|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sam comes home from voting in Chapter X, he encounters a black man who tells him what?
(a) That someone is about to die.
(b) That he is going to be murdered.
(c) Not to sell Cloudstreet.
(d) To sell Cloudstreet.
2. At a party in Chapter VIII, Toby Raven starts talking about a grotesque comedy he is working on, concerning a famous writer and what?
(a) An acress.
(b) A model.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A shop girl.
3. What question does Sam ask the black man that he encounters on his way home from voting in Chapter X?
(a) Where his son is.
(b) Who he voted for.
(c) Who the ghosts are.
(d) Where his wife is.
4. Who threatens Oriel Lamb to a fistfight in Chapter X and loses?
(a) Fish Lamb.
(b) Dolly Pickles.
(c) Lon Lamb.
(d) Mery Pickles.
5. Quick and Oriel Lamb haul in a huge catch of what in Chapter VII?
6. Who helps deliver Rose’s baby in Chapter IX?
(a) Oriel Lamb.
(b) Sam Pickles.
(c) Don Pickles.
(d) Dolly Pickles.
7. Quick and Rose find a flat and move to what suburb in Chapter IX?
(b) Mosman Park.
8. Whom does Quick Lamb dream of rowing a wooden box when he is injured in Chapter VI?
(a) Lon Lamb.
(b) Oriel Lamb.
(c) Lester Lamb.
(d) Fish Lamb.
9. How long do Rose and Quick date before they wed in Chapter VIII?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
10. Where do the Lamb and Pickles families arrange a picnic in Chapter X?
(a) At Kings Park.
(b) In Subiaco.
(c) By the river.
(d) On the mountain.
11. In what year is the Perth serial killer hung in Chapter X?
12. The boy that Quick finds drowned in the river in Chapter X turns out to be whose son?
(a) The Nedlands Monster’s.
(b) The town mayor's.
(c) Lester Lamb's.
(d) Geoffrey Birch’s.
13. The trial of the serial killer in Perth is driven from the front pages of the paper by what news in Chapter X?
(a) The assassination of John F. Kennedy.
(b) The outbreak of WWII.
(c) The assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan.
(d) The assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
14. What is the name of the dog that works alongside Quick Lamb in Chapter VI?
15. How is Quick Lamb injured in Chapter VI?
(a) His hand becomes entangled in a winch.
(b) He is hit by a bus while walking across the street.
(c) He is kicked in the chest by a kangaroo.
(d) He is shot by a poacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fish talk to in the library that is described as always crying or angry in Chapter VII?
2. What is the name of the son that Rose gives birth to in Chapter IX?
3. Who spends all day in Kings Park in Chapter VII?
4. Who catches Quick Lamb and his girlfriend naked in the bush in Chapter VI?
5. What is the name of the young woman that Lon Lamb marries in Chapter IX?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)