|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lester Lamb’s occupation in Chapter II?
(a) He is an undertaker.
(b) He is a policeman.
(c) He is an optician.
(d) He is a butcher.
2. Where does Sam receive a package from while he recuperates in the hospital in Chapter I?
(a) The Abrolhos Islands.
(b) The Anzac Club.
(d) Southern Cross.
3. What is Fish Lamb’s real first name?
4. What is the name of Sam Pickles’s father in the novel?
(a) James Pickles.
(b) Merv Pickles.
(c) Ted Pickles.
(d) George Pickles.
5. What was the name of the horse that Joel was betting on when he won a small fortune and bought the house at One Cloud Street?
(c) White Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Rose’s brothers in the novel?
2. What is the Lamb family fishing for in the opening of Chapter II?
3. What was the old woman that previously owned the house at One Cloud Street doing when she died, according to the narrator in Chapter III?
4. How old is Quick Lamb in Chapter II?
5. What did Sam Pickles’s father do for a living?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)