|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam Pickles do with the money he receives as his share from the sale of the pub hotel in Chapter III?
(a) He send it to his daughter.
(b) He loses it gambling.
(c) He invests in a car.
(d) He sends it to his mother.
2. How did one of the Aboriginal women commit suicide at One Cloud Street, according to the narrator in Chapter III?
(a) She hung herself.
(b) She overdosed on pain pills.
(c) She drank ant poison.
(d) She slit her wrists.
3. Who discovers Sam Pickles sitting on the edge of the bathtub with an open razor in Chapter V?
(a) Lester Lamb.
(b) Oriel Lamb.
(c) Rose Pickles.
(d) Dolly Pickles.
4. Who is said to have convinced the woman who owned One Cloud Street to take in Aboriginal women in Chapter III?
(a) A Catholic nun.
(b) A traveling salesman.
(c) An Anglican priest.
(d) A local politician.
5. How old is Quick Lamb in the beginning of Chapter V?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Lamb daughters feel about their new life in the city in Chapter III?
2. How many children do Lester and Oriel Lamb have in Chapter II?
3. What does Sam Pickles buy for Rose, reducing her to tears, in Chapter IV?
4. What was the name of the horse that Joel was betting on when he won a small fortune and bought the house at One Cloud Street?
5. What nation has surrendered, leading to the end of the war in Chapter IV?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)