|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the pub hotel where the Pickle family lives in Chapter I?
(a) The Excelsior Hotel.
(b) The Southern Cross Hotel.
(c) The Mosman Hotel.
(d) The Eurhythmic Hotel.
2. In what town does the Pickles family live in Chapter I?
(a) Margaret River.
(b) Southern Cross.
3. How does Sam injure himself on the job in Chapter I?
(a) His hand is caught in a winch.
(b) His hand is run over by a tractor.
(c) His hand is burned by acid.
(d) His hand is shot with a pellet-gun.
4. Who is said to have convinced the woman who owned One Cloud Street to take in Aboriginal women in Chapter III?
(a) A Catholic nun.
(b) A local politician.
(c) A traveling salesman.
(d) An Anglican priest.
5. Sam recuperates in the hospital for how long after his work injury in Chapter I?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 1 week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam daydreams about drinking beer and eating what after work in Chapter I?
2. How many children do Lester and Oriel Lamb have in Chapter II?
3. What was the name of the horse that Joel was betting on when he won a small fortune and bought the house at One Cloud Street?
4. What is the name of Sam Pickles’s father in the novel?
5. In Joel’s will, it states that the house at One Cloud Street is left to Sam Pickles with what provision?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)