|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Quick and Oriel Lamb haul in a huge catch of what in Chapter VII?
2. How is Quick Lamb injured in Chapter VI?
(a) He is hit by a bus while walking across the street.
(b) He is shot by a poacher.
(c) His hand becomes entangled in a winch.
(d) He is kicked in the chest by a kangaroo.
3. To what southwestern town in Australia does Quick Lamb drive after dropping off the Aborigine hitchhiker in Chapter VI?
(a) Southern Cross.
(d) Margaret River.
4. What is Ted Pickles working as in South Australia in Chapter VIII?
(a) A kangaroo shooter.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A bank teller.
(d) A jockey.
5. What is the name of the young woman that Lon Lamb marries in Chapter IX?
(a) Wogga McBride.
(b) Pansy Mullet.
(c) Beryl Lee.
(d) Lucy Wentworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the black man by the river tell Quick Lamb to do in Chapter IX?
2. How does Fish Lamb die in Chapter X?
3. What is strange about Quick Lamb’s appearance when he is discovered sick by his employers after going out in the boat in Chapter VI?
4. Where do Rose and Quick have their wedding reception in Chapter VIII?
5. When Sam comes home from voting in Chapter X, he encounters a black man who tells him what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed in the conversation between Lester and Oriel Lamb after the return of Quick in Chapter VII?
2. What is indicated symbolically by the letter from Ted Pickles in Chapter VIII?
3. What is foreshadowed by Rose’s realization about leadership in Chapter X?
4. What does Rose Pickles initially find attractive about Toby Raven in Chapter VIII? How do her feelings change?
5. What is represented symbolically by the black hitchhiker that Quick Lamb meets in Chapter VI?
6. What themes and/or motifs are the central focus in Chapter VI?
7. How is Rose’s position in work and society described in the beginning of Chapter VIII?
8. What does the character of Lucy Wentworth represent symbolically in the story?
9. How does the author address the concept of faith through Oriel and Lester in Chapter X?
10. What is seen on the walls of the library at Cloudstreet in Chapter IX? What do these images represent?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)