|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nation has surrendered, leading to the end of the war in Chapter IV?
2. In Chapter IV, the grocery shop is closed for a day as Lester takes his family to what port town?
(d) Southern Cross.
3. How much money does Sam Pickles receive as his share from the sale of the pub hotel in Chapter III?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 5,000 pounds.
(c) 10,000 pounds.
(d) 2,000 pounds.
4. What did Sam Pickles’s father do for a living?
(a) He was a bus driver.
(b) He was a taxidermist.
(c) He was a water diviner.
(d) He was a college professor.
5. What does the “blackfella” that Quick Lamb encounters in Chapter III try to sell him?
(d) Trimmed saplings.
6. What does Sam Pickles do with the money he receives as his share from the sale of the pub hotel in Chapter III?
(a) He loses it gambling.
(b) He send it to his daughter.
(c) He invests in a car.
(d) He sends it to his mother.
7. What is the name of the horse that Sam Pickles starts betting on in Chapter IV?
(b) White Glory.
8. What is inside the package that Sam receives in the hospital in Chapter I?
(a) A golden ring.
(b) A job offer.
(c) His severed fingers.
(d) An insurance settlement.
9. What is the name of Sam Pickles’s father in the novel?
(a) Merv Pickles.
(b) Ted Pickles.
(c) James Pickles.
(d) George Pickles.
10. How does Fish Lamb become injured in Chapter II?
(a) He falls down a flight of stairs
(b) He almost drowns.
(c) He is hit by a train.
(d) He is hit by a car.
11. How old is Rose Pickles when she begins to get alarmingly thin in Chapter V?
12. It is New Year’s Day of what year when Oriel sets up a tent in the backyard in Chapter IV?
13. The doctor who examines Fish Lamb in Chapter III believes that he must be what as a result of his accident?
(a) Brain damaged.
(b) Physically stunted.
14. What was the name of the horse that Joel was betting on when he won a small fortune and bought the house at One Cloud Street?
(d) White Horse.
15. What does Fish Lamb entertain himself by spinning at the dinner table in Chapter III?
(c) Soup bowls.
(d) Dinner plates.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter V, Quick Lamb announces that he is leaving home to do what?
2. What was the old woman that previously owned the house at One Cloud Street doing when she died, according to the narrator in Chapter III?
3. Who becomes upset in Chapter IV when the Lamb and Pickles families go to burn the Guy Fawkes effigy?
4. How are Rose’s brothers described in Chapter V?
5. Where is Quick Lamb supposed to row the skiff to a dock at in Chapter IV?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)