|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Lamb family live before they moved into the house at Number One Cloud Street?
(b) Southern Cross.
(d) Margaret River.
2. What is Ted Pickles working as in South Australia in Chapter VIII?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A bank teller.
(c) A jockey.
(d) A kangaroo shooter.
3. What is the name of the son that Rose gives birth to in Chapter IX?
(a) Joel Lamb.
(b) Harry Lamb.
(c) Lon Lamb.
(d) Mery Lamb.
4. Where do Rose and Quick have their wedding reception in Chapter VIII?
(b) The monument in the center of
(c) An Anglican church.
(d) The Returned Servicemen’s League hall.
5. The boy that Quick finds drowned in the river in Chapter X turns out to be whose son?
(a) The town mayor's.
(b) The Nedlands Monster’s.
(c) Geoffrey Birch’s.
(d) Lester Lamb's.
6. Kings Park in Perth has panoramic views of what river?
(a) The Red River.
(b) The Swan River.
(c) The White River.
(d) The Sydney River.
7. What does the black man by the river tell Quick Lamb to do in Chapter IX?
(a) To follow him.
(b) To move to Sydney.
(c) To go home.
(d) To sell the store.
8. The character of Toby Raven appears to Rose like what, in Chapter VIII?
(a) “An individual.”
(b) “A politician.”
(c) “A rich man.”
(d) “An artist.”
9. Kings Park is one of the largest inner city parks in the world. Approximately how many acres comprise Kings Park?
10. Quick and Rose find a flat and move to what suburb in Chapter IX?
(c) Mosman Park.
11. Where does Beryl Lee say she is moving in Chapter VII?
(a) To a college dorm.
(b) To a brothel.
(c) To a pub hotel.
(d) To a nunnery.
12. When he goes out in the fishing boat in Chapter VI, Quick Lamb sees the figure of what on the shore?
(a) A white woman.
(b) A black woman.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A black man.
13. In what year is the Perth serial killer hung in Chapter X?
14. What is the name of the dog that works alongside Quick Lamb in Chapter VI?
15. Who gets married in the beginning of Chapter VII?
(a) Hattie Lamb and Geoffrey Birch.
(b) Rose Pickles and Fish Lamb.
(c) Merv Pickles and Beryl Lee.
(d) Elaine Lamb and Geoffrey Birch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Perth suburb that has the nearest shops to Cloud Street, across the railroad tracks?
2. Quick and Oriel Lamb haul in a huge catch of what in Chapter VII?
3. When Quick’s son is born in Chapter IX, Quick remarks that the baby is slippery like what?
4. Why does Beryl Lee say she is moving out in Chapter VII?
5. Who does Quick Lamb find in bed beside him when he awakens from his sickness in Chapter VII?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)