|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the horse that Joel was betting on when he won a small fortune and bought the house at One Cloud Street?
(b) White Horse.
2. Who becomes the chief baker and ice-cream maker at the store in Chapter III?
(a) Oriel Lamb.
(b) Sam Pickles.
(c) Dolly Pickles.
(d) Lester Lamb.
3. How did one of the Aboriginal women commit suicide at One Cloud Street, according to the narrator in Chapter III?
(a) She overdosed on pain pills.
(b) She hung herself.
(c) She slit her wrists.
(d) She drank ant poison.
4. Who does Quick Lamb take with him to row the skiff upriver in Chapter IV?
(a) Fish Lamb.
(b) Oriel Lamb.
(c) Lon Lamb.
(d) Ted Lamb.
5. The doctor who examines Fish Lamb in Chapter III believes that he must be what as a result of his accident?
(a) Physically stunted.
(b) Brain damaged.
6. How does Fish Lamb become injured in Chapter II?
(a) He falls down a flight of stairs
(b) He almost drowns.
(c) He is hit by a train.
(d) He is hit by a car.
7. In Chapter V, Quick Lamb announces that he is leaving home to do what?
(a) “Find himself.”
(b) “Join the military.”
(c) “Fight for freedom.”
(d) “Go bush.”
8. Dolly Pickles dreams about a man with prawns in Chapter I. When the man in Dolly’s dream puts a prawn in her mouth, it turns into what?
(a) A ship's wheel.
(b) A severed finger.
(c) A snake.
(d) A giant octopus.
9. What Australian coin-flipping game does Sam gamble on in Chapter IV?
(a) Aces high.
(d) Double diamonds.
10. Who becomes upset in Chapter IV when the Lamb and Pickles families go to burn the Guy Fawkes effigy?
(a) Quick Lamb.
(b) Rose Pickles.
(c) Dolly Pickles.
(d) Fish Lamb.
11. How much money does Sam Pickles receive as his share from the sale of the pub hotel in Chapter III?
(a) 10,000 pounds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 5,000 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
12. How are Rose’s brothers described in Chapter V?
(a) Excellent students.
(b) Overly ambitious.
(c) Hard working
13. What nation has surrendered, leading to the end of the war in Chapter IV?
14. What is the name of the department store where Rose Pickles begins working at as a switchboard operator in Chapter V?
15. It is January of what year that the Lambs succeed in driving the competing grocer out of business in Chapter V?
Short Answer Questions
1. The people who frequent the grocery store at Number One Cloud Street assume that who owns the building in Chapter III?
2. At what veterans club does Lester Lamb begin performing in Chapter V?
3. The Lamb family plants a garden and raises what animals in their half of the yard in Chapter III?
4. How old is Quick Lamb in the beginning of Chapter V?
5. How old is Quick Lamb in Chapter II?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)