|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam Pickles’s father is described in Chapter I as having passed along his love of what to his son?
(c) Fancy cars.
(d) Nice clothing.
2. What half-brother of Oriel Lamb’s was killed in Palestine in World War I?
3. What is Fish Lamb’s real first name?
4. Which of the Lamb daughters is a short-haired tomboy that does not want to marry?
(a) Hattie Lamb.
(b) Red Lamb.
(c) Elaine Lamb.
(d) Oriel Lamb.
5. Dolly Pickles dreams about a man with prawns in Chapter I. When the man in Dolly’s dream puts a prawn in her mouth, it turns into what?
(a) A giant octopus.
(b) A snake.
(c) A ship's wheel.
(d) A severed finger.
6. How does Fish Lamb become injured in Chapter II?
(a) He almost drowns.
(b) He is hit by a car.
(c) He falls down a flight of stairs
(d) He is hit by a train.
7. Whose idea is it initially to open a small grocery store in an empty room in the house at Number One Cloud Street in Chapter III?
(a) Rose Pickles'.
(b) Dolly Pickles'.
(c) Lester Lamb’s.
(d) Sam Pickles'.
8. What animal belonging to the Lamb family is said to talk in tongues in Chapter V?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A goldfish.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pig.
9. Who does Rose daydream about running away with in Chapter V?
(a) Fish Lamb.
(b) Quick Lamb.
(c) Lester Lamb.
(d) Toby Raven.
10. What is the name of Rose Pickle’s uncle that owns the pub hotel where the Pickle family lives in Chapter I?
(a) Uncle Peter.
(b) Uncle James.
(c) Uncle Joel.
(d) Uncle Billy.
11. At what veterans club does Lester Lamb begin performing in Chapter V?
(a) The White Horse Tavern.
(b) The Koala Club.
(c) The Powder-Room Club.
(d) The Anzac Club.
12. What kind of act does Lester Lamb perform at the veterans club in Chapter V?
(a) A mime act.
(b) A vaudeville act.
(c) A minstrel act.
(d) A rodeo clown act.
13. Who is Sam Pickles gambling with in Chapter IV when he gets so far ahead, the man has to give him a job?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) An undertaker.
(c) A union boss.
(d) A butcher.
14. What is the name of the horse that Sam Pickles starts betting on in Chapter IV?
(d) White Glory.
15. Sam daydreams about drinking beer and eating what after work in Chapter I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam Pickles buy for Rose, reducing her to tears, in Chapter IV?
2. What was the old woman that previously owned the house at One Cloud Street doing when she died, according to the narrator in Chapter III?
3. When is Guy Fawkes Night observed?
4. In what town does the Pickles family live in Chapter I?
5. How old is Rose Pickles when she no longer scours the pubs looking for her mother because she won’t brave the drunks in Chapter V?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)