|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sam Pickles’s father do for a living?
(a) He was a bus driver.
(b) He was a taxidermist.
(c) He was a water diviner.
(d) He was a college professor.
2. In Joel’s will, it states that the house at One Cloud Street is left to Sam Pickles with what provision?
(a) That he sell it immediately.
(b) That he leave it to his children when he dies.
(c) That he open a store there.
(d) That he not sell it for 20 years.
3. What was the old woman that previously owned the house at One Cloud Street doing when she died, according to the narrator in Chapter III?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Playing piano.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Drinking wine.
4. How much money does Sam Pickles receive as his share from the sale of the pub hotel in Chapter III?
(a) 5,000 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 10,000 pounds.
(d) 2,000 pounds.
5. What is the name of the pub hotel where the Pickle family lives in Chapter I?
(a) The Eurhythmic Hotel.
(b) The Mosman Hotel.
(c) The Southern Cross Hotel.
(d) The Excelsior Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to have convinced the woman who owned One Cloud Street to take in Aboriginal women in Chapter III?
2. In what room of the house at One Cloud Street did the old woman who previously owned it die?
3. Dolly Pickles dreams about a man with prawns in Chapter I. When the man in Dolly’s dream puts a prawn in her mouth, it turns into what?
4. What was the name of the horse that Joel was betting on when he won a small fortune and bought the house at One Cloud Street?
5. What is the Lamb family fishing for in the opening of Chapter II?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)