|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter V, Quick Lamb announces that he is leaving home to do what?
(a) “Go bush.”
(b) “Find himself.”
(c) “Join the military.”
(d) “Fight for freedom.”
2. How do the Lamb daughters feel about their new life in the city in Chapter III?
(a) They love it.
(b) They miss it.
(c) They hate it.
(d) They regret it.
3. The doctor who examines Fish Lamb in Chapter III believes that he must be what as a result of his accident?
(c) Brain damaged.
(d) Physically stunted.
4. What nation has surrendered, leading to the end of the war in Chapter IV?
5. What animal belonging to the Lamb family is said to talk in tongues in Chapter V?
(a) A goldfish.
(b) A horse.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fingers does Sam Pickles lose from his injury in Chapter I?
2. What do the members of the Lamb family spin in order to determine who will wash dishes in Chapter III?
3. Sam daydreams about drinking beer and eating what after work in Chapter I?
4. Who is Sam Pickles gambling with in Chapter IV when he gets so far ahead, the man has to give him a job?
5. Who discovers Sam Pickles sitting on the edge of the bathtub with an open razor in Chapter V?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is noteworthy about the narratives of Quick and Fish Lamb in Chapter IV?
2. What is revealed about the character of Oriel Lamb in the second half of Chapter III?
3. How is the concept of “luck” perceived by the members of the Pickles family? Where did this perception of luck derive from?
4. What scene is depicted in the brief section prior to the opening of Chapter I?
5. What can the character of Rose Pickles be seen to represent symbolically in Chapter I?
6. How do the Pickles family members differ from the Lambs in their perception of luck, as noted in Chapter III?
7. How are Quick Lamb and Rose Pickles described in the beginning of Chapter V? How old are they at this point?
8. How is Fish’s mental state transformed in Chapter V? What has led to this transformation?
9. How is Fish’s mental capacity changed after his accident?
10. Who moves into Cloudstreet after Quick Lamb has left home in Chapter V? How is this character introduced?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)