|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sam Pickles’s father do for a living?
(a) He was a bus driver.
(b) He was a taxidermist.
(c) He was a college professor.
(d) He was a water diviner.
2. At what veterans club does Lester Lamb begin performing in Chapter V?
(a) The Anzac Club.
(b) The Koala Club.
(c) The Powder-Room Club.
(d) The White Horse Tavern.
3. Who does Rose daydream about running away with in Chapter V?
(a) Lester Lamb.
(b) Quick Lamb.
(c) Fish Lamb.
(d) Toby Raven.
4. What is the name of the competing grocer that Oriel Lamb decides to drive out of business in Chapter V?
(a) Geoffrey Birch.
(b) Wogga McBride.
(c) G.M. Clay.
(d) Toby Raven.
5. What is the name of the department store where Rose Pickles begins working at as a switchboard operator in Chapter V?
6. How old is Rose Pickles when she begins to get alarmingly thin in Chapter V?
7. It is New Year’s Day of what year when Oriel sets up a tent in the backyard in Chapter IV?
8. How do the Lamb daughters feel about their new life in the city in Chapter III?
(a) They regret it.
(b) They love it.
(c) They hate it.
(d) They miss it.
9. How many fingers does Sam Pickles lose from his injury in Chapter I?
10. Sam recuperates in the hospital for how long after his work injury in Chapter I?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4 days.
11. In what town does the Pickles family live in Chapter I?
(a) Margaret River.
(d) Southern Cross.
12. What does Quick Lamb begin clipping from the newspaper and hanging on his wall in Chapter IV?
(a) Job postings.
(b) Sad stories.
(c) Wedding announcements.
13. The people who frequent the grocery store at Number One Cloud Street assume that who owns the building in Chapter III?
(a) The Lamb family.
(b) The Aborigines.
(c) The Pickles family.
(d) The Hearst family.
14. What does Sam Pickles do with the money he receives as his share from the sale of the pub hotel in Chapter III?
(a) He send it to his daughter.
(b) He invests in a car.
(c) He sends it to his mother.
(d) He loses it gambling.
15. How old is Rose Pickles when she no longer scours the pubs looking for her mother because she won’t brave the drunks in Chapter V?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the horse that Joel was betting on when he won a small fortune and bought the house at One Cloud Street?
2. In Joel’s will, it states that the house at One Cloud Street is left to Sam Pickles with what provision?
3. The house at Number One Cloud Street that Sam Pickles inherits from his cousin is located in a suburb of what city?
4. Who does Quick Lamb take with him to row the skiff upriver in Chapter IV?
5. What nation has surrendered, leading to the end of the war in Chapter IV?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)