|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose Pickles begin typing for Toby Raven in Chapter VIII?
(a) A novel he has written.
(b) An autobiography he has written.
(c) A newspaper article he's written.
(d) A book of poetry he’s written.
2. How does Dolly Pickles become injured in Chapter IX?
(a) She falls down a flight of stairs.
(b) She is hit by a train.
(c) She is hit by a car.
(d) She almost drowns in the river.
3. Dolly Pickles confesses to Rose in Chapter IX that her elder sister was what?
(a) Actually her mother.
(b) Actually her cousin.
(c) Actually adopted.
(d) In love with her brother.
4. Who does Quick Lamb find in bed beside him when he awakens from his sickness in Chapter VII?
(a) Sam Pickles.
(b) Rose Pickles.
(c) Oriel Lamb.
(d) Fish Lamb.
5. What body part of Sam’s tingles when bad luck seems to be approaching in the novel?
(a) His hand.
(b) His foot.
(c) His ribcage.
(d) His neck.
6. What has Dolly Pickles broken in her accident in Chapter IX?
(a) Her ribs.
(b) Her collarbone.
(c) He leg.
(d) Her arm.
7. Where do Rose and Quick have their wedding reception in Chapter VIII?
(a) The Returned Servicemen’s League hall.
(c) The monument in the center of
(d) An Anglican church.
8. What hobby does Dolly Pickles take up in Chapter X?
(a) Feeding birds.
(b) Crossword puzzles.
(c) Baking pies
(d) Building model airplanes.
9. How old is Rose Pickles in the beginning of Chapter VIII?
10. When Sam comes home from voting in Chapter X, he encounters a black man who tells him what?
(a) That someone is about to die.
(b) To sell Cloudstreet.
(c) Not to sell Cloudstreet.
(d) That he is going to be murdered.
11. Kings Park is one of the largest inner city parks in the world. Approximately how many acres comprise Kings Park?
12. Who decides to accompany Rose, Quick, and their son, on vacation in Chapter X?
(a) Fish Lamb.
(b) Beryl Lee.
(c) Lester Lamb.
(d) Dolly Pickles.
13. What is the name of the young woman that Lon Lamb marries in Chapter IX?
(a) Pansy Mullet.
(b) Wogga McBride.
(c) Beryl Lee.
(d) Lucy Wentworth.
14. What is Ted Pickles working as in South Australia in Chapter VIII?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A bank teller.
(c) A kangaroo shooter.
(d) A jockey.
15. The boy that Quick finds drowned in the river in Chapter X turns out to be whose son?
(a) The Nedlands Monster’s.
(b) The town mayor's.
(c) Geoffrey Birch’s.
(d) Lester Lamb's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Quick Lamb decide to enter into in Chapter IX?
2. What does Oriel Lamb dream about in Chapter IX?
3. Who does Fish talk to in the library that is described as always crying or angry in Chapter VII?
4. Where is the character of Geoffrey Birch from?
5. What job has Quick Lamb taken in the beginning of Chapter VI?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)