet in Chapter IX? What do these images represent?
7. What is revealed in the conversation between Lester and Oriel Lamb after the return of Quick in Chapter VII?
8. What is the central focus of Chapter X? How does this chapter introduce hope?
9. What is foreshadowed by the marriage of Hattie Lamb in Chapter VII?
10. What themes and/or motifs are the central focus in Chapter VI?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)