|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Lamb daughters is a short-haired tomboy that does not want to marry?
(a) Elaine Lamb.
(b) Hattie Lamb.
(c) Red Lamb.
(d) Oriel Lamb.
2. What body part of Sam’s tingles when bad luck seems to be approaching in the novel?
(a) His neck.
(b) His foot.
(c) His hand.
(d) His ribcage.
3. What is the name of Rose Pickle’s uncle that owns the pub hotel where the Pickle family lives in Chapter I?
(a) Uncle James.
(b) Uncle Joel.
(c) Uncle Peter.
(d) Uncle Billy.
4. How much money does Sam Pickles receive as his share from the sale of the pub hotel in Chapter III?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 10,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 5,000 pounds.
5. How does Joel die in Chapter I?
(a) He has a stroke.
(b) He develops tuberculosis.
(c) He has a heart attack.
(d) He is hit by a train.
Short Answer Questions
1. The historical figure of Guy Fawkes was a member of what plot?
2. What is the name of the department store where Rose Pickles begins working at as a switchboard operator in Chapter V?
3. Where does Sam receive a package from while he recuperates in the hospital in Chapter I?
4. What do the members of the Lamb family spin in order to determine who will wash dishes in Chapter III?
5. What is the name of Sam Pickles’s father in the novel?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)