|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter V, Quick Lamb announces that he is leaving home to do what?
(a) “Fight for freedom.”
(b) “Find himself.”
(c) “Join the military.”
(d) “Go bush.”
2. What was the name of the horse that Joel was betting on when he won a small fortune and bought the house at One Cloud Street?
(d) White Horse.
3. What is the name of the pub hotel where the Pickle family lives in Chapter I?
(a) The Southern Cross Hotel.
(b) The Excelsior Hotel.
(c) The Eurhythmic Hotel.
(d) The Mosman Hotel.
4. What do the members of the Lamb family spin in order to determine who will wash dishes in Chapter III?
(a) An Indian arrowhead.
(b) A butter knife.
(c) A bottle.
(d) A pencil.
5. What war is under way in Chapter III of the novel?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) The Korean War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to have convinced the woman who owned One Cloud Street to take in Aboriginal women in Chapter III?
2. The doctor who examines Fish Lamb in Chapter III believes that he must be what as a result of his accident?
3. What kind of act does Lester Lamb perform at the veterans club in Chapter V?
4. What is Quick Lamb’s real first name?
5. What is the name of Sam Pickles’s father in the novel?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)