|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Lamb daughters is noted as being a remarkably good marbles player?
(a) Oriel Lamb.
(b) Hattie Lamb.
(c) Red Lamb.
(d) Elaine Lamb.
2. Who is said to run the grocery store like a drill sergeant, keeping a close eye on supply and demand, in Chapter III?
(a) Rose Pickles.
(b) Sam Pickles.
(c) Dolly Pickles.
(d) Oriel Lamb.
3. The doctor who examines Fish Lamb in Chapter III believes that he must be what as a result of his accident?
(a) Physically stunted.
(c) Brain damaged.
4. How much money does Sam Pickles receive as his share from the sale of the pub hotel in Chapter III?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 5,000 pounds.
(d) 10,000 pounds.
5. In Chapter IV, the grocery shop is closed for a day as Lester takes his family to what port town?
(b) Southern Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam Pickles do with the money he receives as his share from the sale of the pub hotel in Chapter III?
2. Rose and her brothers discover the severed foot of whom washed up on the beach in Chapter I?
3. What is the name of the pub hotel where the Pickle family lives in Chapter I?
4. What is inside the package that Sam receives in the hospital in Chapter I?
5. What does Sam Pickles buy for Rose, reducing her to tears, in Chapter IV?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)