|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The character of Toby Raven appears to Rose like what, in Chapter VIII?
(a) “An individual.”
(b) “A rich man.”
(c) “A politician.”
(d) “An artist.”
2. How does Fish Lamb die in Chapter X?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He overdoses on painkillers.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is hit by a train.
3. What does Rose Pickles begin typing for Toby Raven in Chapter VIII?
(a) A novel he has written.
(b) A book of poetry he’s written.
(c) A newspaper article he's written.
(d) An autobiography he has written.
4. What occupation does Quick Lamb decide to enter into in Chapter IX?
(a) He becomes a kangaroo shooter.
(b) He becomes a baker.
(c) He becomes a policeman.
(d) He becomes a butcher.
5. Who does Quick Lamb find in bed beside him when he awakens from his sickness in Chapter VII?
(a) Rose Pickles.
(b) Fish Lamb.
(c) Sam Pickles.
(d) Oriel Lamb.
6. Where in the house do Rose and Quick make love in Chapter VIII?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The library.
(c) The attic.
(d) The kitchen.
7. Who has sex on the kitchen table in Chapter VII?
(a) Chub Pickles and Elaine Lamb.
(b) Wogga McBride and Rose Pickles.
(c) Dolly Pickles and Lester Lamb.
(d) Quick Lamb and Rose Pickles.
8. What question does Sam ask the black man that he encounters on his way home from voting in Chapter X?
(a) Who he voted for.
(b) Where his wife is.
(c) Who the ghosts are.
(d) Where his son is.
9. Who threatens Oriel Lamb to a fistfight in Chapter X and loses?
(a) Mery Pickles.
(b) Lon Lamb.
(c) Dolly Pickles.
(d) Fish Lamb.
10. What do Quick Lamb and Rose Pickles share as they talk while Fish sleeps in Chapter VIII?
11. What does Dolly Pickles see when she awakens hung over and enters the library in Chapter IX?
(a) A woman hanging from the ceiling.
(b) The rug shivering in a corner.
(c) A woman holding a hatchet.
(d) A ghost hovering over the table.
12. Who spends all day in Kings Park in Chapter VII?
(a) Sam Pickles.
(b) Rose Pickles.
(c) Elaine Lamb.
(d) Oriel Lamb.
13. To what remote town do Rose and Quick drive to for their vacation in Chapter X?
(b) Southern Cross.
(c) Margaret River.
14. What is Ted Pickles working as in South Australia in Chapter VIII?
(a) A jockey.
(b) A bank teller.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A kangaroo shooter.
15. What hill overlooks the city of Perth and forms part of Kings Park?
(a) Mount Topo.
(b) Mount Casba.
(c) Mount Oriole.
(d) Mount Eliza.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mentions that Lester Lamb didn’t sleep in his bed the night before in Chapter VII?
2. When Sam comes home from voting in Chapter X, he encounters a black man who tells him what?
3. What does Quick Lamb begin selling through the grocery shop in Chapter VIII?
4. It is the last day of what decade when Rose and Quick find a flat in Chapter IX?
5. Who do Quick and Rose see watching them from the wheat while they’re camping on vacation in Chapter X?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)