|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Quick Lamb turn on his birthday in the second half of Chapter III?
2. Who becomes the chief baker and ice-cream maker at the store in Chapter III?
(a) Oriel Lamb.
(b) Sam Pickles.
(c) Lester Lamb.
(d) Dolly Pickles.
3. What does Sam Pickles do with the money he receives as his share from the sale of the pub hotel in Chapter III?
(a) He loses it gambling.
(b) He send it to his daughter.
(c) He invests in a car.
(d) He sends it to his mother.
4. How does Sam injure himself on the job in Chapter I?
(a) His hand is run over by a tractor.
(b) His hand is shot with a pellet-gun.
(c) His hand is burned by acid.
(d) His hand is caught in a winch.
5. Where does Sam Pickles “win” a job position during a gambling game in Chapter IV?
(a) A school.
(b) A butcher’s shop.
(c) A bank.
(d) A mint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the “blackfella” that Quick Lamb encounters in Chapter III try to sell him?
2. For how long do the Lambs nurse Quick back to health after he is returned to Cloudstreet in Chapter VI?
3. What month is it when the warm weather begins in Australia, according to the narrator in Chapter V?
4. What did Sam Pickles’s father do for a living?
5. Why does Beryl Lee say she is moving out in Chapter VII?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)